quarter mile

Texas Tornado_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
I am brand new to this forum, so this question may have been asked and answered, I have had my cb since Feb, I love it. I can't find any information on it's quarter mile times does anyone know?:huh:
 
zeroto60times.com has it listed at:
2013 Honda CB1100 0-60 mph 3.3 Quarter Mile 12.0
I'd like to see what time I can get once I nail the off-the-line take off! Drag strip's not too far.
 
I don't think anyone has an unrestricted quarter mile time yet. I recall that Cycle World attempted it last year, but the bike hit the 112 mph speed limiter before completing the run.

While the 0-100 time was 8.3 sec, the 1/4 mile was suspiciously slow at 12.79 sec. with a terminal speed around 111 mph.

A few members have recently reflashed the ECU to remove the speed limiter, so we may be seeing a real quarter mile time soon.
 
Firstfour_imp said:
11.79 sec. @ 110.87 mph per the Cycle World test in July '13 issue.
Correct. I had a finger slip in the post above :blush:
 
Firstfour_imp said:
11.79 sec. @ 110.87 mph per the Cycle World test in July '13 issue.
That still looks like a speed limiter run.

I believe sub 11 second runs with a reflashed stock bike are more than possible.
 
Hmmm....my 86 Ninja 900 had 110 HP and weighed 500 lbs, its best rated time in print was 10.8 seconds....so how much horse power do we need out of the CB1100 to get under 11 seconds?
BTW, my best time on my old Ninja was 11.6 or so, not as good as the pros.
 
CB4ME_imp said:
Firstfour_imp said:
11.79 sec. @ 110.87 mph per the Cycle World test in July '13 issue.
That still looks like a speed limiter run.

I believe sub 11 second runs with a reflashed stock bike are more than possible.
That still looks like a speed limiter run.

I believe sub 11 second runs with a reflashed stock bike are more than possible.
I think so, i ran an 8.0 0-100 on a slight uphill grade easily 7.8 or 9 on level ground.0-60 3.2 I'm thinking 11.00 maybe 10.90's
 
Back
Top