GoldOxide_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
Fun shot.
Almost looks like family bros. But yeah, ... MTC does ride a CB1100.
Almost looks like family bros. But yeah, ... MTC does ride a CB1100.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Kinda hard for manufacturers to build motorcycles that will ergonomically fit both of these guys, but believe it or not they both ride CB 1100'sThe ferret_imp said:Kinda hard for manufacturers to build motorcycles that will ergonomically fit both of these guys, but believe it or not they both ride CB 1100'stod.branko_imp said:I test rode a 1050 Tiger when they came out, and yes, it was a wonderful bike. But even back 13 years ago, my foot kept getting snagged by the seat as I climbed over it. I had Triumph Sprints before, and would have bought one of them otherwise. It is definitely an excellent motor, in my humble opinion much better suited for the Tiger than it is for the Speed Triple, it's perfectly predictable and eager to get going, sounds pretty nice, toopekingduck_imp said:I test rode a 1050 Tiger when they came out, and yes, it was a wonderful bike. But even back 13 years ago, my foot kept getting snagged by the seat as I climbed over it. I had Triumph Sprints before, and would have bought one of them otherwise.bioman_imp said:tod.branko_imp said:Maybe coupled with the "Baby AT" rumor, the CB1100X won't be an 1100. It could use the fabled 850 cc version of the mill. Could be, but this sport touring setup reminds me of the CB4X concept from some time ago. I reckon it's the same bike only more of a production model, and that indeed was a 650/4GoldOxide_imp said:Maybe coupled with the "Baby AT" rumor, the CB1100X won't be an 1100. It could use the fabled 850 cc version of the mill.tod.branko_imp said:I was reading an article about this when I woke up earlier, and I doubt that these renders are correct for one reason only, and that is (correct me if I'm wrong) CB has only ever been a twin cyl in the 400ss, and I think I'd rather see a 650/4 or a 1000/4 in this kind of a sport touring set-up.
'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed![]()
'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
I want to like it, I really do. It is just that I like my women and motorcycles with smooth beautiful rounded shapes and no angles.
This bike is ONLY angle, except for wheels and exhaust. Sorry, I pass.
As for the getting on the bike,
I'm 6ft with a pair of pretty long slim legs, so I won't pretend that I understand the issues of getting in the saddle that many people have. Also the fact that I ride dirt bikes made the "foot on the peg and skip over" technique something of a motoric stereotype for me, so I use if with almost every motorcycle I've ever ridden - short of cruisers. Then again, people built similarly to myself often have other issues with ergonomics, such as an excessive bend in the knees, short reach to the bars etc. Nobody and nothing is perfect
And I love sharing pics, so here are a few of my Tiger for reference![]()
![]()
![]()
'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
![]()
I am not a designer, nor an engineer, but more than happy to speculate!pekingduck_imp said:The point of this picture is to ask if there were any benefits to the high rear seat.
I can't think of any except the possible loss of rear suspension travel, by an inch or two at the most. I just don't see any benefit, and lots of problems it causes.
Rboe_imp said:The cat in heat rear end on bikes is a fad that needs to go away.
I suppose. Not surprisingly, Honda seems to be heavily leveraging their 1100 cc inline twin used on the Africa Twin as well as their battle-tested drive train. The CMX1100 is the first in the new 2021 year. The fabled CB1100X carries none of the lineage of the CB, but definitely implies a new era Honda proposals.misterprofessionality_imp said:So....what im getting from this is that ita a street/sport touring focused Africa twin basically.
Interesting that you'd mention the V-strom, I was thinking about it, it's a venerable platform that has been around for ages and it can be picked up used for a bag of peanuts. I don't think the latest model brought anything really new and revolutionary, so hardly worth the money. Makes me think about all the applications of that engine though, and I think it was a really good match for a naked chassis, whether in the SV1000 or this freak of nature (pics attached) I've had a chance to ride for a while, just before the pandemic and it was a blast. Ample torque, really good handling, and feels so very very light on its feet. The fact that you can ride for months before you see someone else on the same bike is an added bonus.misterprofessionality_imp said:Its a new generation of cruiser thats taking advantage of the technology at large. The kawasaki vulcan s was super successful, and thats another modern Ptwin Japanese cruiser.
The cb1100x on the other hand....I dont know where it fits in, when you can still get a vstrom 1050 for way less that may or may not be superior in many ways.
Exactly our case / problem. Your seat makes it a little better, no ? Would you please tell me it's brand ?PowerDubs_imp said:While I don't like the look of almost ALL modern bikes- I also don't like a slab seat.
If you are going solo- get a solo seat design.
If you have a passenger- they need higher perch.
My wife - even with my stepped seat- is pretty much looking into my back the whole time while riding.
![]()