Price for new 2014 dlx

Tony_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
Hi guys,

New member here, question for experienced bikers.

How much would you pay for a 2014 cb1100 dlx with only 500 that looks like new if buying from a private seller, not from a dealer?

Thanks!
 
Welcome Tony. I'm sure you'll be provided with plenty of good advice soon.

What's the seller want for it? Or are you preparing to go searching?
 
Welcome Tony! Good luck in your search.
 
i have been searching for a CB 1100 for a while now and the 14's have started to come in on CG with 3-5K miles on them for half the price of the new ones.
any reason why the prices have dropped so much in less than 4 years?
 
Most bikes depreciate rapidly and never recover. The CB is no exception. Recognize that new leftover '14's can still be ordered from your local Honda dealer, so that should give you an idea of the tepid demand for the bike. I'm stunned to still see new leftover '14 Interceptor Deluxes at my dealer for $7995, out the door. That's a steal.

I'm also seeing low mileage K1600GT's (MSRP $28k+) on Craig's and eBay for $12-$14k. That's huge.
 
Just a tough time in the motorcycle market. Few bikes (any?) are holding their values. Like LR said left overs are selling cheap. VFR's, VTX's CTX's. Heck you can look in the local trade paper and there are 10 pages of Harley's for sale. 1 page each of Honda's & 1/2 page each of Yamaha's, Suzuki's and Kawasaki's. You used to have to wait in line for months to get a new Harley, now the Motor Co is offering rebates. With the internet, dealers are not only cross shopped locally but nationally.Those that discount heavily can move inventory. Those that hold out for top dollar may end up eating inventory. I certainly wouldn't buy any bike for an investment.
 
Thread starter
Thank you guys for all your responses. I saw it on CL, seller is asking $12,000 which of course is way overpriced. Before contacting him I wanted to see what other members thought would a fair price. Bike is spotless.

On a side note, do you know if Honda has any plans to sell the RS in the US at some point? I really like the look of that bike.
 
Tony_imp said:
Thank you guys for all your responses. I saw it on CL, seller is asking $12,000 which of course is way overpriced. Before contacting him I wanted to see what other members thought would a fair price. Bike is spotless.

On a side note, do you know if Honda has any plans to sell the RS in the US at some point? I really like the look of that bike.
Not so far as anyone knows, Tony.
 
^^ Not for my CB it isn't! :P
 
I would pause and consider selling my DLX for that price, but it would probably stay in the garage.




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
 
I paid 6500 for my 2014 standard model with 940 miles on it in KC, MO from Triumph/BMW dealer who had it on trade-in from original owner. $100 transfer fees, so it was 6600 out the door. It was mostly stock except a luggage rack combination padded sissy bar of about 14 inches (removed), and it still has the Moto engine guard. In this area, it was difficult to find, because no Honda dealers had new or used in stock, and I was preparing to go to MI to a large dealer there who sells new a number of bikes that are several years old for discounted price. In this case, it would have been 7200 for the base model, 2014 CB 1100. I believe they buy left over model year assemblies from the manufacturers, assemble the bike in their shop, and title it, nothing else. So, no registration, transfer papers, just a title, and you can hope their technicians knew what they were doing in assembly. I'm not sure, but I think that is how it's done. Anyway, I think what I paid for this one used is within 5-8 Cs of what anyone should expect to pay, used or new. Obviously, the motorcyle is not popular in the US, but that is to be expected, because true to the mission of replicating and improving on the old K and F models, it is still a utilitarian work horse, not a beauty queen, or chic magnet, or freeway wheelie machine, nor american icon, and most people in US are not interested in a motorcycle that is just useful. What's the fun in that?
 
I know it's apples to oranges, but this is what we're up against in selling these bikes. I am considering selling or trading my CB, and Cross Country in Metcuhen, NJ is my dealership of choice. Honda, Triumph, BMW, Ducati, Kawasaki...just about every bike I'd be interested in. I figured I'd take off the accessories and aftermarket stuff and see what I can do on a trade in. Lo and behold, the same exact bike, with the same mileage, is already on their floor...and check out their retail asking price. Bummer:

https://www.cycletrader.com/dealers...s-2976602/listing/2013-Honda-CB1100-121937439
 
I wouldn't be terribly concerned about the competency required to "assemble a new bike." In the CB's case, I believe it consists of installing the mirrors, removing the plastic from the seat, charging and connecting the battery and filling the bike with gas.

Capo, that price seems about right for a dealer bike. Agreed, it makes a private sale for a similar bike, at a similar price, very difficult. These bikes will continue to depreciate. I think $4999 will seem high in a year from now.
 
Capo_imp said:
I know it's apples to oranges, but this is what we're up against in selling these bikes. I am considering selling or trading my CB, and Cross Country in Metcuhen, NJ is my dealership of choice. Honda, Triumph, BMW, Ducati, Kawasaki...just about every bike I'd be interested in. I figured I'd take off the accessories and aftermarket stuff and see what I can do on a trade in. Lo and behold, the same exact bike, with the same mileage, is already on their floor...and check out their retail asking price. Bummer:

https://www.cycletrader.com/dealers...s-2976602/listing/2013-Honda-CB1100-121937439
But don't forget that dealer may have a bunch of hidden charges -- usually a "dealer fee" of up to perhaps $500 or more. Since it's used, there is probably no setup fee or destination (delivery) fee, but the "out the door" price (not counting sales tax) is likely to be somewhat (substantially?) higher.

But all in all, still not a bad price. Doesn't help you with resale or trade-in, though...
 
Back
Top