air charlie_imp
First service completed
Thread starter
I ordered and installed a plexi 2 from National Cycle a couple of weeks ago. I have not seen much in the way of reviews on this screen so I thought I would throw out my 2 cents. First I am 6ft 2in so my review may not be applicable to everyone. My first ride down the interstate at 70 mph I was really impressed at the amount of air deflected. It made a huge difference from a comfort standpoint. Now for the negative side. For me it created a lot of extra wind noise around my helmet. I didn't notice any buffeting to speak of, but the increase in noise left me resorting to using ear plugs.
I would like to hear other peoples results with this windscreen. For me personally, (and I realize I am taller than the average rider) I think the screen needs to be a couple of inches taller to deflect the air above my helmet. For the shorter rides I have been doing lately I took the screen back off.
I haven't seen any taller windshields and am actually considering going to a shorter windshield that leaves my helmet in clear air but takes some of the air pressure off my chest area.
I currently use a full face Bell helmet. Does anyone know of reviews of helmets regarding quietness?
I would like to hear other peoples results with this windscreen. For me personally, (and I realize I am taller than the average rider) I think the screen needs to be a couple of inches taller to deflect the air above my helmet. For the shorter rides I have been doing lately I took the screen back off.
I haven't seen any taller windshields and am actually considering going to a shorter windshield that leaves my helmet in clear air but takes some of the air pressure off my chest area.
I currently use a full face Bell helmet. Does anyone know of reviews of helmets regarding quietness?

