Posting Pictures with Imgur in 2018

It’s getting the pics into Imgur that’s the issue. I think I can open the photos from my iCloud account into my Windows Photos app then “save as” and it will save it as jpg instead of heic. Still, if there’s a simpler why, I’d love to know it.
 
Sometimes it is easier to leverage the power of the CB1100 Forum directly. For example, the following image is only 194 kBs, but appears quite acceptable ...



This was posted using a Windoze box.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
It’s getting the pics into Imgur that’s the issue. I think I can open the photos from my iCloud account into my Windows Photos app then “save as” and it will save it as jpg instead of heic. Still, if there’s a simpler why, I’d love to know it.
See my post above for simpler method; example below.

2048x1536 straight from iPhone HEIC to Imgur using the imgur app directly on the iPhone. iCloud, schmyCloud. I disconnected that abomination, designed to extort monthly rent for property I created and already own.

078be6825c80f89b5506cffdc90aea4e.jpg
 
Yes. You can do that in the app on the phone. But that’s a pain when one is trying to create a story with 15 pictures for Seat Time. Thanks for everyone’s help. I think I have it figured out.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Sometimes it is easier to leverage the power of the CB1100 Forum directly. For example, the following image is only 194 kBs, but appears quite acceptable ...



This was posted using a Windoze box.
Wow GO, this is my 2013 CB1100 when I bought it..TY :D
 
Stichill, if you are linking to images hosted elsewhere, the resolution and size doesn’t matter to this forum. It’s only she. You upload them as attachments that you need to keep the file size down. On a second point, while there is no need for you to store your property in the cloud, why should the hosting company that has to purchase the hardware to store it give you that space?

Au₂O₃ no image that causes the text on my tablet to be reduced to an unreadable size because of the ridiculous size of its footprint will ever be acceptable to me.

But the important question—and maybe it’s for peterbaron—is why the CB1100 is spilling oil.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Stichill, if you are linking to images hosted elsewhere, the resolution and size doesn’t matter to this forum. It’s only she. You upload them as attachments that you need to keep the file size down. On a second point, while there is no need for you to store your property in the cloud, why should the hosting company that has to purchase the hardware to store it give you that space?

Au₂O₃ no image that causes the text on my tablet to be reduced to an unreadable size because of the ridiculous size of its footprint will ever be acceptable to me.

But the important question—and maybe it’s for peterbaron—is why the CB1100 is spilling oil.
Oh my! :rofl: I did not see that strange artifact.


(no doubt it is a charging cable and/or security cable?)
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Anyone else having trouble uploading HEIC format pictures to imgur? Looks like you have to convert HEIC photos to JPG in order to add them. It's adding at least two additional steps to the upload process which I find annoying. However, maybe I'm missing something very obvious -- hope so.

If this should be posted elsewhere, please feel free to move it -- or remove it entirely if it's been answered someplace else herein.
What I do is click on the picture and that opens it in its own window. Then right click on the picture and "open in new tab". Then you can copy the address bar and paste it into the "insert image" link here and it works.
50cc588feeedd530cb0220b3bfce5ca9.jpg
 
To wrap up my situation. If you move the photos to Imgur via their iPhone app the photos convert from HEIC to JPG (or perhaps simply remain JPG) and therefore are recognizable to Imgur as photos. The additional problem for me, the Luddite that I am, is that I like to arrange my photos in Imgur into folders based on the subject of the photos inside and the app does not allow me to do that as far as I can tell. Solution is to upload the photos through the Imgur app and then move the photos into the appropriate folder via the Imgur website. Not as cumbersome as it sounds.

I often want to edit my photos and the Windows Photos app is better for that purpose, mostly because of the larger screen on my PC. Once I edit an HEIC photo on my PC, it automatically saves it as JPG and then I can drag it from y desktop to the Imgur website. Also not as cumbersome as it sounds.

So, problem solved.

Incidentally, iCloud provides some other features beyond photo storage that Cheryl and I use and which justifies the meager fee I pay. The photo storage is just an extra and I'll consider turning that feature off one of these days.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Stichill, if you are linking to images hosted elsewhere, the resolution and size doesn’t matter to this forum. It’s only she. You upload them as attachments that you need to keep the file size down. On a second point, while there is no need for you to store your property in the cloud, why should the hosting company that has to purchase the hardware to store it give you that space?

Au₂O₃ no image that causes the text on my tablet to be reduced to an unreadable size because of the ridiculous size of its footprint will ever be acceptable to me.

But the important question—and maybe it’s for peterbaron—is why the CB1100 is spilling oil.
Oh my! :rofl: I did not see that strange artifact.


(no doubt it is a charging cable and/or security cable?)
Oh my! :rofl: I did not see that strange artifact.


(no doubt it is a charging cable and/or security cable?)
NO fluid is leaking from any of my vehicles :excited:
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Stichill, if you are linking to images hosted elsewhere, the resolution and size doesn’t matter to this forum. It’s only she. You upload them as attachments that you need to keep the file size down. On a second point, while there is no need for you to store your property in the cloud, why should the hosting company that has to purchase the hardware to store it give you that space?

Au₂O₃ no image that causes the text on my tablet to be reduced to an unreadable size because of the ridiculous size of its footprint will ever be acceptable to me.

But the important question—and maybe it’s for peterbaron—is why the CB1100 is spilling oil.
Thank you! :thumbsup:

Cormanus_imp said:
Stichill, if you are linking to images hosted elsewhere, the resolution and size doesn’t matter to this forum. It’s only she. You upload them as attachments that you need to keep the file size down. On a second point, while there is no need for you to store your property in the cloud, why should the hosting company that has to purchase the hardware to store it give you that space?

Au₂O₃ no image that causes the text on my tablet to be reduced to an unreadable size because of the ridiculous size of its footprint will ever be acceptable to me.

But the important question—and maybe it’s for peterbaron—is why the CB1100 is spilling oil.
I didn't say they should. But neither must I pay for a service I don't need. The oligopoly entices you with a paltry amount of "free" cloud space (like a snort of coke), pre-configures your phone to automatically upload all your photos to the cloud, which quickly runs out of free space, whereupon you are encouraged to rent additional space for a monthly fee or else your precious photos will be endangered by not being backed up to the rental space. Which of course, is safe only as long as you keep up the rent payments. And if you decide to stop paying rent, they will callously delete your precious memories unless you face the mother of all challenges and get your content back out of the cloud using the intentionally user-unfriendly tools provided. :rolleyes: Hard pass. :dodgy:

Me? I bought my first NAS ten years ago and never looked back. I now have three of them, all running [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_RAID_levels]RAID 1, that is my personal cloud system. Upfront capital expense, no ongoing rental expense. And no odious user agreement, ambiguous ownership of the contents, invasion of privacy, or secret handing over of private data to the American Stasi under questionable legal and Constitutional auspices. :dodgy:
EmptySea_imp said:
:thumbsup:
 
Stichill_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Stichill, if you are linking to images hosted elsewhere, the resolution and size doesn’t matter to this forum. It’s only she. You upload them as attachments that you need to keep the file size down. On a second point, while there is no need for you to store your property in the cloud, why should the hosting company that has to purchase the hardware to store it give you that space?

Au₂O₃ no image that causes the text on my tablet to be reduced to an unreadable size because of the ridiculous size of its footprint will ever be acceptable to me.

But the important question—and maybe it’s for peterbaron—is why the CB1100 is spilling oil.
Thank you! :thumbsup:

Cormanus_imp said:
Stichill, if you are linking to images hosted elsewhere, the resolution and size doesn’t matter to this forum. It’s only she. You upload them as attachments that you need to keep the file size down. On a second point, while there is no need for you to store your property in the cloud, why should the hosting company that has to purchase the hardware to store it give you that space?

Au₂O₃ no image that causes the text on my tablet to be reduced to an unreadable size because of the ridiculous size of its footprint will ever be acceptable to me.

But the important question—and maybe it’s for peterbaron—is why the CB1100 is spilling oil.
I didn't say they should. But neither must I pay for a service I don't need. The oligopoly entices you with a paltry amount of "free" cloud space (like a snort of coke), pre-configures your phone to automatically upload all your photos to the cloud, which quickly runs out of free space, whereupon you are encouraged to rent additional space for a monthly fee or else your precious photos will be endangered by not being backed up to the rental space. Which of course, is safe only as long as you keep up the rent payments. And if you decide to stop paying rent, they will callously delete your precious memories unless you face the mother of all challenges and get your content back out of the cloud using the intentionally user-unfriendly tools provided. :rolleyes: Hard pass. :dodgy:

Me? I bought my first NAS ten years ago and never looked back. I now have three of them, all running [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_RAID_levels]RAID 1, that is my personal cloud system. Upfront capital expense, no ongoing rental expense. And no odious user agreement, ambiguous ownership of the contents, invasion of privacy, or secret handing over of private data to the American Stasi under questionable legal and Constitutional auspices. :dodgy:
EmptySea_imp said:
:thumbsup:

Spot on Hank. :thumbsup:

Eventually - one day - more people will realize that this "story" has gotten old. In the meantime, their rent will continue to finance people's retirement dividends elsewhere and put fuel into the CB1100 tank.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Stichill_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Stichill, if you are linking to images hosted elsewhere, the resolution and size doesn’t matter to this forum. It’s only she. You upload them as attachments that you need to keep the file size down. On a second point, while there is no need for you to store your property in the cloud, why should the hosting company that has to purchase the hardware to store it give you that space?

Au₂O₃ no image that causes the text on my tablet to be reduced to an unreadable size because of the ridiculous size of its footprint will ever be acceptable to me.

But the important question—and maybe it’s for peterbaron—is why the CB1100 is spilling oil.
Thank you! :thumbsup:

Cormanus_imp said:
Stichill, if you are linking to images hosted elsewhere, the resolution and size doesn’t matter to this forum. It’s only she. You upload them as attachments that you need to keep the file size down. On a second point, while there is no need for you to store your property in the cloud, why should the hosting company that has to purchase the hardware to store it give you that space?

Au₂O₃ no image that causes the text on my tablet to be reduced to an unreadable size because of the ridiculous size of its footprint will ever be acceptable to me.

But the important question—and maybe it’s for peterbaron—is why the CB1100 is spilling oil.
I didn't say they should. But neither must I pay for a service I don't need. The oligopoly entices you with a paltry amount of "free" cloud space (like a snort of coke), pre-configures your phone to automatically upload all your photos to the cloud, which quickly runs out of free space, whereupon you are encouraged to rent additional space for a monthly fee or else your precious photos will be endangered by not being backed up to the rental space. Which of course, is safe only as long as you keep up the rent payments. And if you decide to stop paying rent, they will callously delete your precious memories unless you face the mother of all challenges and get your content back out of the cloud using the intentionally user-unfriendly tools provided. :rolleyes: Hard pass. :dodgy:

Me? I bought my first NAS ten years ago and never looked back. I now have three of them, all running [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_RAID_levels]RAID 1, that is my personal cloud system. Upfront capital expense, no ongoing rental expense. And no odious user agreement, ambiguous ownership of the contents, invasion of privacy, or secret handing over of private data to the American Stasi under questionable legal and Constitutional auspices. :dodgy:
EmptySea_imp said:
:thumbsup:

Spot on Hank. :thumbsup:

Eventually - one day - more people will realize that this "story" has gotten old. In the meantime, their rent will continue to finance people's retirement dividends elsewhere and put fuel into the CB1100 tank.

Spot on Hank. :thumbsup:

Eventually - one day - more people will realize that this "story" has gotten old. In the meantime, their rent will continue to finance people's retirement dividends elsewhere and put fuel into the CB1100 tank.
:thumbsup:
 
Stichill, thank you for your views on the IT cloud.
 
Don’t leave us in suspense, Randy B.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Sometimes it is easier to leverage the power of the CB1100 Forum directly. For example, the following image is only 194 kBs, but appears quite acceptable ...



This was posted using a Windoze box.
Testing out GOs method...

[attachment=13719]
Testing out GOs method...
Hmmm.. that isn't all that pleasant. What's a Windoze box GO?
 
Back
Top