Puig Plus install question

Rolls_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Just got my Puig Plus mini wind screen, model 4620H.

For those of you who've installed one, how did you mount Puig's metal bracket to the headlight?

Did you use the stock headlight screws and slip the windscreen's metal bracket in between the headlight bucket and the headlight mounting bracket or did you replace the headlight screws with the screws (and the little cylindrical spacers) supplied in the Puig's installation bag o screws?

Thanks in advance for any guidance from those who've done this already!

Rolls
 
I placed the Puig bracket on the outside of the headlight mounts, left the vinyl covering on the backside of the Puig bracket hoping it would help prevent marks on the headlight bracket.

Still got small marks on the headlight mounts so you may want to apply some protective tape on the headlight mounts first.

Then used the longer Puig supplied bolts with those long spacers between the bolt head and the Puig bracket. Not the prettiest solution but it works. If the look bothers you then you can get some shorter stainless bolts or something.

I would send you a photo but I replaced the Puig with a Road Comet fairing.

Aloha,
Huladog
 
Thread starter
That sounds simplest to me. If that worked for you, that's what I'll try after work tonight.

Thx!

CB4ME_imp said:
I slipped the windscreen's metal bracket in between the headlight bucket and the headlight mounting bracket.
That's what I hope to do next. I really like the looks of the Road Comet and the aluminum mini fairing, too. But this is my 1st foray into wind protection of any kind, so I thought I'd dip my foot in with the Puig and see how I like a little less wind on my midsection.

Thanks, huladog.

So great to have the experience of two guys who've already tried mounting the exact screen I'm using in each of the ways I was considering attaching it. This forum is awesome.

Huladog_imp said:
I placed the Puig bracket on the outside of the headlight mounts, left the vinyl covering on the backside of the Puig bracket hoping it would help prevent marks on the headlight bracket.

Still got small marks on the headlight mounts so you may want to apply some protective tape on the headlight mounts first.

Then used the longer Puig supplied bolts with those long spacers between the bolt head and the Puig bracket. Not the prettiest solution but it works. If the look bothers you then you can get some shorter stainless bolts or something.

I would send you a photo but I replaced the Puig with a Road Comet fairing.

Aloha,
Huladog
 
I just received my puig plus today. it does look very good, just the right size. i'll be on the highway tomorrow i'll let you know how it works. I slipped it between the headlight and the mounting bracket. it worked and looks good. I used the original headlight bolts.
 
ran the highway to work today. much more comfortable ride with the puig. just the right size, you will still need a face shield or full face helmet though. attached pictures
 
Mounted mine between the headlight and headlight mounts. Works fine there. Make sure you put the pads between the shield and instruments.
 
thessler3_imp said:
Mounted mine between the headlight and headlight mounts. Works fine there. Make sure you put the pads between the shield and instruments.
Same here. I would suggest to put a mark so that the headlight remains properly adjusted
 
gossman,

That is a good idea. I wish I had done that when I mounted mine. If you notice, there are base lines on the shell and mounting bracket for reference (as per the manual).
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
gossman,

That is a good idea. I wish I had done that when I mounted mine. If you notice, there are base lines on the shell and mounting bracket for reference (as per the manual).
Guess I should read the manual :thanks:
 
To clarify, that's the service manual.. ;)

Might be in the owners man. too, but I didn't look...
 
Back
Top