superjim_imp
First service completed
Thread starter
What would be a fair purchase price for a 2014 CB1100 with a Yosh RSCV exhaust; one owner ultra clean with LESS than 1,000 miles?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I'm thinking If I can get it for $5,500 that would be a pretty good deal given it's only got 865 miles and has a new $1,150 exhaust installed. I thinking it may be worth on the higher side of $6,000 but that's why I want to get an opinion from you guys, the experts.SportsterDoc_imp said:This was mine
RideNow Rancho: Motorcycle & Powersports Dealer in Las Vegas
I sold it for $5K back to the dealer, a month after eye issues, circa early Sep.
It was first listed for $6,995, then $6,495, now $5,995 and it is VERY clean, albeit 12,500 miles in 10 months with almost new scrambler tires.
For what you described, I would expect between $5K and maybe $6K.
That seems very reasonable, but I am NOT a pricing expert and did not purchase my 2014 a year ago at as good a price as many on this forum.superjim_imp said:I'm thinking If I can get it for $5,500 that would be a pretty good deal given it's only got 865 miles and has a new $1,150 exhaust installed. I thinking it may be worth on the higher side of $6,000 but that's why I want to get an opinion from you guys, the experts.SportsterDoc_imp said:This was mine
RideNow Rancho: Motorcycle & Powersports Dealer in Las Vegas
I sold it for $5K back to the dealer, a month after eye issues, circa early Sep.
It was first listed for $6,995, then $6,495, now $5,995 and it is VERY clean, albeit 12,500 miles in 10 months with almost new scrambler tires.
For what you described, I would expect between $5K and maybe $6K.
Very true, I prefer buying used bikes as unmolested as possible.LongRanger_imp said:The aftermarket exhaust doesn't necessarily increase the value of the bike unless it's something of value to you. Typically, a stock bike is worth more than one that has been customized.
The entire motorcycle industry is in a slump.You can buy anything you want cheap if you look around and real cheap if you are willing to buy used. Not enough young folk making up for us aging out geezers. So we geezers can pick up some real bargains.GoldOxide_imp said:I detect that the '13/'14 CBs don't hold their $$ value as well as originally expected, yet, everyone in the industry says "keep the bike". Of course, and so it appears a used CB can be had at good value. Is the CB an under-appreciated bike, or the industry is really in a slump?
Maybe put in other words: Honda cars hold their used value better.
LongRanger_imp said:The aftermarket exhaust doesn't necessarily increase the value of the bike unless it's something of value to you. Typically, a stock bike is worth more than one that has been customized.
Very true, I prefer buying used bikes as unmolested as possible.SportsterDoc_imp said:Very true, I prefer buying used bikes as unmolested as possible.LongRanger_imp said:The aftermarket exhaust doesn't necessarily increase the value of the bike unless it's something of value to you. Typically, a stock bike is worth more than one that has been customized.
^^^ +1, unmolested as possible is very well saidThe ferret_imp said:Me too Doc.
Looking at your list DBM, you got a lot for your money. Congrats and enjoy!DBM_imp said:My new leftover 2014 black beauty was $5,999.00. I got the last one in Florida. Life is all about timing with a little luck. OTD drive away price with all new fluids, battery, helmet, and 5 year Honda unlimited mileage transferrable warranty was 8K. Happy
HD not cheap? How much cheaper can you get than a dime a dozen? :rofl:Nightengale_imp said:Harley's are a dime a dozen here, tons and tons of them for sale. But not particularly cheap or in my mind, "good deals" to be had. No, I don't want one. Just wonder why there are so MANY on the market. The CB1100 however, is a seriously underappreciated machine. Unlike the other air-cooled motors, this modernized bike is a real gem with great engineering and attention to detail. But it doesn't have the appeal of other designs, which is all in the eye of the beholder.
My '14 Standard has depreciated since I traded for it, but not in my eyes. I could care less about having the latest road machine when this one does it all and has a cool nostalgic factor too that will never go away. Recently installed SW-Motech pannier racks and picked up a set of Mosko Moto Backcountry panniers and duffel. Should be good to go. And I've got a Garmin 595LM enroute to me which I'm looking forward to. These add-ons will make the bike a great tourer for paved surfaces. It gets appreciative looks and comments from people wherever it's parked.
I think motorcyclist are fickle, but just like car owners, it's beholden to what you "think" is right for you. They all work, but if they don't have the whiz-bang newfangle doodad that turns your crank a bit faster, then it's not deemed as desirable or valuable. The cool thing about the CB1100 is they did almost everything right on the bike (hydraulic valves would've been nice). You can dress it up, deck it out, increase HP, make is sound cool for not much money, but it doesn't "need" anything either.
I've toyed several times with getting something else, but seriously, I go take another ride or just another look at the CB1100 in the garage and think, "I'd be nuts to sell this" because it pushes all the right buttons (for me). I've done a few other mods not mentioned and it's seriously "just right" now. The only thing I wish for now is the ice to disappear so I can go riding again.