last September when I picked up my 2014 std I found this forum and Samurider fairings. I ordered a Road Comet Fairing 1 (style 1) to match my black version. I also asked for the same paint stripe colors and styles as were on the tank. One of Mr. Takashi marketing photos showed one that was exactly what I wanted.
He said it would take 9 months to make and deliver. I got an email from him last week that it was on the way. He beat the estimate by a month.
Today it arrived. While installing it I took advantage of needing to take the headlight out when adding the fairing to add a power pigtail to the capped off red power socket in the headlight nacelle and bring that out the back of the nacelle with the other wire bundles. I had ordered a 6 pack of yetor water proof connectors: Amazon.com
I hooked the female pigtail up to a male terminal connector and snapped it into the unused plug in the nacelle and fished it out the back with the other wires. This unused plug is hooked up to the ignition (I checked with a volt/ohm meter). I plan to hook several thing up on the male plug end. first is just a cap for when I don't want to run anything. second is a cigarette socket for powering my little air compressor for dealing with re-airing a tire after I pull a nail and run in a tire plug. lastly I'll hook up the 3rd male pigtail to the power setup for my Garmin GPS. I'll do that this weekend. This way I can run the GPS on trips that I need it with.
attached are pictures of the female pigtail coming out of the back of the headlight nacelle. then pictures of the various male pigtails that I mentioned above. then photos of Mr. Takashi's Road Comet Fairing 1 attached to the bike.
I'd been riding for the last week as the bike came and at 70+ mph on the freeway, I got fatigued sooner than I'd wanted to from fighting the wind on my torso. I'm hoping this mini fairing will knock some of that off of me to reduce the fatigue. I also like the way it looks on my CB.
regards,
tdbru
He said it would take 9 months to make and deliver. I got an email from him last week that it was on the way. He beat the estimate by a month.
Today it arrived. While installing it I took advantage of needing to take the headlight out when adding the fairing to add a power pigtail to the capped off red power socket in the headlight nacelle and bring that out the back of the nacelle with the other wire bundles. I had ordered a 6 pack of yetor water proof connectors: Amazon.com
I hooked the female pigtail up to a male terminal connector and snapped it into the unused plug in the nacelle and fished it out the back with the other wires. This unused plug is hooked up to the ignition (I checked with a volt/ohm meter). I plan to hook several thing up on the male plug end. first is just a cap for when I don't want to run anything. second is a cigarette socket for powering my little air compressor for dealing with re-airing a tire after I pull a nail and run in a tire plug. lastly I'll hook up the 3rd male pigtail to the power setup for my Garmin GPS. I'll do that this weekend. This way I can run the GPS on trips that I need it with.
attached are pictures of the female pigtail coming out of the back of the headlight nacelle. then pictures of the various male pigtails that I mentioned above. then photos of Mr. Takashi's Road Comet Fairing 1 attached to the bike.
I'd been riding for the last week as the bike came and at 70+ mph on the freeway, I got fatigued sooner than I'd wanted to from fighting the wind on my torso. I'm hoping this mini fairing will knock some of that off of me to reduce the fatigue. I also like the way it looks on my CB.
regards,
tdbru
Attachments
-
CB1100_Road_Comet_Fairing_1_f_small.webp366.9 KB · Views: 44 -
power_port_1_small.webp183.9 KB · Views: 43 -
power_port_2_small.webp280.8 KB · Views: 44 -
power_port_male_1_small.webp281.7 KB · Views: 44 -
power_port_male_2_small.webp256.1 KB · Views: 44 -
power_port_cig_small.webp368.8 KB · Views: 45 -
power_port_male_o-ring_small.webp266.8 KB · Views: 44 -
CB1100_Road_Comet_Fairing_1_a_small.webp466.7 KB · Views: 44 -
CB1100_Road_Comet_Fairing_1_b_small.webp714.8 KB · Views: 43 -
CB1100_Road_Comet_Fairing_1_c_small.webp679.3 KB · Views: 44 -
CB1100_Road_Comet_Fairing_1_d_small.webp511.6 KB · Views: 42 -
CB1100_Road_Comet_Fairing_1_e_small.webp686.8 KB · Views: 46
