Raising them right

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Very cute young fellow. Obviously gets his looks from the other side of the family. :)

You'll have to post your riding impressions of all those Yamies later tomorrow.
 
meowguy_imp said:
If I had known grandchildren would be so much fun I would have had them first. Mazeltov.
LOL. Excellent.
 
That's so cool. That little guy will always remember helping granddad with his motorcycle!

Thanks for sharing.
 
Thread starter
He's a GREAT kid, so easy going. Loves to have fun. Just like his father. Loves motorcycles and tractors. Watching him could very well be the best part of being retired. Worked too much when my own kids were little to see all the cool stuff they learn/discover on a daily basis. Today he saw his first snail. Day before yesterday I watched him too and he saw his first cicada.

Can't wait until he is big enough to ride with me.
 
Thread starter
Very cool. It's fun to see the excitement in their little faces when they are riding mechanical things... Even slow mechanical things.

Heck I'd like to play with that equipment myself! Those would really come in handy.
 
The ferret_imp said:
He's a GREAT kid, so easy going. Loves to have fun. Just like his father. Loves motorcycles and tractors. Watching him could very well be the best part of being retired. Worked too much when my own kids were little to see all the cool stuff they learn/discover on a daily basis. Today he saw his first snail. Day before yesterday I watched him too and he saw his first cicada.

Can't wait until he is big enough to ride with me.
I've a step-granddaughter who is living with us at the moment. She is a source of endless fascination. Like Ferret I didn't spend enough time with my children when they were young. But I think it's different being a grandparent. You've been through it all once; you've a better idea about what's important and so you don't sweat the minor things; and you're not wrestling to do things like organise your life and keep ahead of your jobs nearly so much. So you've got more time to relax and enjoy it.

CIP57_imp said:
No grandchildren yet. These are two children my wife watches on a regular basis. The love to come to work and run the excavator and ride on all the equipment.

Me and Liam

Joanne and the Kids
[url=http://s1034.photobucket.com/user/cipolla57/media/photo_zps252492c2.jpg.html]

Gee, I reckon a bobcat'd be fun.
 
That's awesome Mickey! As others have already said, he is a handsome little gent. Reminds me of my son who is 2 & 1/2. It's a great time to watch them grow! :thumbsup:
 
I'll have to post photos of my cat. My kid is a surly teenager now...he hasn't been cute for years now.

I wonder if I can get him on the bike w/o scratching the paint?
 
Great pics, Mickey (and CP). I often wish that I had started riding sooner. Not just because I love riding, but so my kids could have been exposed to this great activity when they were your grandkid's size.

Also, great to see you're playing with someone your own size. Hahahaha :rofl: (I crack myself up)
 
Back
Top