Traumend_imp
New to the forum
Thread starter
hi? I am an 18 year old CB1100EX owner living in South Korea.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
For those of us less mechanically inclined, out of curiosity, why is that?m in sc_imp said:its from webike, I order stuff from there all the time. I'd never run stack on a street bike, but it looks cool. welcome to the forum.
Ah, makes sense.m in sc_imp said:1: not still air it's pulling from. longer runners and a still air box will provide better flow. 2: dirt, dirt, and dirt. it will suck in anything thrown up or around. 3: rain.
That just reinforces my conclusions that performance modifications are far outside of my (and probably most people's) expertise. It's hard for me to easily dismiss the engineering expertise of people that spend their entire careers perfecting their knowledge and experience. However, most car and motorcycle forum I have visited typically have a number of "essential" modifications everyone does. To me they seem to be more fad than improvement. The article touches on exactly that with the old mod most of us probably remember about opening up the air box. While I don't particularly care for the CalSci windscreen I bought for my FJR, they do have a lot of great information on their site. Their windscreen cleaning formula for example, works brilliantly.Tev62_imp said:Supporting m in sc's first point is the fact that the airbox is a resonant chamber.
see the explanation here. Resonant Air boxes: Theory and Applications
That just reinforces my conclusions that performance modifications are far outside of my (and probably most people's) expertise. It's hard for me to easily dismiss the engineering expertise of people that spend their entire careers perfecting their knowledge and experience. However, most car and motorcycle forum I have visited typically have a number of "essential" modifications everyone does. To me they seem to be more fad than improvement. The article touches on exactly that with the old mod most of us probably remember about opening up the air box. While I don't particularly care for the CalSci windscreen I bought for my FJR, they do have a lot of great information on their site. Their windscreen cleaning formula for example, works brilliantly.Whoops_imp said:That just reinforces my conclusions that performance modifications are far outside of my (and probably most people's) expertise. It's hard for me to easily dismiss the engineering expertise of people that spend their entire careers perfecting their knowledge and experience. However, most car and motorcycle forum I have visited typically have a number of "essential" modifications everyone does. To me they seem to be more fad than improvement. The article touches on exactly that with the old mod most of us probably remember about opening up the air box. While I don't particularly care for the CalSci windscreen I bought for my FJR, they do have a lot of great information on their site. Their windscreen cleaning formula for example, works brilliantly.Tev62_imp said:Supporting m in sc's first point is the fact that the airbox is a resonant chamber.
see the explanation here. Resonant Air boxes: Theory and Applications
So0o0o you gonna use that dyno of yours and give us a "with factory snorkel" and "without factory snorkel" chart or whatPowerDubs_imp said:Perfect timing...
another guy like me that has his own dyno...and posts to youtube just made a video showing the difference by removing the airbox snorkel to a new Ducati-
As you can see- it gained power...and leaned out a bit a/f which makes sense- more air.
Once he is able to add fuel- the results of something so simple will be even better.
Ah yes that makes perfect sense.PowerDubs_imp said:Yea... when both the weather and I get around to it.
I've considered buying an exhaust extraction system so I can run the bike in the garage with the door closed....but decided for what it would cost / space / time to set up... I might as well just wait for nice weather.