Powder-Coated Front Fender, New Seat, Fender Eliminator, Etc.

andyferd_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I made quite a few changes to my CB1100. I recently created my own rear fender out of some 18ga sheet metal, a tail light, and turn signals. It took a few tries since my previous fenders kept snagging on the rear wheel and getting destroyed after a big bump in the road. I ended up using 18ga and shortening it so it wouldn't flex while riding. I then bought an OEM rear grab bar from a 2017 and welded some tabs next to the original bolt holes so it could mount up. Finally I bought the Daytona seat to complete the look.

After that I got the front fender and headlight brackets powder-coated gloss black. I think everything turned out really well. Let me know what you think!

a64d208853a5210229129740fc182ab9.jpg


7ede44ef0e693cf2e1357bf5ed011a96.jpg
 
andyferd_imp said:
I made quite a few changes to my CB1100. I recently created my own rear fender out of some 18ga sheet metal, a tail light, and turn signals. It took a few tries since my previous fenders kept snagging on the rear wheel and getting destroyed after a big bump in the road. I ended up using 18ga and shortening it so it wouldn't flex while riding. I then bought an OEM rear grab bar from a 2017 and welded some tabs next to the original bolt holes so it could mount up. Finally I bought the Daytona seat to complete the look.

After that I got the front fender and headlight brackets powder-coated gloss black. I think everything turned out really well. Let me know what you think!

a64d208853a5210229129740fc182ab9.jpg


7ede44ef0e693cf2e1357bf5ed011a96.jpg
Beautiful! Nice work.
 
Nice work andy, I hope it turns out well for you, I had the the same "bump and break" issue with a fabricated tail tidy so ended up chopping the stock fender in the end. I like your tail light/signal setup, would you mind sharing a link for it?

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Thread starter
tod.branko_imp said:
Nice work andy, I hope it turns out well for you, I had the the same "bump and break" issue with a fabricated tail tidy so ended up chopping the stock fender in the end. I like your tail light/signal setup, would you mind sharing a link for it?

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Hi Tod! Yeah I hope this version holds up long term. The tail light is:

Amazon.com

and the turn signals are:

Puig Buoy 2 Turn Signals - RevZilla
 
This kinda reminds me of my brief, pre-covid, zip-tie days, before I had the time to fab up some proper brackets(angled way high IMO)

bf5b47fd73d9101b49d97e68964b449e.jpg



I later decided to carefully measure the gap between the rail and the frame so that it was uniform and consistent with the overall line angles on the rest of the bike when looked from afar

40a5eb1d6289be184ad59ea84e08bf72.jpg


I think your FEK/plate mount look fantastic though, lights look much better than the LED tail included on my Ryujin kit.
As far as plate location, I just decided to move on to something a little...less conventional :rofl:

5fc153c80cfb37c9a6e66642b8b02c2b.jpg


Cool to see I'm no longer the only Cafe'd Standard in NorCal. I think there's another AZ guy on here whose bike looks identical to yours, Daytona seat and all :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top