Harley, Yamaha, Kawasaki, BMW use 1 7/8" ID mufflers. I was hoping that would be the measurement so I could use a generic muffler on my bike. The OD of the head pipe on most is 1 3/4". The muffler manufacturer will sometimes give you a shim to use the muffler on a 1 1/2" OD headpipe so one may work. Anyway, thanks! wg
Any exhaust with a 1 3/4" ID will slide right in with 1 reducer ring. The ring ought to be roughly ~0.6-0.7mm thick. And most reducer rings on sale comes in a set of 3 and one of em will do the job for you. They retail typically around $7 - some exhausts will come with the reducer kit.
I just want to get rid of the Yoshimura slip on and put a stock looking muffler on. One from JC Whitney or JP Cycles (Universal type) as I think sport bike slip ons look a bit out of place. When I reach the magical number of posts I will likely put something in the classified for a trade with a local guy (San Antonio) area. There seems to be some sort of bracket needed with the Yosh slip on to retain the centerstand and I definitely want to retain the centerstand.
No hurry... I have a 2010 Can Am RT that I need to change the shock springs out, add a volt meter and put some floor boards on so I won't get to messing with the muffler on the CB for a bit. I have also been visiting my grandkids for a week and am backed up with work.