The Spaceman_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
I had to return from Daytona in a hurry due to what turned out to be a minor issue. Its about 220 miles. I'm afraid I have to strenuously disagree with those who say the CB is not a good highway bike from an engine or gearing perspective.
Thanks to Florida's typically fast traffic, I was able to run the entire way at 80+. Frequently the traffic was over 90, especially on the Turnpike. The CB was smooth; solid, absolutely no feeling it was being pushed or over-revved. Obviously with only the Flyscreen I had to tuck in to stay on the bike, but man, I wished I could keep going another couple hours when I got to my exit.
It will be interesting to see how the revs compare between the 5 and 6 speed bikes when they arrive. I was in the high 4,000's most of the time on this trip.
Thanks to Florida's typically fast traffic, I was able to run the entire way at 80+. Frequently the traffic was over 90, especially on the Turnpike. The CB was smooth; solid, absolutely no feeling it was being pushed or over-revved. Obviously with only the Flyscreen I had to tuck in to stay on the bike, but man, I wished I could keep going another couple hours when I got to my exit.
It will be interesting to see how the revs compare between the 5 and 6 speed bikes when they arrive. I was in the high 4,000's most of the time on this trip.
Damnit.