Pulsing brake light modification

Cqrlm911_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
New cb1100ex and wanted opinions on above title. Pulsing brake lights should have to help reduce rear end collisions. Anyone install these? Reccs on best kits etc for the led bike? I have only been riding again a few weeks after(too long) 15 year break, and cars do not see bikes! Thanks
 
You're right, cars don't see bikes. On all of my bikes, I install two white LEDs up front to give a "triangle of light" that distinguishes me from a car, and install a flashing red LED strip on the back that lights up with the brake light.

I'd need a second person to hold my brakes while I take the picture, so they're kind of hard to see, but on the Bonneville, the LED strip is on the bottom of my license plate. On the CB, it's right below my Givi rear rack. The strip is flexible and has a 3M tape backing, so it conforms to the shape of whatever you stick it to. The flasher gives a quick strobe, then a slow strobe, then stays solid.

Here's the links to the LED strip and the flasher module on Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Dyn...=312433727106dd755b3a6bf54c0db93b1d22c7345977

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GS-100A-Ca...sher-Module-/273139088322?hash=item3f985bbbc2
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
You're right, cars don't see bikes. On all of my bikes, I install two white LEDs up front to give a "triangle of light" that distinguishes me from a car, and install a flashing red LED strip on the back that lights up with the brake light.

I'd need a second person to hold my brakes while I take the picture, so they're kind of hard to see, but on the Bonneville, the LED strip is on the bottom of my license plate. On the CB, it's right below my Givi rear rack. The strip is flexible and has a 3M tape backing, so it conforms to the shape of whatever you stick it to. The flasher gives a quick strobe, then a slow strobe, then stays solid.

Here's the links to the LED strip and the flasher module on Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Dyn...=312433727106dd755b3a6bf54c0db93b1d22c7345977

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GS-100A-Ca...sher-Module-/273139088322?hash=item3f985bbbc2
My redneck solution is to pulsate the front brake lever when stopping with a vehicle behind me.
 
If nobody's behind me when I come to a red light, as the first car comes up behind me I'll release and reapply the brake so they get the strobe, in case they're not completely awake as they get close.
 
I do that too, even with my pulsing tail light bulb. I squeeze it flashes 3 times real fast I let go and squeeze again and it flashes 3x real fast so they get 3x the effect, but yea multiple squeezes of the stock bulb beats a single squeeze.
 
I've been doing that brake light flashing for years too.
I also wear a white helmet and a red jacket so, unless you're asleep, I'm not that hard to see.
 
Rocky_imp said:
I've been doing that brake light flashing for years too.
I also wear a white helmet and a red jacket so, unless you're asleep, I'm not that hard to see.
Good point. I wear a bright DOT orange or yellow long sleeve shirt, with a day glow vest over that.
 
Back
Top