Pipe Master 4 into 4

The stock O2 are the smaller bike size.

Cars, and unfortunately the Dynojet autotune box use the old fashioned larger size.

Weird the sensor would be in the cross over as that negates the entire purpose of 2 O2 sensors (half the engine for each)

My email is Josh@PowerDubs.com

Thanks.
 
Thread starter
PowerDubs_imp said:
The stock O2 are the smaller bike size.

Cars, and unfortunately the Dynojet autotune box use the old fashioned larger size.

Weird the sensor would be in the cross over as that negates the entire purpose of 2 O2 sensors (half the engine for each)

My email is Josh@PowerDubs.com

Thanks.
Josh , I just emailed you the picture
 
Thread starter
Thank-you SO MUCH Amos; what would we do without you.
21eb0c445f1531b1f33d99254e0dbfc2.jpg
 
Sidestand still there:celebrate::excited: thanks guys for the long awaited update, looking good!
 
Thread starter
It went very well putting the Pipe Master 4 into 4 onto my 2014 DLX.
I have the Moriwaki 4 into 4 on my 2013 but to be honest I prefer the Pipe Master :
Easier to put on , nicer looks , better sound and also cheaper than the Moriwaki.
DLX exhaust was 43.45 lbs and the Pipe Master 26.4 lbs for a weight saving of 17 lbs.
I could keep the side AND center stand as well !
It took a while to get the exhaust but it was worth the weight and worth every penny.
Again thanks to Amos for helping me and showing Jackie how to post pictures on the Forum. Hopefully we (SHE !) can be self efficient in this matter from now onwards.....
 
That looks sharp!

I'd ask for videos comparing the sound between the different 4-4 but I suppose that is difficult for you.

Any chance you could do me one last favor and take a few pics where the O2 sensors go up? I just want to see if / how much clearance there is.

The Moriwaki have little cats in the pipes- so that's my guess as to why they sound a little less raw.
 
Houtman, I won't believe it is on your bike and on both sides unless you let me spin it around the block...:P

Look G R E A T !!
:excited::biker:
 
Hey guys, I thought I'd add a couple more photos from today's installation, along with a comment or two. First the pics, including one of the "H-assembly/crosseover" that I think Powerdubs asked for. Here they are:

b253444a7662eee301e5a3edbfe64739.jpg


cfa747e718f8b1288420859a34d0aa62.gif


735d3911291c5ee770aa8852d567795e.jpg


7be15b66775ec08e4a346c8c3a9fa123.jpg


Now for a couple of comments: I may be one of those rare individuals who have seen and heard in person all three of the major 4 into 4 pipes: Houtman's Moriwaki's and Pipemasters; and Mtneers Wyverns, and so I'll attempt a few impressions or observations:

1) If you had an original CB750, you'll definitely gravitate toward the Wyverns in terms of looks.
2) All three are of superior quality construction.
3) The Pipemasters and the Moriwaki will likely be favored by those who had the 2nd generation 750 or the Nighthawk.
4) All give that great sound of 4 individual cylinders firing in sequence. If pushed, I'd say the Pipemasters edge out the other two just in terms of the "throatiness", i.e. the bass-end sound.
5) The Pipemasters allow free access to the oil filter, and maybe to the rear axle for removal. It's close, but as I thought about it later, if the bike is on the center stand, I think the swingarm will drop just enough to let the axle bolt come out and clear the pipes. BTW - the Pipemasters works with the center stand retained.
6) The Pipemasters look to be slightly smaller in diameter than the Moriwaki, and they you can look down the pipe and see the baffle inside, about 6 inches inside the end of the pipe.

Bottom line conclusion for me is that the choice among the three would be highly personal in terms of which "look" you're going for - i.e. 1st Gen or 2nd Gen. CB look. All are excellent quality hardware. All seem to fit well. Pipemaster may have a slight edge in terms of overall "value", ie. price combined with looks and sound.

b2023cf4088b5f33fb06e6309b91e3c8.jpg


PS: Thanks to John for a very enjoyable lunch at Sierra Nevada in Asheville after our work session!
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
Houtman, I won't believe it is on your bike and on both sides unless you let me spin it around the block...:P

Look G R E A T !!
:excited::biker:
Peter , you can take it for a spin when you visit us and I also buy you lunch at Sierra Nevada !
 
Thank you for your invitation....
Covid screwed up so many plans, and I just do not know what will happen in July-August-September...most likely all of August ++ we might be in Poland due to wife's ailing parents.
 
The A-man_imp said:
Hey guys, I thought I'd add a couple more photos from today's installation, along with a comment or two. First the pics, including one of the "H-assembly/crosseover" that I think Powerdubs asked for. Here they are:

b253444a7662eee301e5a3edbfe64739.jpg


cfa747e718f8b1288420859a34d0aa62.gif


735d3911291c5ee770aa8852d567795e.jpg


7be15b66775ec08e4a346c8c3a9fa123.jpg


Now for a couple of comments: I may be one of those rare individuals who have seen and heard in person all three of the major 4 into 4 pipes: Houtman's Moriwaki's and Pipemasters; and Mtneers Wyverns, and so I'll attempt a few impressions or observations:

1) If you had an original CB750, you'll definitely gravitate toward the Wyverns in terms of looks.
2) All three are of superior quality construction.
3) The Pipemasters and the Moriwaki will likely be favored by those who had the 2nd generation 750 or the Nighthawk.
4) All give that great sound of 4 individual cylinders firing in sequence. If pushed, I'd say the Pipemasters edge out the other two just in terms of the "throatiness", i.e. the bass-end sound.
5) The Pipemasters allow free access to the oil filter, and maybe to the rear axle for removal. It's close, but as I thought about it later, if the bike is on the center stand, I think the swingarm will drop just enough to let the axle bolt come out and clear the pipes. BTW - the Pipemasters works with the center stand retained.
6) The Pipemasters look to be slightly smaller in diameter than the Moriwaki, and they you can look down the pipe and see the baffle inside, about 6 inches inside the end of the pipe.

Bottom line conclusion for me is that the choice among the three would be highly personal in terms of which "look" you're going for - i.e. 1st Gen or 2nd Gen. CB look. All are excellent quality hardware. All seem to fit well. Pipemaster may have a slight edge in terms of overall "value", ie. price combined with looks and sound.

b2023cf4088b5f33fb06e6309b91e3c8.jpg


PS: Thanks to John for a very enjoyable lunch at Sierra Nevada in Asheville after our work session!
I think I am going to do this to either my DLX, when Finished, or the EX. It just looks great and brings back so many memories of the early 4 into 4 that were everywhere back in the 70's/80's.
 
Thread starter
This morning I took the 2014 with the Pipe Masters for a 100 mile trip. Bike run great , sounds perfect , louder than stock but a pleasant sound . The headers did turn a nice golden color. I had to make a larger stop on the center stand as the OEM did not touch the pipes that well . I used a hard silicone 1 by 2 inch mod podge spreader about a1/4 inch thick , took the old rubber stopper out and with a small carriage bolt fitted the new new larger stopper : worked perfect and will try to post a picture of it but had a problem loading the photo (?)
I would strongly recommend the Pipe Master 4 into 4 if you want to go retro exhaust.

Returning from the Pisgah Inn going home about 10 miles into the trip I saw a small box turtle crossing the BRP , as I love reptiles I stopped to get it off the road. I parked my bike and put the 4 way flashers on and saved the turtle. Very soon a Park Rangers stopped and gave me hard time that I parked my bike on the road , side of the road was too soft. When going back to the bike it would not start , not even with my battery booster ! After jump starting it ( I was on down ward hill ) I made it home
We did NOTHING to the electrics yesterday so probably just bad luck . The Yuasa OEM battery is nearly 4 years old and I always replace them at 4 years but might look at a lithium battery this time.

The bike seems to run stronger with the Pipe Master ( saved 17 lbs in weight as well) It is probably just a feeling but I have a sensitive butt ..... so it could be true !
 
John, be proud of yourself for helping a little box turtle...I think, it wanted to see and hear your gorgeous motorcycle :thumbsup:
 
Houtman_imp said:
This morning I took the 2014 with the Pipe Masters for a 100 mile trip. Bike run great , sounds perfect , louder than stock but a pleasant sound . The headers did turn a nice golden color. I had to make a larger stop on the center stand as the OEM did not touch the pipes that well . I used a hard silicone 1 by 2 inch mod podge spreader about a1/4 inch thick , took the old rubber stopper out and with a small carriage bolt fitted the new new larger stopper : worked perfect and will try to post a picture of it but had a problem loading the photo (?)
I would strongly recommend the Pipe Master 4 into 4 if you want to go retro exhaust.

Returning from the Pisgah Inn going home about 10 miles into the trip I saw a small box turtle crossing the BRP , as I love reptiles I stopped to get it off the road. I parked my bike and put the 4 way flashers on and saved the turtle. Very soon a Park Rangers stopped and gave me hard time that I parked my bike on the road , side of the road was too soft. When going back to the bike it would not start , not even with my battery booster ! After jump starting it ( I was on down ward hill ) I made it home
We did NOTHING to the electrics yesterday so probably just bad luck . The Yuasa OEM battery is nearly 4 years old and I always replace them at 4 years but might look at a lithium battery this time.

The bike seems to run stronger with the Pipe Master ( saved 17 lbs in weight as well) It is probably just a feeling but I have a sensitive butt ..... so it could be true !
... replace the battery soon. Been there exactly with the CB1100. Lithium battery is much lighter and does not require tending during off seasons unless you have a load on it (e.g. active bike alarm, etc.). You will need a lithium-based charger should you choose this route.

RE sensitive butt: Yeah, the CB1100 OEM saddles can be unforgiving to some of us, butt isn't that the case with most m/c's?
 
Back
Top