Pulled a redReno...

mrhonda1987_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Yeah, I followed Luis' example and traded the CB1100 in. As much as I wanted to love it, I just couldn't.

Anyway, the other local Honda dealer had a holdover 2011 Stateline on the floor with 9 miles on it. Well, it has 82 since the ride home and some blasting around town. Good grunt, nice exhaust note, bitchin' styling. If I won the Powerball, I'd have kept the 1100 as a garage ornament, but to me a bike is no good if you can't ride it. Bad knee and numb testes made the 11 almost impossible to live with, so it had to go.

As much as I wanted an 11 in the beginning, I could hardly believe I traded her in. But the Stateline was good deal and it fits my fat frame and it cruises oh so nice... Yeah, I made the right choice. I'll stick around and keep up; this is a nice place to be. Plus the CB11 makes for some good bike porn, so theres that. Thanks all.
 
I had one of those and with a passenger when I went around a corner or went over a bump I bottomed out or scraped something so I got rid of it. Hope yours works better.
 
Motorcycle showrooms are full of differently-styled bikes because, "one size does not fit all."

Enjoy your new ride.

And do stick around, maybe you'll help convince someone to add a Stateline to their fleet!
 
Can't say that I'm surprised mrhonda. You were pretty torn trying to convince yourself that the CB1100 was going to work out for you. Someone else will surely enjoy it more, and hopefully the Stateline works out great for you.

No need to leave this place just because you got rid of your CB.

All the best,
Guth
 
Hey, you gave it a shot. I started a thread about motorcycles we have been disappointed in because sometimes as much as we'd like to love a particular bike, sometimes we just don't. Sorry it didnt work out for you, and good luck with the new ride.
 
Sorry that it cost you $$$ in trade-in loss to find out that you wanted something different.
Have fun with the new ride.

I have a Honda Fury that I really like tooling around on. The Stateline seems to be 'de-chopped' version of the Fury.. great motor !

FWIW.. The classic cruiser 'feet forward' riding position totally killed my back until I finally got firm rigid back support *on the bike*, either a bolt on support, or rigid luggage mounted on the passenger seat for me to push my back onto. Without the back support, I couldn't ride 1/2 a day without getting back pain... With back support.. well it was a one month trip around the U.S. on the Shadow, happy as can be :-)
 
Enjoy your new ride, I am enjoying mine very much, tomorrow it will be a week, and I have just under 500 miles on her.
 
Interestingly enough I traded a Sabre (same family as the stateline) on my CB 1100. I trade bikes back and forth all the time. Last month I sold four and bought two.

Some one's sure to ask so I sold a R1100R BMW a R1200C BMW a Honda Magna and a Piaggio BV500. I bought a Triumph Thunderbird and a Vespa GTV300. About even money two for one. Reasons the BMW are too expensive to repair and while they are beautiful bikes I just didn't like them nearly as well as the others I own. The Piaggio was more of a motorcycle then a real scooter.
 
Not sure what to tell ya.
 
mrhonda1987_imp said:
I miss my 1100.
I felt the same thing after I sold off my 750 Nighthawk years ago. The CB1100 is me making up for that loss...

That said, there are so many bikes that I wish could have (if money and garage space were no object).. I try to remember some wise saying that I picked up from somewhere:

"you can't have all the pretty shells on the beach"

that's what I keep telling myself, anyway...

(EDIT: only Jay Leno gets to have all the pretty shells on the beach !!)
 
Don't bring him into this....
 
Thread starter
I do still like my Stateline. The seating position, like a big La-Z-boy is perfect. I don't know. Maybe I miss the garage art of having the CB out there. Also, as much as I like to wax romantic and dream about getting on the open highway, I never do. Honestly, the longest ride I ever take is maybe 50 miles one way. I just don't have time to toodle down the highway all the time. So for around town, the CB1100 was great. Maybe I'll find a nice old CB750 and do it up properly. My old 750 was a dream. I got more compliments on it than any other bike I've owned.
 
Back
Top