Please help me understand this

It looks about as functional as a submarine with screen doors.

I think there's a subset of customized bikes that are only meant to be looked at. As someone that actually rides, I find little of interest in those types. I'm not saying that every farkle has to be functional, but when you take it to the level that you've made a virtually unrideable motorcycle, I just don't see the point.

While we're on the subject, can someone explain 3-foot tall ape hangers to me?
 
Custom bikes like this one are meant to be more about art than engineering. I suppose there are some folks who look at a piece of art and ask "What's the appeal?", but most probably just say "That doesn't appeal to me" and start wandering around the museum to find something that does. Similar to what PTerry said, someone put a lot of sweat and talent into making that bike and I bet it's beautiful to him. (Not to me, though)
 
Chapomis_imp said:
I think the owner parked it in the wrong neighborhood and someone stole his rear wheel.
:rofl: that's funny! I don't understand the BIG front wheel phonomenom either!!
Like someone said, I guess it's more art than utility. But then art is in the eye of the beholder...
 
That's a cool old gas station, too bad that thing is blocking the full view.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
It's a fad. In a couple of years, you will not be able to give one away. Like big dogs, iron hourse, orange county, etc. You don't see many of them at rallies now. The big wheels will collect dust in a few years. They could have bought a lot of cb s for that, and they can be ridden at highway speeds (safely).
 
No body ever lost money by underestimating the taste of consumers.

Personally, not for me but then again I find trials bikes visually appealing and cruisers not so much.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Thanks for the memory George. A very talented lady from a time when the common culture was mature and less coarse. Fits perfectly as a contrast to the photo of the butt dragging green "thing" in the photo.
 
good night I was chuckling at all the responses. Thanks for the laughs this morning fellas
 
Thread starter
I completely agree with the virtuous comments on the video, but let's not dismiss how offended and put-off society was by the youth counter-culture of the Sixties. Long hair, hippies, rock and roll, war protests, etc., was very unsettling (and I think very necessary) back in the day, but rather benign compared to what is promoted by the media and tolerated by society today!

I need to go for a ride.
 
We have a local news guy into baggers. I don't get it. But from Zoot Suits to butts that hang out into the next county, people will take a good idea and run it out so far that it is beyond useful or practical. Come to think of it, I think some birds did the same with their tail feathers.

But hey, they ride (I think, just assuming here :angel: ).
 
Back
Top