Question on versions

Deketh_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hey guys, I've just paid a deposit on a 2014 model with the spoked wheels, 4 in 2 exhaust, redesigned seat and side panels. This suggests to me that it's the EX version, but the dealer has it as the SA-E version and all checks on the reg bring up the SA-E version too. I can't find any Honda info about an SA-E version, only the EX, and the EX was what I thought I was buying. Are they the same thing?
Thanks for your help.
 
Thread starter
BestStandard_imp said:
SA-E is the EX model with spoke wheels for all markets except the USA. It's the DLX with silver alloy wheels in the US.
So, are you saying that the sa-e is the same as the EX? Every EX model seems to have spoke wheels too.
 
Deketh

the EX has spokes and is sold every where but the US

The same version is sold in the US with mag wheels and it's called a Deluxe

where is Somerset? England or Kentucky?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Deketh

the EX has spokes and is sold every where but the US

The same version is sold in the US with mag wheels and it's called a Deluxe

where is Somerset? England or Kentucky?
It's in England. Perhaps I'm being dense, I just don't understand the difference between the sa e and the EX.
 
Honda nomenclature is all Technically it's a CB1100SA-E for the buying public it's called a CB1100EX
 
Now that you have a deposit on a '14 SA-E (a.k.a. EX ), you need to do a forum search for "Rubber Lever End Thingies" and set a few hours aside to study the thread, lol....
 
Don't worry Deketh, it's an EX. In the U.K. Any CB1100 with spokes is an EX. I think it was the only CB sold in the UK as a 2014 model. It'll also have 6 gears and a speed limit set to 112.
A fine bike and a steal I bet, compared to this years EX! ;-)
 
Does anyone know if this speed limiter was done everywhere, particularly Canada. Is it a Honda thing or imposed by regulations in the various countries? I can't imagine buying a CB1000RR with such a thing. I have also heard the number 108 mph as the limit. Still on 600 km and being rather gentle until I hit the 600m/1000km mark and oil change.


2016 Honda CB1100
 
I have read that some have not had the ecu limited, but don't believe that to be true.112 or 180 km is the national speed limit in Japan where this bike was designed for. To the best of my knowledge ALL CB 1100's come with an ecu that limits rpms in certain gears and limits top speed to 180km/112 mph. The ecu can be reflashed by outside vendors to remove thise restrictions. Some forum members have had that done and have been able to go rev abput 500 rpms higher in certain gears and reach a top speed about 23 mph higher or about 135 mph.

Yes in Japan, no matter who makes what motorcycle ... SUzuki Hyabusa, CBR 1000, Kawasaki H2R, BMW S1000R, KTM 1250 ALL are limited to 112 mph.

Honda just never re-programmed the ecus in the CB 1100 any differently than the ones for their home market.
 
Back
Top