Previous motorcycles

hondahoarder_imp said:
Mostly metrics over the years, a few Harley's and now Deb and I are stuck on collecting and bringing back to life old Honda's these days, so currently we have;

Two 1978 CX500 both Red and Black versions, Museum quaility 1981 Honda CX500, 1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing (for sale), 1977 Honda CB750K, 1981 Honda CB750K, 1982 Honda CB750K and now a lovely new 2013 CB1100



[url=http://s413.photobucket.com/user/Mstarvideo/media/Our%20Vintage%20Bike%20Collection/1010961_10152234519186515_359509331_n_zps13eeb756.jpg.html]

Now, *that* is a garage !
Nice Honda collection indeed.
The CX line is another engine configuation that I wish they'd resurrect.
 
My first bike was a 1962 Lambretta 125 Scooter.

My next bike was a 1965 Honda Ca77 Dream 305.

Then I got this little beauty, the bike was pretty nice too.


Then I took 45 years off from cycling and jumped back in with CB11.
 
most of the bikes I have had have been dirt bikes. I grew up riding in the woods and started racing motocross while in high school. I didn't have a bike from 1987 to 2002 when I went motocrossing again. Sold the last of the MX bikes in 2007. The this spring the CB.
Motorcycles I have owned:
Honda 70's x 2 (70s) models
Kawasaki 90
Honda TL 125 (trails bike that I rode like a motocross bike)
Yamaha MX 175
Yamaha IT 175
Kawasaki KDX 250
Yamaha YZ 125 (1979)
Kawasaki KX 125 (1983)
Honda CR 250 (1983)
Kawasaki KX 250 (1985)
Honda Enduro 250. No idea what year.

HONDA CB400 Super Sport. Not sure what year.

Yamaha YZ 250 (2002). two stroke
Honda CRF 450 R (2004)

Honda CB 1100 2013.
 
2013 Harley Davidson Road King
2012 Harley Davidson Road King (65,000 miles)2 sets of wheel bearings
2010 Vespa 300 Super
2009 Stella 150
2008 Honda Goldwing ( 200,000 miles ) 3 transmissions under warranty
2005 Honda VTX 1800 ( 120,000 )
2002 Honda Goldwing
2001 Harley Davidson Roadking
2001 Suzuki GSXR 1000
1999 Harley Davisdson Electraglide
1998 Suzuki Katana 750
1997 Harley Davidson Roadking
1993 Harley Davidson FXR
1990 Yamaha Viragio 700
1991 Honda CBR 1000F
1984 Suzuki GPZ 1100
1984 Honda V65 Magna
1983 Kawasaki KZ 1000 ( Totaled )
1980 Kawasaki 450 LTD
1978 Vespa 200
1978 Suzuki RM 80
1971 Vespa VBB 200cc


That is all that I can remember :)

I have to EDIT this post: I don't know how I forgot my 1983 Kawasaki KZ 1000
It is the only bike that I ever totaled and I had to get a bone graft from my hip bone to my wrist !
also I had a 1984 Honda V65 IN MAROON.
 
Thread starter
Wow Skeeter, that's quite an eclectic collection, everything from Vespas to Hogs. I like that, shows an open mind.
 
A perhaps incomplete list:

'68 Suzuki AC90
'70 Kawasaki G-3 90 (used off-road!)
'71 Honda SL125
'74 Suzuki TM125
'72 Puch 125 MX
'71 Maico 501 (beast - mostly unrideable)
'76 Honda CJ360T (first street ride)
'73 Kawasaki Mach I
'80 Yamaha XS650 Special II
'78 Triumph Bonneville 750
-ten year break-
'74 BMW R60/6 (owned twice)
'80 Yamaha SR250T
'96 Ducati M900 Monster
'84 Honda XR200
'00 KTM 250EXC
'98 Honda XR400
'01 Honda XR50
'98 Honda XR100
'01 Kawasaki KLX300
'03 Yamaha YZ250F
'03 Yamaha TTR125L
'03 Kawasaki KX100
'01 Honda CRF450
'98 Kawasaki KDX200
'71 Norton Commando 750
'98 Yamaha YZ400F
'01 Kawasaki KE100
'03 Yamaha Vino 50
'78 Kawasaki KZ400*
'08 JCL 150 scooter*
'13 Honda CB1100*

*currently owned
 
Thanks Ferret...
Like your signature says "All motorcycles are cool...some are just cooler than others!"


:)
I will not be happy till I can make an addition.....

2013 OR 2014 Honda CB 1100 !


:shy:
 
In 1971, my brother and I each pitched in $20 of berry picking money, and Dad matched with $40 more and we bought a Briggs Powered mini-bike that looked like a little chopper. No suspension on the long front forks and only a seat spring on the rear. But with On Any Sunday coming out not long after, we didn't let the lack of suspension keep us from shaking our guts out on the trails.

Over the next 40+ years, here's the list that followed in order of purchase:

1971 Yamaha 60 Mini Enduro
1972 Yamaha 125 Enduro
1976 Yamaha YZ125 Monoshock
1982 Honda FT500 Ascot
1985 Honda VT500 Interceptor (which saw 3 years of racing at PIR)
2002 Honda 750 Shadow Spirit
2000 Honda 250 Rebel (for the wife)
1997 Honda VLX600 (for the wife)
2002 Honda VT1100 Sabre (after the wife decided she'd rather ride on the seat behind me)
1994 Honda CR125
1992 Kawasaki KDX200
2005 Honda CRF150
1980 Suzuki RM125 (when I had a notion to try vintage racing)
1999 Yahaha PW50 (a too early thought for grandkids, sold it a few months later)

Still in the Stable

2006&2007 Kawasaki KLX110s (for play riding with my brothers, nephews and neices)
2009 KLX250S (love it)
2013 CB1100 (maybe my favorite bike of all after the Mini-Enduro)

My dad loaned me the $$ to buy the Mini-Enduro in 1972 and would not even let me test ride it until after I had saved up and repaid 1/2 the cost to him. The key was locked away. I put over a mile on that bike just coasting it down the driveway and pushing it back up to the top again! Taught me a great lesson about paying for things. It was only in recent years that Mom and Dad openly discussed how close they had come to relenting early. I am glad they didn't.

I have a recent [/b]picture that I will post later of me and my two brothers posing with that Mini-Enduro which is still in the family 40+ years later.
 
Thread starter
I just love the lists of bikes some of you guys have owned. What it tells me is that you are true motorcycle enthusiasts!
 
Thread starter
GUNFTR_imp said:
Mini Enduro 40+ years later:
Those kids look like they could break an anvil
 
2001 Suzuki GS500 with a 1998 tank. Was my first bike. Perfect for me. Let me know I loved riding as much as I thought I would. Dropped it a few times and couldn't even tell if I put in new scratches or not. Would have liked to hold onto it but I'm not much of a mechanic. Sold it to a college student in town. Actually saw it today. Bit more dinged up and now has lower handlebars. Looked good.
 
2000 Suzuki SV650 (My first bike! I started late at 26...lol)

2002 Suzuki DRZ350

2004 Yamaha R6

2005 Honda VTX1800F

2006 Suzuki GSX-R750

2007 H-D Dyna Super Glide (Bought as an investment. Buddy was hurting financially and sold it to me really cheap. It was 9.5/10 mechanically, and 9.8/10 cosmetically. He took very good care of it and clocked less than 18,000 miles. I really didn't want to buy an H-D, but I grew to appreciate the appeal an H-D has. I'm actually considering purchasing a Street Glide now Love the classic look of the bike. Well, maybe in the not so distant future. Maybe a 2015 model. Anyway, I had the Dyna less than a month and sold it for a HEALTHY profit. And guess what I bought with the money???)

The CB! She is a keeper!!!!!
 
67 Honda 50
'66 Honda 305 Scrambler
'69 Honda 450 Scrambler
'73 Honda 750 CB
'74 Honda 450 CB
'75 Honda 360T
'85 Honda 650 Nighthawk
'87 honda 150 Elite
'92 Honda 250 Nighthawk
'95 Honda 750 Nighthawk
'03 Honda 750 Nighthawk
'91 Honda 250 Nighthawk
'03 Honda 750 Nighthawk
'72 Honda 450 Scrambler
'03 Triumph Bonneville
'06 Triumph Bonneville T100
'03 Honda 750 Nighthawk
'13 Honda CB1100
Loved them all. Each one was a dream bike at that particular time in my life.
 
Thread starter
And Soichiro says Thank you lol

Nice collection of old Hondas you've had Mike
 
Back
Top