Richard_imp
Running like a top
Thread starter
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I guess nobody said it'd be easy...GoldOxide_imp said:All this talk isn't helping me ween off the CB. :dodgy:
Yes, I seem to be a bit of a regular visitor. My bike is 7 months old and it has done almost 10,000 miles. I've owned it from new.Gone in 60_imp said:Ah yes, I also got to sample BMW's latest and greatest loaner bikes, every time mine went in for warranty work. I almost miss it actually...
"Let's see, last time you were in, we gave you an F800GS. We could do that one again, or, hey, you haven't had the scooter yet. Want to take the scooter?"
"Ooh, that sounds fun. Sure, give me the scooter this time!"
One of my pals at work part exchanged his GS1250 for a fully loaded GS 850 with Akropovic muffler. His local dealer did him a great deal.LongRanger_imp said:Richard, GS 850 or GS 1250?
Mine is the 1250. I previously owned a GS750 for a short while. The 1250 is a swiss-army-knife kind of bike. It does everything I need and although there are faster, prettier, better-handling, more exciting bikes, this one just suits my simple needs by providing a comfortable and safe way of exploring the wonderful countryside we have in the North of England...LongRanger_imp said:Richard, GS 850 or GS 1250?


It's the Wrynose Pass in Cumbria, England. I rode it last year, along with the Hardknott Pass. They are both pretty steep, with severe hairpins, a gnarly road surface and only wide enough for a single vehicle. They are also quite popular with car drivers, some of whom don't realise that most motorcycles don't have reverse gears!Bheezy27403_imp said:Sign me up for that road!!!