Puig Windscreen $44.95

gossman_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Puig 0869N Black Naked Universal Windshield for 8" Round Headlight

I bought this off of Amazon for the CB and installed it today. The packaging was rough, the instructions pretty poor, but it fits my CB and works perfect for the price. I wasn't looking for a full screen and I wanted something that would match the lines of the bike. Can't beat the price.
 
Is it somehow possible to remove the annoying "Puig" imprint on each side of the wind shield?
I am also thinking about mounting this wind shield, but especially in black tint the white/red brand imprint bothers me.
 
Wow this is a good price! Looks good too. I Just enter the name and number on Amazon pulls it right up. Wonder how many they have?
 
Thread starter
I have a '13 . There is no Puig imprint on the screen, completely black. Installs in 2 minutes including installing the brackets. 4mm allen wrench to install the mounting brackets, 6mm to loosen headlight bucket and slide the screen on. Place the foam pucks where the gages contact the windscreen and you're done. I suggest to use some tape or white out to mark the position of the headlight.

I'm 6'4", 53" chest so I have the aerodynamics of a door. I don't expect a little screen to keep off all the wind but I was pleasantly surprised. The screen directed the air flow up keeping the bugs off the body, greatly reduced buffeting. I wear a 3/4 Bell Mag 9 helmet with a shield, no head buffeting.

When I placed my order they were out, told me it would be 2 to 3 months, I received it in 2 weeks. Quality is all there, stainless hardware. I'm pleased with the price point and quality of fit. There is a gap around the beauty ring but doesn't bother me, some foam weatherstripping would fix that if desired.
 
That's an unbelievable deal. Nice Score! I'm really happy with the Dart I just bought, but man, that's a great price.
I just checked - only 1 left, for whoever's interested!
 
gossman_imp said:
this is how it looks, easy install and removal.
can you tell me about the install? There are two holes to mount the plate to the screen, and the third hole for a bolt that has no matching hole on the light housing.. Where does the last (3rd) bolt go?
 
gossman_imp said:
I have a '13 . There is no Puig imprint on the screen, completely black. Installs in 2 minutes including installing the brackets. 4mm allen wrench to install the mounting brackets, 6mm to loosen headlight bucket and slide the screen on. Place the foam pucks where the gages contact the windscreen and you're done. I suggest to use some tape or white out to mark the position of the headlight.

I'm 6'4", 53" chest so I have the aerodynamics of a door. I don't expect a little screen to keep off all the wind but I was pleasantly surprised. The screen directed the air flow up keeping the bugs off the body, greatly reduced buffeting. I wear a 3/4 Bell Mag 9 helmet with a shield, no head buffeting.

When I placed my order they were out, told me it would be 2 to 3 months, I received it in 2 weeks. Quality is all there, stainless hardware. I'm pleased with the price point and quality of fit. There is a gap around the beauty ring but doesn't bother me, some foam weatherstripping would fix that if desired.
That was enough to convince me. I share those dimensions, but opt for a full face helmet. Thanks for the heads-up.
 
Seems like this forum is made up of either giants or munchkins. :rofl:

Btw from my perspective giantism starts at about 6' tall, you make have a different perspective depending on your height lol

Munchkin here :hello:
 
The ferret_imp said:
Seems like this forum is made up of either giants or munchkins. :rofl:

Btw from my perspective giantism starts at about 6' tall, you make have a different perspective depending on your height lol

Munchkin here :hello:
Well, if "giantism" starts at 6', at what point does "munchkinism" start? There has to be a "normal" in there somewhere. :banana:
 
I would put average at about 5-9"-5'10". 2" above that starts giantism...2" below that starts munchkinism

Just my own standards lol. When you are 5'6", a 6' 2" person towers above you, when you're 6'2" you use a 5'6"ers head for a table to set your glass on.

Seriously when it comes to windshields and air management it might as well be that extreme.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I would put average at about 5-9"-5'10". 2" above that starts giantism...2" below that starts munchkinism

Just my own standards lol. When you are 5'6", a 6' 2" person towers above you, when you're 6'2" you use a 5'6"ers head for a table to set your glass on.

Seriously when it comes to windshields and air management it might as well be that extreme.
Sounds like 5'8" puts me in no-mans land.:huh:
 
You have it all wrong ferret, at 5'6" you and I are of normal height. All those taller are suffering from some kind of pituitary gland problem.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I would put average at about 5-9"-5'10". 2" above that starts giantism...2" below that starts munchkinism

Just my own standards lol. When you are 5'6", a 6' 2" person towers above you, when you're 6'2" you use a 5'6"ers head for a table to set your glass on.

Seriously when it comes to windshields and air management it might as well be that extreme.
Thank you for this chuckle.

Also, as someone who is of the taller variety, I'm VERY jealous of normal height guys who can drive little import cars. I love them & some are very fun to drive and cheap to have fun with, but I have to drive a land yacht instead. Actually, I drive a Nissan Rogue SL AWD, but it's still not as sporty as a Subaru BRZ or a Nissan GT-R, neither of which I fit into at all well.

Back to the matter at hand, my screen arrived yesterday and I test-fit it last night. Looks like a great fit & I'll be very happy with the screen.
That being said, I now feel the need to design/fashion a quick release mechanism on mine so that I can take it off easily when I don't feel like riding with a screen.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Seems like this forum is made up of either giants or munchkins. :rofl:

Btw from my perspective giantism starts at about 6' tall, you make have a different perspective depending on your height lol

Munchkin here :hello:
That's why you cheer for Pedrosa, isn't it :hello:
 
Partially ;) that and he was a great rider up until this year
 
Ctatyk_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I would put average at about 5-9"-5'10". 2" above that starts giantism...2" below that starts munchkinism

Just my own standards lol. When you are 5'6", a 6' 2" person towers above you, when you're 6'2" you use a 5'6"ers head for a table to set your glass on.

Seriously when it comes to windshields and air management it might as well be that extreme.
Thank you for this chuckle.

Also, as someone who is of the taller variety, I'm VERY jealous of normal height guys who can drive little import cars. I love them & some are very fun to drive and cheap to have fun with, but I have to drive a land yacht instead. Actually, I drive a Nissan Rogue SL AWD, but it's still not as sporty as a Subaru BRZ or a Nissan GT-R, neither of which I fit into at all well.

Back to the matter at hand, my screen arrived yesterday and I test-fit it last night. Looks like a great fit & I'll be very happy with the screen.
That being said, I now feel the need to design/fashion a quick release mechanism on mine so that I can take it off easily when I don't feel like riding with a screen.
I have a friend who is 6'5" and loves to drive his 1st gen Mazda Miata. He can only drive it with the top down and whenever I see him pull up, a giant driving a go kart comes to mind :D
 
Back
Top