Powder coating on the wheels?

Hard question Monkey Rider as it's a matter of personal taste. It's a great piece of work you've done on Photoshop. If it were up to me, I'd leave it at that as the silver wheels look so much better.

Others will, of course, have a different view.

Good luck.
 
I agree with Cormanus. Don't do it. The silver wheels compliment the rest of the bike.
But it's your bike so......
 
Nay from me. But it's your bike, so "Up to you".

Cheers
Having said that, it might be OK on a black bike, not the Honda black but a bike that has been dull blacked in a café style.
And having said that I found this:

Trip to northern Michigan

It's good.

Cheers
 
Black looks badazz. You want pretty, stay with silver. You already blacked out the side panels and they look great! You must be leaning towards black if you are photoshopping it in, so go with your heart. We will all marvel at how awesome the bike looks once it's done! Cheers!
 
I like the top photo with the silver wheels better.

The matte-d out sidecovers look really good in that pic. The eye gets drawn more towards the tank AND the glorious silver engine with the sidecovers 'de-emphasized' like that. It's got me thinking.. hmmm...
 
NO, no, no. The best part of the delux is the natural aluminum wheels. If you want flat black you could probably trade a 2014 std owner who would love to have your wheels.

Chip
 
I love the 2013 over the 2014 dlx because it isn't overboard with silver and chrome. I like the black wheels in the photoshopped pic better.
 
Another nay vote. I like the silver wheels

But as others have so wisely mentioned the final vote is up you
 
I don't know that there is anyone who likes the black/silver wheels on the 2013 CB1100 more than I do. Probably my favorite feature of the bike. But even I have to vote nay in this case.

To me the '14 DLX vibe is different: a bit less sporty /a bit more conservative and classy. Looking at the images provided, I just don't think that black wheels work nearly as well as the OEM silver wheels do as the silver wheels nicely compliment the silver engine (and vice versa).
 
It really is a matter of taste but since you asked...With the all black rims they remind me of the style of the black fiberglass BMX wheels (although beefier) that became popular when BMX bikes first hit the scene. The cast spokes of the Honda somewhat copy that look. If you go this route I'd replace the fenders or paint them. They clash with the black rims
 
I have the '14 black one and I like black wheels but I like the black wheels to be a gloss black. Something I will change on mine when putting different tires on.

I like them both. Actually I'd really like to have some black rimmed spokes on mine.
 
Guth_imp said:
I don't know that there is anyone who likes the black/silver wheels on the 2013 CB1100 more than I do. Probably my favorite feature of the bike. But even I have to vote nay in this case.

To me the '14 DLX vibe is different: a bit less sporty /a bit more conservative and classy. Looking at the images provided, I just don't think that black wheels work nearly as well as the OEM silver wheels do as the silver wheels nicely compliment the silver engine (and vice versa).
+1 to all of the above-my feelings exactly.
 
IMHO I prefer the silver wheels but I would be interested to see what the silver/black 2013 wheel color would look like on the DLX. I am not great with computers but maybe some body could do some magic with photoshop to see how that would look? Just an idea.
 
veech_imp said:
Guth_imp said:
I don't know that there is anyone who likes the black/silver wheels on the 2013 CB1100 more than I do. Probably my favorite feature of the bike. But even I have to vote nay in this case.

To me the '14 DLX vibe is different: a bit less sporty /a bit more conservative and classy. Looking at the images provided, I just don't think that black wheels work nearly as well as the OEM silver wheels do as the silver wheels nicely compliment the silver engine (and vice versa).
+1 to all of the above-my feelings exactly.
+1 to all of the above-my feelings exactly.
Make it +2!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I like the look of black chrome and would like to redo all of the chrome parts on my bike with that. However, there is no way I could afford to do that.
 
Back
Top