Pipe Master 4 into 4

Thread starter
michael1954_imp said:
What brand of rear shocks do you have on the bike? Thanks, Michael
Ohlins with the chrome springs , I do not think that the yellow Ohlins springs would look good on our bikes.
 
Thread starter
I just ordered a new OEM Yuasa batterie for the 2014 from Honda Power sports in Chattanooga TN . $217 including shipping to NC but no tax. I thought about going with a lithium batterie but decided to stick with the known one OEM despite only 4 years of life. Having to buy a special charger for best results also played a role in my decision to stick with AGM batterie.
 
Can someone explain to me how / what the blob area that the O2 sensors are in consists of?

I can't rationalize what he has done there (pipemaster guy)...and I don't think it is right... as a proper O2 should be in the pipe flow itself..

Probably isn't noticed and won't matter to normal people as the stock o2 is just narrowband binary for emissions- but a WBO2 would most likely have a severe discrepancy from reality.




71ccf18148c7abb4cef4b7984be7b8f9.gif
 
Thread starter
NHCB1100_imp said:
That exhaust looks outstanding. Not to change the topic but what brand of foot pegs do you have? They look nice also.
Vario 360 degree adjustable pegs from Germany : very good ones !
PowerDubs_imp said:
Can someone explain to me how / what the blob area that the O2 sensors are in consists of?

I can't rationalize what he has done there (pipemaster guy)...and I don't think it is right... as a proper O2 should be in the pipe flow itself..

Probably isn't noticed and won't matter to normal people as the stock o2 is just narrowband binary for emissions- but a WBO2 would most likely have a severe discrepancy from reality.




71ccf18148c7abb4cef4b7984be7b8f9.gif
 
Looks like the connecting pipe has screws that also allow the pairs of pipes to be brought closer or further apart. I see the o2 sensor location that goes directly into each side of the exhaust. The sensors are threaded into each side and nit into the middle connecting section.
 
Houtman_imp said:
michael1954_imp said:
What brand of rear shocks do you have on the bike? Thanks, Michael
Ohlins with the chrome springs , I do not think that the yellow Ohlins springs would look good on our bikes.
Ohlins with the chrome springs , I do not think that the yellow Ohlins springs would look good on our bikes.
I am now saving for the Pipes, they just look and sound too cool to pass up on at least one of my CB's. Are the Ohlins Rear Shocks that much better than the Showa shocks to merit spending that much for them? I like rear shocks to be on the softer side versus stiffer side since I do not race either of the CB's I have left; and saving my spine and kidneys comes first. The Ohlins look good, but I have always replaced bike shocks with progressive suspension pairs, set to the softer side of rebound.
 
Thread starter
For me it was worth spending the $ 1000 on the Ohlins shocks because my back , a more compliant ride but it might not be for everyone to spend that kind of money.
 
Houtman_imp said:
For me it was worth spending the $ 1000 on the Ohlins shocks because my back , a more compliant ride but it might not be for everyone to spend that kind of money.
Thanks! I had a spinal infusion about 12 years ago, and I too take care of body parts needing extra-care versus saving money. Our backs are definitely worth protecting no matter what the cost for me too.
 
You can buy Ikons for much less- and they have spring weight options in addition to the adjustable of the shock itself.

Ikon is a play on the word Koni (very popular / capable automobile performance shock company)- as they used to have a motorcycle suspension division, but sold the rights and the name was changed.
 
Thread starter
Fast Bike Industries in Hendersonville NC also has different weight springs for the Ohlins , I went for a slightly heavier spring because my weight (including gear )
 
Thread starter
This is the larger "rubber " ( it was silicone) stopper I put on the center stand so it will rest onto the Pipe Master exhaust.
2508273af4de1cfef92577714998c52d.jpg
 
Thread starter
After a 100 mile ride the silicone stopper looked perfect , the exhaust was not terrible hot at that point of the system.
 
John do you think the rear axle bolt will clear the exhaust or do the shocks have to be loose to drop the wheel?
 
Thread starter
I am not certain Max if I can remove the back wheel without having to take other parts off first . I always take the wheel off myself for a tire change at the shop. Hopefully if I take the chain off the sprocket and pull the wheel as much back as possible I can remove the axle. If not it would be easy to take one side of the pipes off to get the axle bolt out . I do not need tires for some time so I would not know for a while but I can always do a "test" and see.
 
Thread starter
If the bike is on the center stand the wheel / swingarm drops a little but probably still not enough to remove the bolt but perhaps pulling the wheel back as much as possible could perhaps do it . If not , no big deal as it is very easy to remove two pipes and that will give you room to remove the axle.
 
Back
Top