plastic cover gear indicator

pdedse

Moderator
Staff member
Thread starter
Hey, I think this has been addressed, but I searched and can't find it. The plastic cover to the gear / mileage indicator on the instrument panel...that's getting fairly scratched up even tho I've had the bike only since Jan. I've seen youtube vids of people using toothpaste to remove film / scratches from auto headlights...would it work on the CB plastic cover? Alternative? In the sunlight, the little scratches are adding up to the point the mileage is a bit difficult to read. Not a huge issue, but after getting the bike cleaned up after a trip, that's the only thing that needs attention...can't sleep at night...losing weight...no appetite...you know what I mean.
 
240 grit grinding wheel on a grinder. Let me know how it come out. :D

That thing does seem soft for something that people are going to wipe clean all the time. When someone posts a real response, let us know what works. Good luck!
 
Plastic polish the kind you use to take the scratches out of helmet visors, any plexiglass polish works great.
This is what I use on my plastic.

Kevin
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
240 grit grinding wheel on a grinder. Let me know how it come out. :D

That thing does seem soft for something that people are going to wipe clean all the time. When someone posts a real response, let us know what works. Good luck!
240 gri....wait, there's more posts...
husky385_imp said:
Plastic polish the kind you use to take the scratches out of helmet visors, any plexiglass polish works great.
This is what I use on my plastic.

Kevin

Looks good.
BestStandard_imp said:
BestStandard_imp said:
I've used this stuff for years. Its cheaper on Amazon.
Cool, thanks gents for the suggestions.
 
Back
Top