Plugged up

Glackie_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
be753db5653d7fa0a84659f3f500c2c3.jpg


Ouch

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
 
It's amazing how proud some dealers are of the parts they sell :D

Last part I bought at the dealer was a $22 oil filter. I understand that they need to make a buck, but some of their mark ups are just crazy. Never thought I'd ever see a spark plug that cost more than an aircraft spark plug, but now I have!
 
I think suggested retail on the plug is in the $19.95 range. That dealer is truly robbing people.
 
Ferret is correct. I paid about $20 each for plugs. Minus a 10% discount that I get for buying a bike there.
 
BTW what makes these plugs special and expensive is the S nomenclature on the plug which stands for "Special washer". The sealing washer on these is thinner and smaller in diameter than the one on the std NGK LMAR8A-9 plug (no S) which can be bought for $10 each.

Spark Plugs

see page 4 for washer info post 47
 
Thread starter
Those were Canadian prices too, so one Canadian dollar is worth .75 US. I returned them today and ordered a set from JEGs for 100 less.
 
Lots of the Canadian dealers parts pricing here seems way put of wack. I can only imagine that 3/4 or more of their phone calls end with the awkward "umm yeah, I'm going to call around and get back to you."

I've never found an OEM part that wasn't at least 60+% cheaper online.
 
That is a great price for them
 
I'm glad I could set you straight before you installed them. That was an OUTRAGEOUS price for 4 spark plugs.
 
Back
Top