Gone in 60
Road warrior
... Or just never get it wet...I try not to.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
My rear CB1100 fender was pretty back for rust.Ollie_imp said:For anyone who yet hasn't, I strongly suggest removing the front fender to clean and treat the rust on the under side of it.
Any advice on how to properly treat the rust?Ollie_imp said:For anyone who yet hasn't, I strongly suggest removing the front fender to clean and treat the rust on the under side of it.
My rear CB1100 fender was pretty [bad] for rust.GoldOxide_imp said:My rear CB1100 fender was pretty back for rust.Ollie_imp said:For anyone who yet hasn't, I strongly suggest removing the front fender to clean and treat the rust on the under side of it.
Any advice on how to properly treat the rust?Whoops_imp said:Any advice on how to properly treat the rust?Ollie_imp said:For anyone who yet hasn't, I strongly suggest removing the front fender to clean and treat the rust on the under side of it.
Any advice on how to properly treat the rust?pdedse_imp said:Any advice on how to properly treat the rust?Whoops_imp said:Any advice on how to properly treat the rust?Ollie_imp said:For anyone who yet hasn't, I strongly suggest removing the front fender to clean and treat the rust on the under side of it.
It's of interest to me, too, so I went looking for threads from the past, as I know there were a couple dealing with it:
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=10061
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=17841&highlight=rust
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9395

Mine is a 17 EX and shows signs of rust under the front where the tack welds and near the edge folds. The rear looks very good still.The Gecko_imp said:I ride my EX in dry (90%) and wet. Just been in the garage to check: absolutely no rust under the fenders after 6y. Could it be that Honda improved their quality with the 17 model ? Would be curious to hear from other EX owners.
My 2017 MY (registered on the road 2018) had rust coming through the paint that the last owner put on and that was only at 5K miles when I got it. I don't know how much wet riding they did but I doubt it was much. I try and avoid the rain on the CB with the good fortune to own another bike.The Gecko_imp said:I ride my EX in dry (90%) and wet. Just been in the garage to check: absolutely no rust under the fenders after 6y. Could it be that Honda improved their quality with the 17 model ? Would be curious to hear from other EX owners.
Sorry to disappoint you Gecko, mine is a 17' and has rust under both fenders and planned to work on it this spring.The Gecko_imp said:I ride my EX in dry (90%) and wet. Just been in the garage to check: absolutely no rust under the fenders after 6y. Could it be that Honda improved their quality with the 17 model ? Would be curious to hear from other EX owners.
Nope, it's still wide open to water and dirt.GoldOxide_imp said:... I think on my NC750 the rear shock was exposed to the washing of the rear wheel action.
Did they shroud that up with some plastic on your NC, Ferret?
Nope, it's still wide open to water and dirt.The ferret_imp said:Nope, it's still wide open to water and dirt.GoldOxide_imp said:... I think on my NC750 the rear shock was exposed to the washing of the rear wheel action.
Did they shroud that up with some plastic on your NC, Ferret?
Sorry to disappoint you Gecko, mine is a 17' and has rust under both fenders and planned to work on it this spring.Alain Lee_imp said:Sorry to disappoint you Gecko, mine is a 17' and has rust under both fenders and planned to work on it this spring.The Gecko_imp said:I ride my EX in dry (90%) and wet. Just been in the garage to check: absolutely no rust under the fenders after 6y. Could it be that Honda improved their quality with the 17 model ? Would be curious to hear from other EX owners.
Sorry to disappoint you Gecko, mine is a 17' and has rust under both fenders and planned to work on it this spring.The Gecko_imp said:Sorry to disappoint you Gecko, mine is a 17' and has rust under both fenders and planned to work on it this spring.Alain Lee_imp said:Sorry to disappoint you Gecko, mine is a 17' and has rust under both fenders and planned to work on it this spring.The Gecko_imp said:I ride my EX in dry (90%) and wet. Just been in the garage to check: absolutely no rust under the fenders after 6y. Could it be that Honda improved their quality with the 17 model ? Would be curious to hear from other EX owners.
Let me know if you find a real good solution, pleaee.
). :biker: