Qatar Moto GP ***SPOILER ALERT****

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
How is Marquez's shoulder since he had surgery on in the off season? HINT

In Free Practice 2 today, he destroyed the old lap record at Qatar by almost 1/2 a second
 
The ferret_imp said:
How is Marquez's shoulder since he had surgery on in the off season? HINT

In Free Practice 2 today, he destroyed the old lap record at Qatar by almost 1/2 a second
That guy is unbelievable! I am looking forward to this new season for motogp and I also love the AMA supercross and motocross. Do you follow those also?
 
Thread starter
No I don't. I quit following Motocross when they took it indoors. I do occasionally watch a Grand Prix event, held outside, but have no interest in the supercrosses.
 
Is Lorenzo back at work, Ferret? How does he look on the Honda?
 
Thread starter
Yes he is back in action and looking pretty good. Didn't quite make top 10 in FP 2. Rins on the Suzuki pushed him out in the last few seconds.
 
I’m looking forward to the race. It goes to air live at 0230 which is a bit early for me. I’m planning to record it and avoid the forum until I’ve watched it.
 
Thread starter
lol to tell you the truth I have no idea when the race s on. I thought it was Sunday at 1:00 my time. I just have to keep checking.
 
Thread starter
After Q2 line up for tomorrows race

1st row

Vinales (pole) Dovisioso Marquez

2nd row

Miller, Quatararo, Crutchlow

3rd row

Petruci, Morbidelli, Nakagami

Rins in 10th, Lorenzo 14th, Rossi 15th

Oh baby going to be a good one tomorrow.
 
Thread starter
Geezalou what a race. Will report the results a little later. Right now it's 55 degrees and sunny out and I'm going to take the CB for a ride
 
The ferret_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:

That's silly and makes the 4 mfgs look petty.

That's silly and makes the 4 mfgs look petty.
How about throwing parts of your seat pad into the pack!!

On the new rear winglet thingy: Thought I had seen those before. Looks kind of familiar. Anyway, if it's legal, they'll all use them - especially in the hotter races. Doesn't exactly seem like rocket science.
 
Thread starter
Thing is, they have know they had them for weeks, but apparently could only say something if they were actually used in a race. I'll be dissapointed if Dovi loses because of this.
 
See now the protest has been rejected. So, yeah, they'll all be using them.

Anyway, great races. Always good to see the guys mixing it up and fun to see Cal hang in there and get on the podium.
 
Thread starter
Yea I would have really liked to see Rins get on the podium for Suzuki, he really earned it, but can't deny Crutchlow's dogged determination amd drive earning that last podium spot either.
 
Marvellous race. I thought Marquez would pull it off, but Dovi is such a tenacious rider. Great effort. I’m surprised Miller didn’t cop at least a reprimand for tossing bits of his seat around. It was a great pity; I was hoping to see him do well in the race.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Marvellous race. I thought Marquez would pull it off, but Dovi is such a tenacious rider. Great effort. I’m surprised Miller didn’t cop at least a reprimand for tossing bits of his seat around. It was a great pity; I was hoping to see him do well in the race.
I as well. I was shocked when he tossed the seat part into the fray; could have caused a serious incident.

The race was such a close one and I'm happy for Dovi but they, the lead group, were all winners, providing a high level of excitement for the fans.
 
I thoroughly enjoyed all 3 races and too me the moto 3 races may be the best. Also the Daytona supercross was a great race.
 
Back
Top