Mtneers
Been there
Lord Popgun_imp said:Couldn’t you have sent it to Jet-Hot in North Carolina?
That’s where mine went…NC. Three years ago this past September. Still shine like new.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Lord Popgun_imp said:Couldn’t you have sent it to Jet-Hot in North Carolina?
Wow. Impressive work he did with the cat cover. That’s great to know that the coating will keep it looking shiny for so long. Seems like a worthwhile mod if you prize a shiny chrome look (who doesn’t) on your pipes.Cormanus_imp said:Whoops, see Chip Beck's story about jet hot coating his header pipes. http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7023
Ceramic - very durable when it comes to heat stress.Whoops_imp said:Wow. Impressive work he did with the cat cover. That’s great to know that the coating will keep it looking shiny for so long. Seems like a worthwhile mod if you prize a shiny chrome look (who doesn’t) on your pipes.Cormanus_imp said:Whoops, see Chip Beck's story about jet hot coating his header pipes. http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7023

I think the proper name for that dance was "The Hop"suhawk305_imp said:Yes, there is a dance I created called “ the suhawk” I did the dance after my CB fell on my foot, during my ride to the the Ohio Rally! Just ask KiowaEagle who saw it! :banana:

STAIN-Magic is not one of those products.j3gq_imp said:After my wife had bought a product for silverware, which said “all shiny metals”, I wondered. She had paid 1.45 for a can twice the size of my very special header cleaner bought a while ago. And that thing was “only” 9.99. So I squeezed a bit out of both products, side by side, and what I found ? Same color, same smell, same touch. So I did one header pipe with the first, the nxt with the other product. Sure, you guessed it .... that’s how the m/c suppliers make money. No need to develop a product, and test it. Just sell it in different tubes, under a different brand, and add a really, really nice margin. :banana: Hmm .... ?
Can confirm. I did a little research, and plenty of car care products are made by bulk suppliers, and different scents and additives are put in to make them into boutique brands. Our company had a sponsor called "Stuff", which was a line of polishes that were supposedly made in a laboratory in Pasadena, CA. We met the "chemist" in their facility. They were so proud of their products that they hand-signed every bottle. But, when they went out of business, owing us a lot of money, we did a little digging and found that Stuff wasn't really made in their own laboratory.. nor did they have one. It was a bulk polish that they just branded, and that was also available under other names, "Sold in finer grocery stores everywhere."j3gq_imp said:After my wife had bought a product for silverware, which said “all shiny metals”, I wondered. She had paid 1.45 for a can twice the size of my very special header cleaner bought a while ago. And that thing was “only” 9.99. So I squeezed a bit out of both products, side by side, and what I found ? Same color, same smell, same touch. So I did one header pipe with the first, the nxt with the other product. Sure, you guessed it .... that’s how the m/c suppliers make money. No need to develop a product, and test it. Just sell it in different tubes, under a different brand, and add a really, really nice margin. :banana: Hmm .... ?
Can confirm. I did a little research, and plenty of car care products are made by bulk suppliers, and different scents and additives are put in to make them into boutique brands. Our company had a sponsor called "Stuff", which was a line of polishes that were supposedly made in a laboratory in Pasadena, CA. We met the "chemist" in their facility. They were so proud of their products that they hand-signed every bottle. But, when they went out of business, owing us a lot of money, we did a little digging and found that Stuff wasn't really made in their own laboratory.. nor did they have one. It was a bulk polish that they just branded, and that was also available under other names, "Sold in finer grocery stores everywhere."Gone in 60_imp said:Can confirm. I did a little research, and plenty of car care products are made by bulk suppliers, and different scents and additives are put in to make them into boutique brands. Our company had a sponsor called "Stuff", which was a line of polishes that were supposedly made in a laboratory in Pasadena, CA. We met the "chemist" in their facility. They were so proud of their products that they hand-signed every bottle. But, when they went out of business, owing us a lot of money, we did a little digging and found that Stuff wasn't really made in their own laboratory.. nor did they have one. It was a bulk polish that they just branded, and that was also available under other names, "Sold in finer grocery stores everywhere."j3gq_imp said:After my wife had bought a product for silverware, which said “all shiny metals”, I wondered. She had paid 1.45 for a can twice the size of my very special header cleaner bought a while ago. And that thing was “only” 9.99. So I squeezed a bit out of both products, side by side, and what I found ? Same color, same smell, same touch. So I did one header pipe with the first, the nxt with the other product. Sure, you guessed it .... that’s how the m/c suppliers make money. No need to develop a product, and test it. Just sell it in different tubes, under a different brand, and add a really, really nice margin. :banana: Hmm .... ?
By the way... anyone ever try Brasso to polish stainless pipes? I probably have a can of it in the garage somewhere, but if I hear the name or see the logo, I start getting flashbacks of a drill instructor yelling at me about my belt buckle and buttons, so I haven't touched the stuff since the 80s. But it did work wonders, and I see it's still on the market.
Quite right my dear Goldoxide; " shaken, not stirred " like the Martini cocktail a la James Bond :beerchug:GoldOxide_imp said:Excellent max - and thx!
Maybe to be a wee bit pedantic :-/: Remember to shake the tube after it has been on the shelf for awhile. It could be a year before its next use.
I presumed everyone was referring to the Autosol stainless steel polish. Your picture indicates you’re using the regular metal polish. Is there a difference or does either work the same?max_imp said:Quite right my dear Goldoxide; " shaken, not stirred " like the Martini cocktail a la James Bond :beerchug:GoldOxide_imp said:Excellent max - and thx!
Maybe to be a wee bit pedantic :-/: Remember to shake the tube after it has been on the shelf for awhile. It could be a year before its next use.
Stainmagic leaves a stain on the application tissue similar to a coffe stain and a good shine, the autosol leaves a distinct black stain on the tissue and a mirror gloss.
It possibly cleans the remaining Stainmagic off the surface too.
Best way to describe stainmagic's action is that it dissolves the brown coloration, not easy to describe but easy to work with, this was the result of a small teaspoon of product,my advice; don't knock it until you've tried it.
Max did you get this product in? Im in NZ also so interested in what you have found the best for this job.max_imp said:Thanks gentlemen, on that happy note i have ordered a tube from Japan and look forward to the experience when it decides to arrive, i like stuff from japan, always have
Progress report to be submitted after product evaluation has been confirmed as requested by the Canadian branch-full stop.