Quarter of a million miles

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
I started riding in 1965 but didn't start a mileage log until 2008, when one day I got to wondering exactly how many miles I actually rode in a year.

After this morning's ride I noticed I had passed the quarter million mile mark since I started keeping track in 2008 with 250,207 to be exact.

Wish I had started keeping track in 1965.

I also started keeping track of days ridden when I retired in mid 2013 and as of the end Dec 31, 2021 I have averaged 300 days of riding a year.

As I near 72 years old and the inevitable end of my riding career one day, I can look back fondly at all the great bikes, all the miles, all the cool places, and all the wonderful people that the journey has provided.

Dang it's been fun.
 
Ferret, that’s terrific and quite an accomplishment. I don’t keep a journal of my rides but I do note how many miles I put on a specific bike before I sell it. My totals are up there, too.

Don’t let age slow you down. Keep riding!
 
Well done Ferret, many, many miles, congratulations!!
Stay fit, healthy and continue riding.
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
Ferret, that’s terrific and quite an accomplishment. I don’t keep a journal of my rides but I do note how many miles I put on a specific bike before I sell it. My totals are up there, too.

Don’t let age slow you down. Keep riding!
Thanks all

Hey they don't call you Long Ranger for nothing lol. I knew you had a lot of miles under your belt as well.

Hey 73cb750, I rode hardtail choppers for a few years back in the late 60's early 70's. Was riding this one when I met my wife in '72. We will be married 48 years in May. (notice lots of hair and no belly lol). The one in the video would handle terribly and wouldnt even be fun to ride in a straight line, much less around a curve...or in a parking lot even.

0986cece3b776dbe3a4a04832c25b8ce.jpg
 
Now THAT's a milestone! It has been one of the highlights of my motorcycling "career" to have ridden with you on a scant handful of those miles.
 
Wow, that's a lot of miles. I just did some quick calculations of what the mileages were on the bikes I can remember selling. Even counting the bikes I've rented or borrowed for long trips... I'm nowhere near that number!

Congratulations!
 
That’s quite a milestone Ferret! The only thing I can say for myself is I done more miles walking to the bathroom at nighttime than miles ridden on my CB lately.
 
Thread starter
:rofl:

I understand
 
Congratulations, Ferret. Like EmptySea, I feel honored to have ridden a tiny few of those miles with you.
 
That is a pleasant remark Cormanus.

In contrast, some of us (like me) have missed two opportunities in a row to mesh with fellow international Forum members due to SARS-CoV-2. It is not clear if I can keep the "other stars aligned" long enough for when the time comes again.
 
Thread starter
As I said " all the wonderful people"
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
Sorry to go way off topic, and I don’t mean to derail this thread, but Ferret would you buy DCT again?
Yes, but it would have to be a more powerful motorcycle lol. Its not like the NC 750 isnt doing everything I ask of it, it is, but every time I jump on the CB 1100 it's like, Oh yea, this is the motor the NC 750 should have lol. That creamy effortless CB power just spoils you. Well that and the FJR, and the ST 1300, and the FZ-1's and the KZ 1000. I'm a liter class I-4 guy at heart I guess.

The DCT transmission itself is brilliant, once you get used to it.
 
Back
Top