Polish Engine side cover part number

Streetbiker_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
My 2014 cb1000ex stock engine cover come with silver color.

Does anyone know the polish side cover part number that able to work on my cb1100?
705b360c22d89d0593ed92338c2e8f32.jpg
 
up! I'm also really interested in this one: my CB also has the silver painted side covers and that bothers me a lot, always wondered how much all the set of polished covers would cost (a lot I'm afraid)
 
Thread starter
franov_imp said:
up! I'm also really interested in this one: my CB also has the silver painted side covers and that bothers me a lot, always wondered how much all the set of polished covers would cost (a lot I'm afraid)

I don’t think is expensive but just that I am not sure what is the correct parts number for it
a6d48ad5ee7746ce4d042f02a91402b0.png
 
2014 Deluxe was polished.

Be prepared to open your wallet.

I am in the process of switching over my bike to all the polished engine covers.

The big one with the oil filter glass and the one over the sprocket on the other side are prohibitively expensive new.

So I waited until I found both of them used on Ebay. Even then, I still paid roughly $200 for the pair used which was well less than 1/2 of new.

The other 3 parts weren't horrible- especially since Revzilla had a 20% off Honda parts sale a couple weeks ago and free shipping.

https://www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/a/hon/52f28c1cf870021404ec5a60/left-crankcase-cover

https://www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/a/hon/52f28c1cf870021404ec5a5d/right-crankcase-cover

Is your valve cover painted too?

https://www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/a/hon/52f28c1af870021404ec5a58/cylinder-head-cover

Check out the price on the polished version of that!! Eeek.

If you have the time, desire and patience- you can polish and brush your own like I did-

http://m.cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=10330
 
as I was worried, they definitely cost too much: think I'll just stick with the painted ones.
I really wanted to add also the chrome fenders (I have a 2019 model and I don't know why they decided to put painted ones instead) and also those are hella expensive, like $500 for the two + workshop cost, don't really wanna mess myself with the rear one as there are several cables etc passing inside it

.. I didn't remember Honda to be that expensive in its spare parts!
 
Of course the DLX was polished. So were the 2010-2011 models that appeared down under. Somehow or other I thought, given the photo, franov meant a higher quality polish.
 
Thank you Dubs. You are indeed right. I'm having a language problem.

I thought the DLX and EX (which, given the spokes, I think is the bike in the picture above) shared the grey painted covers with the earlier standard models. But perhaps that's wrong. When I look at the few photos I have of DLX models they do look different.

I'll retire from the lists now.
 
I just bought all new OEM cases for a CB1100 RS,$1200 for every part. These are polished and clear PCd. These will be going on my 2014 Standard. I’m seriously thinking about having them CERACOAT but with my bike changing so much I want to keep some of the CB heritage with the polished cases.
 
Thread starter
FLYTYM_imp said:
I just bought all new OEM cases for a CB1100 RS,$1200 for every part. These are polished and clear PCd. These will be going on my 2014 Standard. I’m seriously thinking about having them CERACOAT but with my bike changing so much I want to keep some of the CB heritage with the polished cases.

Hi sir,
Do you mind to share the parts number?

Thanks
 
Streetbiker_imp said:
FLYTYM_imp said:
I just bought all new OEM cases for a CB1100 RS,$1200 for every part. These are polished and clear PCd. These will be going on my 2014 Standard. I’m seriously thinking about having them CERACOAT but with my bike changing so much I want to keep some of the CB heritage with the polished cases.

Hi sir,
Do you mind to share the parts number?

Thanks

Hi sir,
Do you mind to share the parts number?

Thanks I’ll post the part numbers in a few hours.
 
Thread starter
FLYTYM_imp said:
Streetbiker_imp said:
FLYTYM_imp said:
I just bought all new OEM cases for a CB1100 RS,$1200 for every part. These are polished and clear PCd. These will be going on my 2014 Standard. I’m seriously thinking about having them CERACOAT but with my bike changing so much I want to keep some of the CB heritage with the polished cases.

Hi sir,
Do you mind to share the parts number?

Thanks

Hi sir,
Do you mind to share the parts number?

Thanks I’ll post the part numbers in a few hours.

Hi sir,
Do you mind to share the parts number?

Thanks I’ll post the part numbers in a few hours.
thank you very much!
 
OK this is what I got:Cylinder head cover
12300-MGC-J80
Crank case cover RIGHT
11311-MGC-920
Cover clutch
11330-MGC-J80
Cover crank left
11321-MGC-J80
Cover left
11661-MGC-N20
Now it gets tricky,I ordered a pained piece by mistake and had to order the polished piece, that part is number isn’t in this list,its the small cover on the left side that covers the starter gear,your going to have to dig for that part number it’s on a separate receipt. Pull up a he parts diagram for a 2017 CB1100 RS to get the right number. You can double check all of my numbers against the diagram for the 2017 RS. Hope these are helpful.
 
Back
Top