Posting Pictures with Imgur in 2018

tommymck_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Sometimes it is easier to leverage the power of the CB1100 Forum directly. For example, the following image is only 194 kBs, but appears quite acceptable ...



This was posted using a Windoze box.
Testing out GOs method...

[attachment=13719]
Testing out GOs method...
Hmmm.. that isn't all that pleasant. What's a Windoze box GO?
It was a knock at Microsoft Windows. So in this case, it was a Windows 10 Dell-based PC. Nothing extraordinary.

In this example, I dump a feeble, but lovely 145 kB sized image of a similar Yamaha beast ...



(Bob's yer uncle)
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
tommymck_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Sometimes it is easier to leverage the power of the CB1100 Forum directly. For example, the following image is only 194 kBs, but appears quite acceptable ...



This was posted using a Windoze box.
Testing out GOs method...

[attachment=13719]
Testing out GOs method...
Hmmm.. that isn't all that pleasant. What's a Windoze box GO?
It was a knock at Microsoft Windows. So in this case, it was a Windows 10 Dell-based PC. Nothing extraordinary.

In this example, I dump a feeble, but lovely 145 kB sized image of a similar Yamaha beast ...



(Bob's yer uncle)
It was a knock at Microsoft Windows. So in this case, it was a Windows 10 Dell-based PC. Nothing extraordinary.

In this example, I dump a feeble, but lovely 145 kB sized image of a similar Yamaha beast ...



(Bob's yer uncle) Bob may be yer uncle, but he doesn't appear to be related to me in any way. The pic I posted was 200kB give or take. Just checking, but I'm using the "New Attachment" button to attach the pic. Correct?
 
So...yes you can attach a small (in size or resolution) photo directly, but can you attach 15 photos or any photo over 250k directly? I didn't think that was allowed.
 
MTC is correct. A single image file cannot exceed 250 kBs in size when uploaded directly to the CB1100 database.

In the example above (woman riding SR400), I just look at the file (145 kB size) and say that will work and be done with it.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Don’t leave us in suspense, Randy B.
I drove it to work and we had the first rain of the year after 5½ months started about half way through my shift. When I went to leave the oils on the surface made it worse that driving on ice. I just tapped the gas and the back end came around on me and I was just along for the ride. It kissed a light pole (the indents in the bumper show that it wasn't a round pole) at around 30 mph. It hit directly on the right frame horn and mangled everything really good.
I got a good sized bump on the left side of my head from hitting the roofline above the side window. That was a fun headache.
This is also why I got back on a motorcycle. Parking here can be difficult and 3 cars was a bit troublesome.

89f8113e1375bfdcb41de8cddab1231e.jpg


8545337e0f288cd8fa3de8cfca312771.jpg


3177ff9fa79ab05a9afaff8ba33e80b3.jpg


80a0c54a9ceb50a4d2e8cde4e3b763f8.jpg


6aa8ab56f6b6a57333e2d1b5c31ec598.jpg


1f4cbae23cda207ef35dc46d11212dd9.jpg


bf74214e89d6964d8992f3882d41656d.jpg
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
MTC is correct. A single image file cannot exceed 250 kBs in size when uploaded directly to the CB1100 database.

In the example above (woman riding SR400), I just look at the file (145 kB size) and say that will work and be done with it.
But mine was just as large...actually larger at 197 kB, but it ended up small. It's probably better for the forum if we don't gunk it up 200kB at a time, but I'm just wondering why my 72 dpi image that was set for 8x10 at 197 kb looks so much punier than yours...
 
Randy B_imp said:
EmptySea_imp said:
Anyone else having trouble uploading HEIC format pictures to imgur? Looks like you have to convert HEIC photos to JPG in order to add them. It's adding at least two additional steps to the upload process which I find annoying. However, maybe I'm missing something very obvious -- hope so.

If this should be posted elsewhere, please feel free to move it -- or remove it entirely if it's been answered someplace else herein.
What I do is click on the picture and that opens it in its own window. Then right click on the picture and "open in new tab". Then you can copy the address bar and paste it into the "insert image" link here and it works.
50cc588feeedd530cb0220b3bfce5ca9.jpg
Nice. 1970? My buddy had a '68. This pic from 1984.

402b9ce49baf0ec51ffcf04f231e5462.jpg
 
Stichill_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
EmptySea_imp said:
Anyone else having trouble uploading HEIC format pictures to imgur? Looks like you have to convert HEIC photos to JPG in order to add them. It's adding at least two additional steps to the upload process which I find annoying. However, maybe I'm missing something very obvious -- hope so.

If this should be posted elsewhere, please feel free to move it -- or remove it entirely if it's been answered someplace else herein.
What I do is click on the picture and that opens it in its own window. Then right click on the picture and "open in new tab". Then you can copy the address bar and paste it into the "insert image" link here and it works.
50cc588feeedd530cb0220b3bfce5ca9.jpg
Nice. 1970? My buddy had a '68. This pic from 1984.

402b9ce49baf0ec51ffcf04f231e5462.jpg
Nice. 1970? My buddy had a '68. This pic from 1984.

53e74f7292d50c1c96a594bd8410c38a.jpg

Yes sir.
 
The '68 came to a strange "end" as well. One Sunday morning, cops knocked on the door of the apartment where my 442 buddy was visiting another buddy of mine (who happened to own a mint unrestored 28,000-mile '72 H/O 442) in the Tidewater area of Virginia.

The cops had been looking for a white '68 442 ragtop that was reported stolen. Yep, it was my buddy's car. They confiscated it for return to the original owner. I honestly don't remember what happened to my friend in terms of getting the money back from the seller, but somehow I seem to recall that he did.
It's a little shocking to see the rust inside the hood. No matter how well the car was cared for, in time it would still be consumed by oxidation.

 
Stichill_imp said:
The '68 came to a strange "end" as well. One Sunday morning, cops knocked on the door of the apartment where my 442 buddy was visiting another buddy of mine (who happened to own a mint unrestored 28,000-mile '72 H/O 442) in the Tidewater area of Virginia.

The cops had been looking for a white '68 442 ragtop that was reported stolen. Yep, it was my buddy's car. They confiscated it for return to the original owner. I honestly don't remember what happened to my friend in terms of getting the money back from the seller, but somehow I seem to recall that he did.
It's a little shocking to see the rust inside the hood. No matter how well the car was cared for, in time it would still be consumed by oxidation.
It was raining the night of the accident and that metal was exposed to it. That's why it rusted. This was taken about a week after the accident if I recall correctly.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Yeah, sadly after an incident cars go to cry in the back of tow truck yards until their owner is able to visit them.
I actually had it towed to my Aunt and Uncles house. It sat there until I finally decided to sell it off instead of part it out. There were A LOT of good expensive parts on the car, it's just that the body and frame were both completely trashed.
 
GoldOxide' pid='297837' dateline='1622825742 said:
MTC is correct. A single image file cannot exceed 250 kBs in size when uploaded directly to the CB1100 database.

While searching for a simple photo resizing app I found one called Image Size which allows you to import a photo from your Photo Albums on your portable device then resize the number of pixels of the image so that the file size doesn't exceed the 250 kB limit for the site. You then just import this reduced size photo straight in to your post on the site. It works very easily and is free.
Oops, I've just discovered that Mr Stichill has already mentioned Image Size.
 
Please accept my belated thank you, Max, for this post. I use the knowledge you shared each time I make an entry on the CB1100 Forum. Great work. David
 
Back
Top