KiowaEagle_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
The other night I was riding home and heard some metal tapping going on. It wasn’t a long ride and as soon as I got off I found it immediately, my PLOT chrome chain guard had broken just above the rear screw. I remember thinking when I installed it that the metal seemed thin and that part of it seemed a little flimsy but I figured plenty of people had them and I never heard of anything breaking so it must be alright.
I don’t have anyone riding with me on the CB and I don’t recall anything hitting it so I can only surmise it’s a stress fracture, maybe the metal was bad there. In looking at the break the metal seems brittle to my untrained eye.
So anyway I contacted Takashi and no, there is no warranty on an almost two year old chain guard. I didn’t expect it but it doesn’t hurt to ask. So now I’m thinking about trying to repair it. Mainly because I’m not about to spend that kind of money on another new one. Especially if the lifetime is only two years. But I’m unsure what the best way to repair it would be. So I’m asking you metallurgists out there....what are your thoughts?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t have anyone riding with me on the CB and I don’t recall anything hitting it so I can only surmise it’s a stress fracture, maybe the metal was bad there. In looking at the break the metal seems brittle to my untrained eye.
So anyway I contacted Takashi and no, there is no warranty on an almost two year old chain guard. I didn’t expect it but it doesn’t hurt to ask. So now I’m thinking about trying to repair it. Mainly because I’m not about to spend that kind of money on another new one. Especially if the lifetime is only two years. But I’m unsure what the best way to repair it would be. So I’m asking you metallurgists out there....what are your thoughts?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
)