Alfgaxatico_imp
Running like a top
Thread starter
someone has installed the quad lock system on the handlebar of the CB; to hold the mobile ????
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
THIS IS 100% TRUEHigginsNYC_imp said:Be aware.!
And a bit careful. I love the quad lock system, and have use it for my iPhone for years. BUT - when I upgraded to the iPhone 11 Pro... things went badly. When mounted to the handlebar, the vibration from the bike (I'm on a 2013 CB1100) wrecked the camera focusing stabilizer motors on the new phones (iPhone 8 and newer). I ate through 3 phones in 2 weeks, running the camera each time (all covered by Apple, thankfully) before I found a solution I could live with.
Rubber bits on the bar first didn't help. Some add-on dampening set ups were way to bulky and ridiculous. So - I chose to get it off the bar altogether and created a mounting bracket that actually tied into the Speedo Cluster/Instuments - so that the quad lock mount is actually attached to the existing dampening rubber mounts that hold the instrument panel. Seems complicated, but actually simple (although a little work to install).
Just a warning. I can post pics if/when anyone is keen on it.
-Mike
I have. Works great. Here a few pics to show the mount, including with an iPhone 11 case. I added the vibration dampener to manage the vibration issues others have raised. Have the same thing on my K1600GTL using the RAM ball mount Quad Lock just introduced. That works just as well.Alfgaxatico_imp said:someone has installed the quad lock system on the handlebar of the CB; to hold the mobile ????
We love pics around here.HigginsNYC_imp said:Be aware.!
And a bit careful. I love the quad lock system, and have use it for my iPhone for years. BUT - when I upgraded to the iPhone 11 Pro... things went badly. When mounted to the handlebar, the vibration from the bike (I'm on a 2013 CB1100) wrecked the camera focusing stabilizer motors on the new phones (iPhone 8 and newer). I ate through 3 phones in 2 weeks, running the camera each time (all covered by Apple, thankfully) before I found a solution I could live with.
Rubber bits on the bar first didn't help. Some add-on dampening set ups were way to bulky and ridiculous. So - I chose to get it off the bar altogether and created a mounting bracket that actually tied into the Speedo Cluster/Instuments - so that the quad lock mount is actually attached to the existing dampening rubber mounts that hold the instrument panel. Seems complicated, but actually simple (although a little work to install).
Just a warning. I can post pics if/when anyone is keen on it.
-Mike