Pro Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish?

HikerToo_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I read positive reviews on this polish and my sales guy also recommended, so I used it on a few CB1100 areas, gas tank, side covers, fenders, etc. Seems to do a good job, I was wondering if anyone else uses this or if you think it's safe to use on the stainlees exhaust, if not what is?

Thanks
Pardon Our Interruption
 
I've been using this stuff for a year plus now. I use it on my car and bikes and love it. For windshield though, I use something else as this stuff leaves a film that you'd have to work harder to get rid off. I get this at my local Honda dealer for $5.35/can.
 
ron1100_imp said:
I've been using this stuff for a year plus now. I use it on my car and bikes and love it. For windshield though, I use something else as this stuff leaves a film that you'd have to work harder to get rid off. I get this at my local Honda dealer for $5.35/can.
Been using for years on everything. Great!
 
Read this thread, toward the bottom. It discusses this stuff, why it leaves a film, and suggests a brand that makes the Honda stuff.

Edit as I forgot to add the link. Honda Anodized Meter Cover - BEWARE!!!!!
 
Original Bike Spirits stuff is widely distributed, you should be able to get it/order it from a local auto parts store for $6-$7 a can; the shipping charges from some of those Amazon sellers really undo the great value of the product.
 
Does anybody know if a Honda car dealer carries this stuff? I have looked all over the place locally and cant find it. The shipping charges are just too high on Amazon and other places and I am a cheapskate.
 
I stopped by the local Honda car dealer this morning and believe it or not they had some of the spray cleaner and polish. Part number is 8700-9203 in case somebody needs this for future reference. The best part that it was 5.73 for the big can. (12 or 14 oz.)
 
A good brand of car wash and carnuba wax have worked for me for years. The spray cleaners are good if you need to get bugs and light grime off on a road trip, but for home maintenance you can't beat soap, water, and wax..
 
OldF7Guy_imp said:
I stopped by the local Honda car dealer this morning and believe it or not they had some of the spray cleaner and polish. Part number is 8700-9203 in case somebody needs this for future reference. The best part that it was 5.73 for the big can. (12 or 14 oz.)
That's good stuff and use it on both car and bikes (also get it at that price from local Honda bike dealer). I don't like to use this on the windshield as the residue it leaves requires a lot of wiping to remove. I use soap/water solution for the windshield.
 
I was recommended the Honda Cleaner & Polish by the service guy that spiffs up the bikes before they go to the customer after a sale. This was back in 1991 when I bought a brand spanking new VFR750 off the showroom floor. I've been using it ever since. Love it. I'm sure lots of other stuff works great, too. But, I have never been disappointed with the Honda cleaner, so why change?
 
Back
Top