Pirelli Angel GTs en route

Nice looking rubber. I always love how a bike handles with new rubber.
 
Got your moneys worth out of the old one I see lol
 
Rolls which CB model do you have?

I'm surprised by the tight clearance between the tire and center stand.

I just switched to 17" wheels and put 180 wide Angel GT's on my and I still had a full finger width+ clearance.

I have the standard model (4 into 1 exhaust and no ABS).

Now that I am looking at a photo of my rear tire I can see that my chain adjuster is more than halfway extended due to the smaller front sprocket and older chain.

Maybe that is why I have more clearance at the moment. My tire edge is behind the center stand as opposed to right next to it. Now I'm curious to know what is going to happen when I replace my chain.

Rolls_imp said:
https://refract.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Forum-Photos/i-3GPjRpH/A
 
Rolls_imp said:
After 3 fronts and two rears of the stock BT54 variety, 26,900 miles [correction, 25,900 (got a little carried away :shy: )], lots of research, and Pterodactyl's helpful updates I put in an order today for Angel GTs in the sizes you'd expect, if you've been following these newer option tire threads: 110/80 F (stock) and 160/60 rear (closest available to stock).

My conclusion, after lots of research was that the PR3sand the Angel GTs were both great choices, offering a bit of performance improvement, better road feel, and long, more even f/r, life. It helped my decision to deviate from stock to hear the excellent experience many forum friends were having with these options, including some of our most experienced, Ptero and The ferret, among others. A real good price on the Pirellis made it easier for me to pull the trigger today. So did a possible track day at Thunderhill about 10 days from now.

That last bit, and our dry weather and comfy temps, made me really tempted to try a pair of the ContiRoadAttack 2 CR hides that Ulvetanna is enjoying. Ultimately, $ and durability conspired to help me conclude that the Angels would the best bet for me right now.

The value of the depth and breadth of experience among our members and their willingness to share their insights cannot be overstated. Sure has made my miles on this fine bike safer and more enjoyable. For that, I continue to be grateful.

I was looking at the Angels as my next set of tires too. When you get a chance post any updates and pictures of your bike with the angels bc I also like the way they look. Your reasons for picking the angels are the same as mine. Thanks!
 
I'm a few thousand miles into my first set of Angel GTs, and still love them. I've never ridden the CB on Michelin Pilots, but I'd imagine they're every bit as good.
They heat up quickly and appear to be wearing nice and even. I haven't seen a single mention of a disappointment with either the Pilots or GTs, so you really can't go wrong.
 
Thread starter
I'll say! It's a little scary how that one section was down to the cords, and most of the rest of tire was just "very well worn." Like the chain, always best to check in several places.

The ferret_imp said:
Got your moneys worth out of the old one I see lol
Mine's a 2013 non-ABS. So very similar to yours, but maybe center stand is different on '14 standard?
chync_imp said:
Rolls which CB model do you have?

I'm surprised by the tight clearance between the tire and center stand.

I just switched to 17" wheels and put 180 wide Angel GT's on my and I still had a full finger width+ clearance.

I have the standard model (4 into 1 exhaust and no ABS).

Now that I am looking at a photo of my rear tire I can see that my chain adjuster is more than halfway extended due to the smaller front sprocket and older chain.

Maybe that is why I have more clearance at the moment. My tire edge is behind the center stand as opposed to right next to it. Now I'm curious to know what is going to happen when I replace my chain.

Rolls_imp said:

https://refract.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Forum-Photos/i-3GPjRpH/A
 
Back
Top