PREPARATION SUMMER FRENCH

Mick65_imp said:
No not a recorded artist, just do odd Country gigs with backing trax. I have a small home studio where I produce my own trax. I play generally Fender guitars, but I own a Musicman and Gibson Acoustic.
Nice. I don't play much anymore, but I have a lovely Seagull 12-string acoustic and an ancient Epiphone 6-string that I bought in London in 1976.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Mick65_imp said:
No not a recorded artist, just do odd Country gigs with backing trax. I have a small home studio where I produce my own trax. I play generally Fender guitars, but I own a Musicman and Gibson Acoustic.
Nice. I don't play much anymore, but I have a lovely Seagull 12-string acoustic and an ancient Epiphone 6-string that I bought in London in 1976.
Nice. I don't play much anymore, but I have a lovely Seagull 12-string acoustic and an ancient Epiphone 6-string that I bought in London in 1976.
Love, guitars nearly as much as m, bikes.
Bet the Epiphone is quite collectable if its from the 70s.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Lol most people in the US are coffee drinkers. I have never cared for the taste of coffee. To me it's bitter.

My grandmother on my mothers side was Welsh. She taught us to drink tea with creme and sugar as wee lads. To me there is nothing better than the taste of a good cup of tea. Love it, LOVE IT! First thing in the morning, last thing at night, every day.
I like my coffee like I like my women, black and bitter!

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
 
Creme means milk..could be half and half, 2% 3.2 %.. Mostly 3.2 vit D for me.

Lol think we hijacked this luggage thread enough? :rolleyes:
 
The ferret_imp said:
Creme means milk..could be half and half, 2% 3.2 %.. Mostly 3.2 vit D for me.

Lol think we hijacked this luggage thread enough? :rolleyes:
Dunno. Should we have a cup of tea and talk about it? :D
 
Thread starter
Je ne pensais pas q'une photo de ma moto équipée des valises et du top case allait provoquer un tel débat Waouooooo!
Pour les contenances, 2 x 30 L les valises Hepco Becker et 55 L le top case Givi et vu la puissance du moteur, les wheelings la moto chargée et à 2 dessus, on oubli! et en ce qui me concerne, c'est tasse de café et tartine de pain grillé vu que j'ai déjà le griile pain!
 
I love this banter back and forth between members from different country's... a great way to pick up tidbits about other people, their cultures, and their bikes... this is terrific! And yes... tell us about those pipes!!! They look great!
Criquibi_imp said:
Je ne pensais pas q'une photo de ma moto équipée des valises et du top case allait provoquer un tel débat Waouooooo!
Pour les contenances, 2 x 30 L les valises Hepco Becker et 55 L le top case Givi et vu la puissance du moteur, les wheelings la moto chargée et à 2 dessus, on oubli! et en ce qui me concerne, c'est tasse de café et tartine de pain grillé vu que j'ai déjà le griile pain!
Uh... could you repeat that? :huh:
bubblerboy64_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I believe no matter where on this planet we live, as people we have more in common than we have differences. If people could only see it.
So true. And why can't we accept the differences? You would think the very worst would be if we all were the identical. You see it even here. If a fellow rides a Harley he suspect in the eyes of some just for that. Let alone if he would dare be "significantly" different in religion, politics or ethnicity. We are all guilty of narrow thinking. It seems to be within our DNA. And clearly we need to fight. I often think how friendly we humans would get if invaded from "out there". Until then for that lack of anything better we'll continue to fight those different. Damn those Harley riders any ways.
So true. And why can't we accept the differences? You would think the very worst would be if we all were the identical. You see it even here. If a fellow rides a Harley he suspect in the eyes of some just for that. Let alone if he would dare be "significantly" different in religion, politics or ethnicity. We are all guilty of narrow thinking. It seems to be within our DNA. And clearly we need to fight. I often think how friendly we humans would get if invaded from "out there". Until then for that lack of anything better we'll continue to fight those different. Damn those Harley riders any ways.
Easy Bubblerboy... I hear my Harley revving up in the garage... I think it's prepping for a fight... and the keys not even in it!! :D
 
Criquibi_imp said:
Je ne pensais pas q'une photo de ma moto équipée des valises et du top case allait provoquer un tel débat Waouooooo!
Pour les contenances, 2 x 30 L les valises Hepco Becker et 55 L le top case Givi et vu la puissance du moteur, les wheelings la moto chargée et à 2 dessus, on oubli! et en ce qui me concerne, c'est tasse de café et tartine de pain grillé vu que j'ai déjà le griile pain!
According to Google Translate:—

Quote:I do not think that a picture of my motorcycle with suitcases and top box would cause such a debate Waouooooo!

For capacities, 2 x 30 L Hepco Becker luggage and 55 L Givi top box and saw the power of the engine, the motorcycle wheelie loaded and 2 above, we forget! and for me, it's cup of coffee and slice of toast because I already have the grill the bread!
 
Thank you Cormanus for the translation. Although there are parts of it I still don't understand. Oh well, back to tea... or coffee?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
 
SanPete_imp said:
Thank you Cormanus for the translation. Although there are parts of it I still don't understand. Oh well, back to tea... or coffee?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
Tea for me at this time of the day! ;)

I've had a better look at the translation and I'm not sure about the second part. I think Criquibi's saying that the 2 x 30L Hepco Becker panniers and a 55L Givi top box, he's got plenty of capacity. Even fully loaded and with 2 people, there's plenty of power in the engine to move the bike along.

He then joins the hijack and says he's be drinking coffee and eating toast because he already has the toaster.

Now someone who speaks good French can tell me I've got it all wrong! :(
 
Cormanus_imp said:
SanPete_imp said:
Thank you Cormanus for the translation. Although there are parts of it I still don't understand. Oh well, back to tea... or coffee?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
Tea for me at this time of the day! ;)

I've had a better look at the translation and I'm not sure about the second part. I think Criquibi's saying that the 2 x 30L Hepco Becker panniers and a 55L Givi top box, he's got plenty of capacity. Even fully loaded and with 2 people, there's plenty of power in the engine to move the bike along.

He then joins the hijack and says he's be drinking coffee and eating toast because he already has the toaster.

Now someone who speaks good French can tell me I've got it all wrong! :(
Tea for me at this time of the day! ;)

I've had a better look at the translation and I'm not sure about the second part. I think Criquibi's saying that the 2 x 30L Hepco Becker panniers and a 55L Givi top box, he's got plenty of capacity. Even fully loaded and with 2 people, there's plenty of power in the engine to move the bike along.

He then joins the hijack and says he's be drinking coffee and eating toast because he already has the toaster.

Now someone who speaks good French can tell me I've got it all wrong! :(
Now it makes sense, much better translation thumbs up :) I think you nailed it.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
 
In reality, we weren't hijacking. it took Cribique 3 days to get back to us and we were just finding a creative way to keep his thread up top until he got back.

He still didn't tell us about those pipes..in any language.

That is a lot of storage.

Mmm this hot tea is soooo good! (Might be a few more days until he checks back in lol )
 
The ferret_imp said:
In reality, we weren't hijacking. it took Cribique 3 days to get back to us and we were just finding a creative way to keep his thread up top until he got back.

He still didn't tell us about those pipes..in any language.

That is a lot of storage.

Mmm this hot tea is soooo good! (Might be a few more days until he checks back in lol )
Heh Nice! :) time for some tea and three more days

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
 
Criquibi, forigive cette traduction. Je ne parle pas plus de quelques mots de français et je me fie à Google Translate.

Pouvez-vous nous dire sur les vélos d'échappement sur ​​votre vélo, s'il vous plaît. Beaucoup de gens sur le forum veulent savoir.

Cordialement, George

I'm asking about the pipes.
 
I asked for trouble, and I got it.

Criquibi sent me the following PM:

Quote:Visuellement les pots sont de bonne qualité de finition, au niveau de la sonorité, ils sont présent mais reste discret, on les entends bien sur les reprises en bas régime moteur, rien avoir avec un vieux CB750 à carburateurs, l'injection moderne neutralisant les imperfections d' allumages et carburations! il, parle dans la présentation d'un gain de +17% de puissance, moi je dirai - de 10% ( plus de sonde Lambda )
Esthétiquement ils me rappellent bien mon 550 de 1979, à l' occasions de mes sorties ils attirent l'attentions des autres motards.
La béquille centrale à été supprimée, et la latérale est repassée derrière le repose pied et est plus facile à trouver lors du béquillage!
Pour la question du coût, ils sont très cher, mais quand on aime on ne compte pas :rolleyes: et la moto est au nom de Madame, donc les cadeaux sont plus facile et plus souvent :thumbsup:
With the help of Google Translate (which is, on occasions, my very best friend) I've come up with the following translation. Criquibi referred my to the website for the source of his pipes. It's here, http://www.vintagebike83.fr/boutique/echappements-4-en-4-honda-cb1100/. They're a snip at 2,990 EUROs.

Quote:The pots look to be good quality, and the sound level is audible but discreet. We hear them well at low speed. I'll have nothing to do with old CB750 carburetors, modern fuel injection neutralises the imperfections of ignition and carbonization.

In the presentation, he speaks of a +17% gain in power. I say it's less than 10% (over a Lambda probe).

Aesthetically they remind me of my 550 in 1979 and when I go on outings they attract the attention of other bikers.

The centre stand has been removed and the side stand is pressed back behind the footpeg and is easier to find during the bending (?)

On the question of cost they are very expensive, but when you love it does not matter, :rolleyes: and the bike is in the name of Madame so gifts are easier and more frequent. :thumbsup:
Criquibi's happy to answer more questions. But are my very limited translation skills up to it? :huh:
 
You are doing fine Cormanus, my French is not good, but I speak Spanish and understand Italian. French is not as similar as many believe, but if I study a phrase carefully I can usually get the gist of it. He also said something about forgetting about the bike's power and pulling a wheelie when he had his luggage loaded and was 2up.......I think......this would be as Mick predicted.

Laissez les bon temps rouler!!! (if you translate this, you will have an old slogan that was used by Kawasaki)
 
davidsargee_imp said:
You are doing fine Cormanus, my French is not good, but I speak Spanish and understand Italian. French is not as similar as many believe, but if I study a phrase carefully I can usually get the gist of it. He also said something about forgetting about the bike's power and pulling a wheelie when he had his luggage loaded and was 2up.......I think......this would be as Mick predicted.

Laissez les bon temps rouler!!! (if you translate this, you will have an old slogan that was used by Kawasaki)

Or an old hit song by The Cars!!


 
davidsargee_imp said:
You are doing fine Cormanus, my French is not good, but I speak Spanish and understand Italian. French is not as similar as many believe, but if I study a phrase carefully I can usually get the gist of it. He also said something about forgetting about the bike's power and pulling a wheelie when he had his luggage loaded and was 2up.......I think......this would be as Mick predicted.

Laissez les bon temps rouler!!! (if you translate this, you will have an old slogan that was used by Kawasaki)
Very kind, David, although even letting the good times roll, I'm damned if I can find the bit about the wheelie. Still ... why else would you buy a CB?
 
It's in his first response, the one that ends with his stated preference for coffee with toast. Sorry, wasn't clear about that. He appears to be saying that he pulled a wheelie loaded and 2up. The Google translate nearly got it right.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top