Landy100_imp
First service completed
Thread starter
I need some advice - I used to have a 2012 CB1100 and had the Honda rack that fitted - no problem. I sold it and got a 2015 CB1100 EX with spokes and new seat. I was told the old Honda rack would fit - it doesn't. Then got another rack from Honda accessory catalogue it - black with hand grips and comes with a 37 litre top box. That does not fit!
I then got to look at the fitting guide for the Honda CB1100 EX rack in chrome - and see that you need to fit another "garnich" i.e. bracket that is provided plus a million spacers etc.
Then i had a good look at my bike and the new EX seat has a deeper valance which means the hand grips and indicators have to drop an inch or so.
It seems if I got the old type seat I could use my old Honda rack if I removed the bracket that drops to hand grips to allow the new EX seat to fit.
This is a bit long winded but has anybody else had a look in this area? I am just about to order a new Honda chrome rack (at huge expense) for the EX.
Appreciate any advice!!!
Regards Landy
I then got to look at the fitting guide for the Honda CB1100 EX rack in chrome - and see that you need to fit another "garnich" i.e. bracket that is provided plus a million spacers etc.
Then i had a good look at my bike and the new EX seat has a deeper valance which means the hand grips and indicators have to drop an inch or so.
It seems if I got the old type seat I could use my old Honda rack if I removed the bracket that drops to hand grips to allow the new EX seat to fit.
This is a bit long winded but has anybody else had a look in this area? I am just about to order a new Honda chrome rack (at huge expense) for the EX.
Appreciate any advice!!!
Regards Landy
