Prepping for the Unlikely: Problems on the Road (AAA) & Theft (Tile)

rdprdp01

Administrator
Thread starter
I have read all of the Threads about tool kits for the CB1100 EX and how they vary from one country to another. I have also noted that many of the most prolific posters and moderators on the Forum find those Tool Kits useless and the Tool Kit Threads to be tedious at best. Only Threads about what type of oil to use has earned more scorn!

I laughed loudly at myself as I read the last scathing post while I assembled my complete Honda OEM Tool Kit, circa 2025 :)

4e628a13e9b1bec1ac35d128b494cf82.jpeg


6569e2c6fcbdd27f71b00a44a90ead4d.jpeg


I do not know if the addition of a flashlight offsets any of the monitory waste and poor judgement I demonstrated in prepping for the incredibly unlikely event that I may need to tighten a screw, replace a bulb, adjust a shock, remove a spark plug, or any of the other tasks mentioned in the Owner’s Manual. Note that I have not completed one repair on the road in my 45 years of riding. :)

In an attempt to earn back so credibility, I offer the following. Perhaps it may be impactful for a few members of the Forum other than me.

The American Automobile Association (AAA) is a federation of motoring clubs operating in North America, serving 61 million car and motorcycle owners. If me and my motorcycle found ourselves with a flat tire, no gas, or unable to move forward, a call to AAA will result in a tow truck being dispatched or a roadside gas delivery or other services to get me and my CB1100 back on the road. See coverage details below:

Towing: Can’t get your bike to start after stopping to enjoy a scenic view? AAA can meet you at your breakdown location and tow you to safety.

Fuel: If your tank runs dry, don’t sweat it. An Emergency Road Service technician will deliver enough fuel to get you to the next gas station.

Extrication services: Caught in a tough spot? AAA will retrieve your motorcycle if it gets stuck in the mud, sand, snow, or a ditch.

Flat Tire: If you have a flat tire, a technician can come straight to you to fill it up.

Locksmith services: If you lose or break your key and need to call a locksmith, AAA will reimburse you for the cost.

Trailer assistance: Even if you tow your motorcycle with your vehicle, you’re still covered. Flat tire service, towing, extrication, and locksmith reimbursement are available for your trailer too.

AAA Motorcycle Roadside Assistance | Request Assistance 24/7

For me, an AAA membership is a pragmatic, affordable insurance policy for my motorcycle, car, and truck. Honda motorcycles may be engineering marvels but unexpected stuff does happen on the road.

I recognize the likelihood of a scoundrel stealing my CB1100 is also improbable. Motorcycle thieves tend to focus on other motorcycle models. What is incredibly likely is that I will forget where I parked my motorcycle because I am a knucklehead.

To address both scenarios, I use the Tile Tracking System. This system relies on a Bluetooth enabled tracker that transmits GPS information. Using my iPhone, I can track the location of my motorcycle and a mapping program to lead me to it. I place the Tile Tracker in the storage compartment designated for the useless Tool Kit.

129336a30f5b2f04f51a98fd09cc2ca2.jpeg


bb75d9687e93ca3b79f67d3106ccd3b0.jpeg


c45dcb75716c31a36a0d671843c9b3de.jpeg


With a quick check of my phone, I can locate the motorcycle and track its movements.

cfc7dd3be4c6bcb4936927a89b255b19.jpeg


81c4812c25e24e747b36d7f1625ee5ab.png


Life360 | Family-Proof Your Family | Location Sharing & Safety App

I hope everyone has a great weekend and spends some quality time on a CB1100.
 
I never go anywhere on the bike without my useless Honda toolkit. Once or twice it has come in handy.
 
I wish I had the oem tool kit.

I have the tool kit from cyclegear that goes on the bike for long trips.

Also I would suggest swapping out the handheld flashlight for a headlamp. You can get pretty small ones. I prefer rechargeable lights so I can just top them off every so often and know they're 90%+ whenever I may need them. If you're having to do anything with the bike at night you're gonna need both hands.

I also have AAA for the motorcycle. Think it was $40 for the year. Really would just call them if I needed a tow to the nearest shop on a trip far from home where a buddy can't get me with a pickup truck.

I would also advise hiding the tile in deeper places. I know that the sort of people that deal in stolen bikes for a living know to look for GPS locators and the obvious/easy access places are the first place they look. I even know guys that will glue one of those to the rim inside the tire.

I have actually been wanting to get a pack of Tile trackers for my bike and car also though since I have android I can't use the more popular Apple branded airtags.

Just looked at tiles website and the new ones they make have a button for a discreet SOS signal. Definitely getting that for some loved one.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
53167adf9c97281ba05f38bb3df61ba7.jpg
 
Thread starter
mvk24_imp said:
I wish I had the oem tool kit.

I have the tool kit from cyclegear that goes on the bike for long trips.

Also I would suggest swapping out the handheld flashlight for a headlamp. You can get pretty small ones. I prefer rechargeable lights so I can just top them off every so often and know they're 90%+ whenever I may need them. If you're having to do anything with the bike at night you're gonna need both hands.

I also have AAA for the motorcycle. Think it was $40 for the year. Really would just call them if I needed a tow to the nearest shop on a trip far from home where a buddy can't get me with a pickup truck.

I would also advise hiding the tile in deeper places. I know that the sort of people that deal in stolen bikes for a living know to look for GPS locators and the obvious/easy access places are the first place they look. I even know guys that will glue one of those to the rim inside the tire.

I have actually been wanting to get a pack of Tile trackers for my bike and car also though since I have android I can't use the more popular Apple branded airtags.

Just looked at tiles website and the new ones they make have a button for a discreet SOS signal. Definitely getting that for some loved one.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
53167adf9c97281ba05f38bb3df61ba7.jpg
All great suggestions, which I will embrace. Thanks for the input!

My motorcycle had neither the toolkit or manual when I acquired it. I sourced the User Manual from eBay. I ordered all of the tools from Partzilla. They were a little pricey but not outrageous. Here is a link for your reference:

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/motorcycle/2017/cb1100ca-ac-cb100ca/tool

The tools are small and compact but are high-quality tools. I believe they compare favorably to the Dewalt and Snap-On tools I have in my collection. Not as good but good enough for standing on the side of the road or a parking lot. As important, they fit nicely in the bags and spaces which Honda set aside for them.

I did add a couple of lint-free towels to the manual holder and tool holder to keep things from shifting around and also to have in case I needed to wipe something down or clean a headlight. Water and oil from the road can sometimes dirty a light. I find the headlight on a 2017 CB1100 EX to be adequate but not particularly bright. Hence, I want to make sure it is always clean:

8c52fda631b016bc701a8787a129c4b4.jpeg


f6ce60b36c15b69aaf962521832948d2.jpeg


5787f4a9ae0c647af63d4d484c5f69f7.jpeg


Although I use an Apple iPhone, I picked the Tile Tags over the Apple AirTags because I think they are better in every way possible:

Longer battery life
Various sizes with a nice profile
Can be attached with clips or zip ties

The Tile Application is also very stable, like its Apple equivalent. The network the Tile Tags leverages is not as large as the Apple, but it is large enough in all the areas where I ride, which includes scenic trips away from large metropolitan areas. I have never encountered an incident where a Tile Tracker I had attached to a key chain, backpack, keys, vehicle, etc. did not accurately report a current location. When a battery needs to be replaced, it alerts me in advance of it going dark. I can also set alerts which ring on my phone if I leave something behind. For example, I have a tile tracker in my wallet which alerts me to when I leave my house without my wallet.

I was not aware of the new SOS signaling caabpability, but it makes me like the Tile Tracker even more. Have a great day, everyone. Thanks again, MVK24. David
 
Rdprdp01_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
I wish I had the oem tool kit.

I have the tool kit from cyclegear that goes on the bike for long trips.

Also I would suggest swapping out the handheld flashlight for a headlamp. You can get pretty small ones. I prefer rechargeable lights so I can just top them off every so often and know they're 90%+ whenever I may need them. If you're having to do anything with the bike at night you're gonna need both hands.

I also have AAA for the motorcycle. Think it was $40 for the year. Really would just call them if I needed a tow to the nearest shop on a trip far from home where a buddy can't get me with a pickup truck.

I would also advise hiding the tile in deeper places. I know that the sort of people that deal in stolen bikes for a living know to look for GPS locators and the obvious/easy access places are the first place they look. I even know guys that will glue one of those to the rim inside the tire.

I have actually been wanting to get a pack of Tile trackers for my bike and car also though since I have android I can't use the more popular Apple branded airtags.

Just looked at tiles website and the new ones they make have a button for a discreet SOS signal. Definitely getting that for some loved one.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
53167adf9c97281ba05f38bb3df61ba7.jpg
All great suggestions, which I will embrace. Thanks for the input!

My motorcycle had neither the toolkit or manual when I acquired it. I sourced the User Manual from eBay. I ordered all of the tools from Partzilla. They were a little pricey but not outrageous. Here is a link for your reference:

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/motorcycle/2017/cb1100ca-ac-cb100ca/tool

The tools are small and compact but are high-quality tools. I believe they compare favorably to the Dewalt and Snap-On tools I have in my collection. Not as good but good enough for standing on the side of the road or a parking lot. As important, they fit nicely in the bags and spaces which Honda set aside for them.

I did add a couple of lint-free towels to the manual holder and tool holder to keep things from shifting around and also to have in case I needed to wipe something down or clean a headlight. Water and oil from the road can sometimes dirty a light. I find the headlight on a 2017 CB1100 EX to be adequate but not particularly bright. Hence, I want to make sure it is always clean:

8c52fda631b016bc701a8787a129c4b4.jpeg


f6ce60b36c15b69aaf962521832948d2.jpeg


5787f4a9ae0c647af63d4d484c5f69f7.jpeg


Although I use an Apple iPhone, I picked the Tile Tags over the Apple AirTags because I think they are better in every way possible:

Longer battery life
Various sizes with a nice profile
Can be attached with clips or zip ties

The Tile Application is also very stable, like its Apple equivalent. The network the Tile Tags leverages is not as large as the Apple, but it is large enough in all the areas where I ride, which includes scenic trips away from large metropolitan areas. I have never encountered an incident where a Tile Tracker I had attached to a key chain, backpack, keys, vehicle, etc. did not accurately report a current location. When a battery needs to be replaced, it alerts me in advance of it going dark. I can also set alerts which ring on my phone if I leave something behind. For example, I have a tile tracker in my wallet which alerts me to when I leave my house without my wallet.

I was not aware of the new SOS signaling caabpability, but it makes me like the Tile Tracker even more. Have a great day, everyone. Thanks again, MVK24. David
All great suggestions, which I will embrace. Thanks for the input!

My motorcycle had neither the toolkit or manual when I acquired it. I sourced the User Manual from eBay. I ordered all of the tools from Partzilla. They were a little pricey but not outrageous. Here is a link for your reference:

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/motorcycle/2017/cb1100ca-ac-cb100ca/tool

The tools are small and compact but are high-quality tools. I believe they compare favorably to the Dewalt and Snap-On tools I have in my collection. Not as good but good enough for standing on the side of the road or a parking lot. As important, they fit nicely in the bags and spaces which Honda set aside for them.

I did add a couple of lint-free towels to the manual holder and tool holder to keep things from shifting around and also to have in case I needed to wipe something down or clean a headlight. Water and oil from the road can sometimes dirty a light. I find the headlight on a 2017 CB1100 EX to be adequate but not particularly bright. Hence, I want to make sure it is always clean:

e48d6e1b4c39a9b7411cc4e0b4d39a31.jpeg


bdecae29428435b1217717e8dea1d349.jpeg


12dd938aa6a37b425521ed765e051b18.jpeg


Although I use an Apple iPhone, I picked the Tile Tags over the Apple AirTags because I think they are better in every way possible:

Longer battery life
Various sizes with a nice profile
Can be attached with clips or zip ties

The Tile Application is also very stable, like its Apple equivalent. The network the Tile Tags leverages is not as large as the Apple, but it is large enough in all the areas where I ride, which includes scenic trips away from large metropolitan areas. I have never encountered an incident where a Tile Tracker I had attached to a key chain, backpack, keys, vehicle, etc. did not accurately report a current location. When a battery needs to be replaced, it alerts me in advance of it going dark. I can also set alerts which ring on my phone if I leave something behind. For example, I have a tile tracker in my wallet which alerts me to when I leave my house without my wallet.

I was not aware of the new SOS signaling caabpability, but it makes me like the Tile Tracker even more. Have a great day, everyone. Thanks again, MVK24. David Thank you for the link, the cycle gear tool kit was around $50 I believe and has alot more stuff making it good for other bikes also but its not compact. Its like a tool roll from 10 inches wide by 5 inches high when rolled up.

For $70 I think I will order the oem kit to live in the bike full time. I just gotta check under my Corbin seat and see if they also included a spot for stuff like the factory seat did.

Thank you for the info on the tiles I think I'm gonna order a 4 pack under their sale tab

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
I can't remember the last time I used a proper motorcycle toolkit? My Triumph Daytona 660 comes with one Allen Key with a Phillips style screwdriver head the other end. This is the entirety of the kit, but with that one $0.30c tool you can remove the seat, remove the battery or tighten its terminals. You can remove the entire fairing and indicators, less than 10 minutes per side, remove any subframe plastics, remove the whole tail structure complete with its taillights and indicators. I take my hat off to Triumph thinking ahead on that one.

 
Thread starter
Tev62_imp said:
I can't remember the last time I used a proper motorcycle toolkit? My Triumph Daytona 660 comes with one Allen Key with a Phillips style screwdriver head the other end. This is the entirety of the kit, but with that one $0.30c tool you can remove the seat, remove the battery or tighten its terminals. You can remove the entire fairing and indicators, less than 10 minutes per side, remove any subframe plastics, remove the whole tail structure complete with its taillights and indicators. I take my hat off to Triumph thinking ahead on that one.
:) Impressive!
 
Right Rdprdp01, I think I have a handle on you now, I'm going to drive you nuts. The CB1100 has a pre moulded space under the seat for a Honda supplied U-Lock. However, this lock is no longer sold by Honda. You can look under your seat and see the empty mould space for it, how can you not put something there once you see it?

I was lucky that olafurarason from Iceland had a high quality French lock for sale that is an exact fit and I bought it scratching an itch I had about it. Sorry, had to do it.....:D

 
Tev62_imp said:
Right Rdprdp01, I think I have a handle on you now, I'm going to drive you nuts. The CB1100 has a pre moulded space under the seat for a Honda supplied U-Lock. However, this lock is no longer sold by Honda. You can look under your seat and see the empty mould space for it, how can you not put something there once you see it?

I was lucky that olafurarason from Iceland had a high quality French lock for sale that is an exact fit and I bought it scratching an itch I had about it. Sorry, had to do it.....:D
4d3e8bc08b5c5e0aec8e28af560f22b0.png
04434bf3df9cdc2aea964b0ccfcaaceb.png
I always wanted to fill that space also



2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
cb73907f9d44a01096be264cbc4012e4.jpg
 
mvk24_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
Right Rdprdp01, I think I have a handle on you now, I'm going to drive you nuts. The CB1100 has a pre moulded space under the seat for a Honda supplied U-Lock. However, this lock is no longer sold by Honda. You can look under your seat and see the empty mould space for it, how can you not put something there once you see it?

I was lucky that olafurarason from Iceland had a high quality French lock for sale that is an exact fit and I bought it scratching an itch I had about it. Sorry, had to do it.....:D
4d3e8bc08b5c5e0aec8e28af560f22b0.png
04434bf3df9cdc2aea964b0ccfcaaceb.png
I always wanted to fill that space also



2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
cb73907f9d44a01096be264cbc4012e4.jpg
b14cab96e404bc217d89b243e25e796a.png
e2b42addc907e25f063347d583a7650c.png
I always wanted to fill that space also



2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
4f91df17a384a0a570cc4ba6bd20f5c2.jpg

:D The one you list looks a bit big though?
From their website I get

 
Tev62_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
Right Rdprdp01, I think I have a handle on you now, I'm going to drive you nuts. The CB1100 has a pre moulded space under the seat for a Honda supplied U-Lock. However, this lock is no longer sold by Honda. You can look under your seat and see the empty mould space for it, how can you not put something there once you see it?

I was lucky that olafurarason from Iceland had a high quality French lock for sale that is an exact fit and I bought it scratching an itch I had about it. Sorry, had to do it.....:D
4d3e8bc08b5c5e0aec8e28af560f22b0.png
04434bf3df9cdc2aea964b0ccfcaaceb.png
I always wanted to fill that space also



2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
cb73907f9d44a01096be264cbc4012e4.jpg
b14cab96e404bc217d89b243e25e796a.png
e2b42addc907e25f063347d583a7650c.png
I always wanted to fill that space also



2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
4f91df17a384a0a570cc4ba6bd20f5c2.jpg

:D The one you list looks a bit big though?
From their website I get
6517af40e86547c2f473e88fd0329d02.png
38a1c7245886119dcda89fc5e614d735.png
I always wanted to fill that space also



2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
4700899bf670e4e09027b7b0c507f0bd.jpg

:D The one you list looks a bit big though?
From their website I get I just Google the Auvray force 10 you had listed in your photo and that was the first one that popped up for $88. Not even sure if I'd ever use it though but filling the void would be satisfactory haha.

I wonder what else I could put in that space/clips now that we are talking about it.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
mvk24_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
Right Rdprdp01, I think I have a handle on you now, I'm going to drive you nuts. The CB1100 has a pre moulded space under the seat for a Honda supplied U-Lock. However, this lock is no longer sold by Honda. You can look under your seat and see the empty mould space for it, how can you not put something there once you see it?

I was lucky that olafurarason from Iceland had a high quality French lock for sale that is an exact fit and I bought it scratching an itch I had about it. Sorry, had to do it.....:D
4d3e8bc08b5c5e0aec8e28af560f22b0.png
04434bf3df9cdc2aea964b0ccfcaaceb.png
I always wanted to fill that space also



2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
cb73907f9d44a01096be264cbc4012e4.jpg
b14cab96e404bc217d89b243e25e796a.png
e2b42addc907e25f063347d583a7650c.png
I always wanted to fill that space also



2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
4f91df17a384a0a570cc4ba6bd20f5c2.jpg

:D The one you list looks a bit big though?
From their website I get
6517af40e86547c2f473e88fd0329d02.png
38a1c7245886119dcda89fc5e614d735.png
I always wanted to fill that space also



2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
4700899bf670e4e09027b7b0c507f0bd.jpg

:D The one you list looks a bit big though?
From their website I get I just Google the Auvray force 10 you had listed in your photo and that was the first one that popped up for $88. Not even sure if I'd ever use it though but filling the void would be satisfactory haha.

I wonder what else I could put in that space/clips now that we are talking about it.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
07c7677f8ccf29bf5b0edc755fb928db.png
4630d5b0aa4664c5f70923e4c6508eb8.png
I always wanted to fill that space also



2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
f0ccfee1697bcecd784a1f3b285a3aa7.jpg

:D The one you list looks a bit big though?
From their website I get I just Google the Auvray force 10 you had listed in your photo and that was the first one that popped up for $88. Not even sure if I'd ever use it though but filling the void would be satisfactory haha.

I wonder what else I could put in that space/clips now that we are talking about it.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Tev62_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
Right Rdprdp01, I think I have a handle on you now, I'm going to drive you nuts. The CB1100 has a pre moulded space under the seat for a Honda supplied U-Lock. However, this lock is no longer sold by Honda. You can look under your seat and see the empty mould space for it, how can you not put something there once you see it?

I was lucky that olafurarason from Iceland had a high quality French lock for sale that is an exact fit and I bought it scratching an itch I had about it. Sorry, had to do it.....:D
4d3e8bc08b5c5e0aec8e28af560f22b0.png
04434bf3df9cdc2aea964b0ccfcaaceb.png
I always wanted to fill that space also



2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
cb73907f9d44a01096be264cbc4012e4.jpg
b14cab96e404bc217d89b243e25e796a.png
e2b42addc907e25f063347d583a7650c.png
I always wanted to fill that space also



2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
4f91df17a384a0a570cc4ba6bd20f5c2.jpg

:D The one you list looks a bit big though?
From their website I get
6517af40e86547c2f473e88fd0329d02.png
38a1c7245886119dcda89fc5e614d735.png
I always wanted to fill that space also



2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
4700899bf670e4e09027b7b0c507f0bd.jpg

:D The one you list looks a bit big though?
From their website I get I just Google the Auvray force 10 you had listed in your photo and that was the first one that popped up for $88. Not even sure if I'd ever use it though but filling the void would be satisfactory haha.

I wonder what else I could put in that space/clips now that we are talking about it.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
07c7677f8ccf29bf5b0edc755fb928db.png
4630d5b0aa4664c5f70923e4c6508eb8.png
I always wanted to fill that space also



2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
f0ccfee1697bcecd784a1f3b285a3aa7.jpg

:D The one you list looks a bit big though?
From their website I get I just Google the Auvray force 10 you had listed in your photo and that was the first one that popped up for $88. Not even sure if I'd ever use it though but filling the void would be satisfactory haha.

I wonder what else I could put in that space/clips now that we are talking about it.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
cd41dd83144eecc84560ad51efb43277.png
bed450ab8e9f719a9ed9f9945dbba1af.png
I always wanted to fill that space also



2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
364186922eff81c9ce7caa020174d172.jpg

:D The one you list looks a bit big though?
From their website I get I just Google the Auvray force 10 you had listed in your photo and that was the first one that popped up for $88. Not even sure if I'd ever use it though but filling the void would be satisfactory haha.

I wonder what else I could put in that space/clips now that we are talking about it.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca I'm actually laughing out loud in my kitchen
b91375fcf82c18cab53e6bc11ac2b439.png


2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Thread starter
Tev62_imp said:
Right Rdprdp01, I think I have a handle on you now, I'm going to drive you nuts. The CB1100 has a pre moulded space under the seat for a Honda supplied U-Lock. However, this lock is no longer sold by Honda. You can look under your seat and see the empty mould space for it, how can you not put something there once you see it?

I was lucky that olafurarason from Iceland had a high quality French lock for sale that is an exact fit and I bought it scratching an itch I had about it. Sorry, had to do it.....:D
There is absolutely nothing you or any of the other Forum brothers could suggest or explore with me that I would not enjoy. There is no point of diminishing returns for me—only the satisfaction of knowing I am a good stewart of the motorcycle and benefiting from some scary smart folks. I am already addicted to the motorcycle. Every purchase of equipment or gear makes me happy far more than it should! :) Keep it coming. David
 
Rdprdp01_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
Right Rdprdp01, I think I have a handle on you now, I'm going to drive you nuts. The CB1100 has a pre moulded space under the seat for a Honda supplied U-Lock. However, this lock is no longer sold by Honda. You can look under your seat and see the empty mould space for it, how can you not put something there once you see it?

I was lucky that olafurarason from Iceland had a high quality French lock for sale that is an exact fit and I bought it scratching an itch I had about it. Sorry, had to do it.....:D
There is absolutely nothing you or any of the other Forum brothers could suggest or explore with me that I would not enjoy. There is no point of diminishing returns for me—only the satisfaction of knowing I am a good stewart of the motorcycle and benefiting from some scary smart folks. I am already addicted to the motorcycle. Every purchase of equipment or gear makes me happy far more than it should! :) Keep it coming. David
Good stuff David! :thumbsup::biker:
 
Back
Top