Plastic bolt head covers

White Dog_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I will be installing handlebar risers and need advice on how to remove the plastic bolt head covers which cover the bolts that hold the stock risers to the triple tree. What tool do I need to use to remove the covers and can they be re-used, or do I need to pony up for new ones from Honda?
 
White Dog_imp said:
I will be installing handlebar risers and need advice on how to remove the plastic bolt head covers which cover the bolts that hold the stock risers to the triple tree. What tool do I need to use to remove the covers and can they be re-used, or do I need to pony up for new ones from Honda?
I used a scratch all. But a tiny screwdriver will do. Something small, something sharp. Yes, you reuse them. If you do bunger or scratch, or lose one on the garage floor, ACE hardware sells them. At least my local ACE does.
 
Thread starter
Ole_imp said:
White Dog_imp said:
I will be installing handlebar risers and need advice on how to remove the plastic bolt head covers which cover the bolts that hold the stock risers to the triple tree. What tool do I need to use to remove the covers and can they be re-used, or do I need to pony up for new ones from Honda?
I used a scratch all. But a tiny screwdriver will do. Something small, something sharp. Yes, you reuse them. If you do bunger or scratch, or lose one on the garage floor, ACE hardware sells them. At least my local ACE does.
I used a scratch all. But a tiny screwdriver will do. Something small, something sharp. Yes, you reuse them. If you do bunger or scratch, or lose one on the garage floor, ACE hardware sells them. At least my local ACE does.
Ace is probably 85-90% cheaper than Honda. Thanks for the tip.
 
I'm the opposite story -- I removed the risers that the prior owner installed (the OE bars are high enough already). Does anyone have the torque values for the four clamp bolts? Thanks in advance.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
I'm the opposite story -- I removed the risers that the prior owner installed (the OE bars are high enough already). Does anyone have the torque values for the four clamp bolts? Thanks in advance.
it's 15 ft lbs and the manual calls for tightening the front two first and then the rear two.
 
Ferret, you answer that question a LOT. I'm thinking your tag line should be:

"it's 15 ft lbs and the manual calls for tightening the front two first and then the rear two." :)
 
Back
Top