Pipemaster 4 in to 4 question

TCBronson_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
As a few of you know I just bought a 2014 DLX and it came with what I believe to be Pipemaster 4 in to 4 exhaust system. My understanding is that new they would cost over $2000 with shipping. I tried installing the original center stand and it will not fit so I might want to sell this system.
Sridhar, a forum member, is the one that sent me the link to the bike for sale and expressed an interest in the exhaust so he would get first shot. I have sent him a few messages without a response, yet. I want to be fair with the price and not sure what to ask for them. So can someone confirm that they are Pipemaster and what would be a fair price plus shipping expense?
Thank you,
Tom
 
That is indeed a Pipemaster setup.

They are about $16xx new- I just bought a set.

The center stand WILL work with that exhaust- I just don’t know if it needs to be on before the exhaust as I haven’t put mine on yet. Still waiting on delivery.

I think you have an earlier unit- looks long. I know the newer ones were shortened by several inches.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’d guess you would have no problem selling them for $1000-1200. They aren’t common.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
That is indeed a Pipemaster setup.

They are about $16xx new- I just bought a set.

The center stand WILL work with that exhaust- I just don’t know if it needs to be on before the exhaust as I haven’t put mine on yet. Still waiting on delivery.

I think you have an earlier unit- looks long. I know the newer ones were shortened by several inches.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’d guess you would have no problem selling them for $1000-1200. They aren’t common.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Peter Gray of Pipemasters sent me an email 2 days ago from me seeking a system. $1690 plus $175 shipping to my door.
The pipes will work with the EX model & center stand from what I have been told, just not the earlier models.
 
Thread starter
I guess because these are the earlier long ones, the center stand does not work, I have tried and there is no way that I can see how they would work. Not enough clearance.
 
The pipes should be identical other than about 3 inches shorter at the tail end which would have no effect on the center stand.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hey Tom, Thanks for giving me the first preference. Like you having a center stand is a big deal for me as well so unfortunately I’ll have to pass. I’m sure someone will snatch it in a heartbeat for the right price. GL with the sale!
 
The center stand will work- I don’t know what he is doing wrong- but he is doing something wrong...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
In early discussions about the Pipemasters back in 2013, there was a view—unsubstantiated as far as I can see—that the centre stand had to go. It seems to me the simple solution is to ask Peter Gray at Pipemasters. His email is pipemasterspower@gmail.com. TCBronson, he probably k owns who he made the ones you have for and can tell you whether the centre stand will fit.
 
Perhaps you have already tried this but use a rear stand to lift the bike up , than you have more room to see if you can make the center stand fit. Is the cross over part in the way or is it the pipes themselves ? Asking Peter Gray is probably the best way to find out , make certain you mention the year of the bike and type. Good Luck , they sound and look beautiful.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
In early discussions about the Pipemasters back in 2013, there was a view—unsubstantiated as far as I can see—that the centre stand had to go. It seems to me the simple solution is to ask Peter Gray at Pipemasters. His email is pipemasterspower@gmail.com. TCBronson, he probably k owns who he made the ones you have for and can tell you whether the centre stand will fit.
I did last week, and he said the early models the center stand had to go. To me that means 2013 and below since we have members with DLX that keep the center stand.
 
Yes, the first ones were made for a 2010-2011 bike.
 
Thread starter
I heard back from Peter and the center stand will NOT fit with these earlier pipes. So I think I will sell the exhaust system.
 
Back
Top