Poetic Justice

redbirds_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
For all you guys that ride Harleys, please don't take this as an anti Harley thread but a lesson on being careful what you say.

I rode a charity fund ride on Saturday and while waiting to start the ride a fellow on a Sportster struck up a conversation about my CB1100. He expressed his disdain for all Japanese bikes and how he would not be caught dead riding one.

At rides end we were served a good barbeque lunch and had a drawing for door prizes. As we were all getting ready to leave, the event organizer began asking around if anyone living nearby had a bike trailer and could help a fellow rider get his disabled bike home. I volunteered to fetch my truck and bike trailer and guess who had the sick bike.

I didn't mention our earlier conversation as I drove the Sportster rider to his home.
 
You are a good man redbirds. As easy going as I am I'm not sure I wouldn't have said SOMETHING! Not derogatory, but something like "you shouldn't put down a man's ride when you might need that man's help someday"
 
Thread starter
I couldn't rub it in. He looked downcast aplenty.

He shook my hand and gave me a kindly "thank you". That was enough.
 
Sure he was a big mouth but you did the right thing. I would and have helped stranded riders regardless of there mount & race just the right thing to do. Many times I've stopped on the highway ( in my car or motorcycle )only to find out the guys having a smoke or taking a break.
 
I think we need to remember that over 85% of the Harley Davidson motorcycles produced since 1985 are still on the road. The other 15% made it back home.

(I'll be here all week folks, the manager said you should try the veal!)
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
I think we need to remember that over 85% of the Harley Davidson motorcycles produced since 1985 are still on the road. The other 15% made it back home.

(I'll be here all week folks, the manager said you should try the veal!)
It's a good job we have the. NhS here, or I'd be skint from all the stitches in my side Spacey.:rofl:
 
Version #1
"Yep mister, that's a great-looking Sportster you got there. ' Makes my trailer look great!"

Version #2
"So, you wouldn't be caught dead on a Japanese bike? Looks like your American bike wasn't too fond of having you atop it either!"

:D
 
Back
Top