Probably the dumbest question ever...

PowerDubs_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I haven't been on the bike in over 2 years since my accident.

Spent the last few months slowly putting it back together.

Put a new battery in it today and started it up.

Been so long- I forget-

What is the normal RPM when you first start it cold?

What should it be once warm?
 
It depends how cold it is, average 1200-1500 rpm, this is what I see in my climate region , warmed up, mine is 1000. , some others 1100 rpm. I use synthetic 10W40, Motul.
 
Just checked mine. 2014 standard. I rode it Friday. it's in the garage--about 65 degrees. It started at 1400 rpm then dropped to 1200 rpm after about a minute. I let it idle for about another two minutes then shut it off. It stayed at 1200.
 
My 2013 CB revs cold at 1.500rpm for a while and than depending on the season and climate works its way slowly down to 1.050-1.100rpm when warmed up enough for a normal idle.
 
Thread starter
Bazbro_imp said:
Great that you're getting back to riding the CB, Dubs. :clap:



Not yet. But purchased insurance yesterday.

I am still unsure how I feel about it. I find myself being the 'watch out' 'slow down' 'be careful' guy now when riding passenger in my wife's car...I think everything is going to be another crash.
 
Understandable PD. PTSD is a natural condition to overcome.

Do your best, and above all: Enjoy the journey back to riding. If a certain day is "not the day for riding", then so be it. In that case just go and be with the machine and gawk at it. Sometimes that can fill the gap.
 
You'll get there, Dubs. Many years ago, I entered a decreasing radius turn too fast. I put in the wrong combination of lean and braking, lost traction, and ended up sliding off the road and tumbling down the other side of the embankment. It took me two years before I was able to ride again, and then another year of riding before I really felt confident again. Hang in there, and take it slow.
 
Back
Top