Question for anyone that has Honda heated grips

Olyrider

Been there
Thread starter
Do your bar-ends spin freely?

I installed the left grip today as I began the installation. I was surprised that the polished bar-end that came with the kit doesn't "seat". It is mounted securely, but it free wheels.

Does yours?
 
Mine does not. However, I did not install the grips, the Honda dealer did. It was part of the package I negotiated. Their service department might be able to help you.
 
I had the same problem with the chrome bar ends while installing the heated grips. I think the black bar ends that came with the bike went further into the handlebar (if memory serves; I did this install in December).
What I did to resolve was pulled out the bar weights out of the handlebar far enough to allow the groove of the chrome bar end to rest solid against the tab of the bar weight and then screw in the bar end to the bar weight. Afterward, I pushed them back into the handlebar, and they no longer spun on themselves..

Also, if you have a problem getting the bar weight out of the handlebar (which I did; they were pushed in pretty far), I used the bar end screw to pull it out by screwing it directly into the weight (without the bar end attached) which gave me something to grip and pull it out. I think I pulled it out about 1/8" past the opening of the handlebar and it worked out well..

Last, I have the 14' Black Std, so it had the black bar ends/screws and my heated hand grip kit didn't come with the chrome screws.. If you have the DLX, you have the chrome screws, and not a issue.. If not, the black screws don't look right (IMO), so I ordered the DLX screws to finish the install.

Hope this info helps..
 
Great second post Motofiend
 
Back
Top