Pinlock Fog Resistant Lens

KiowaEagle_imp said:
Because the weather is changing I just reinstalled the pinlock in my Shoei RF1200. It definitely does help in cool weather but it doesn't keep your glasses from fogging up :cool:
I went with the lasik fix for glasses. No more foggy lens.
 
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Because the weather is changing I just reinstalled the pinlock in my Shoei RF1200. It definitely does help in cool weather but it doesn't keep your glasses from fogging up :cool:
My glasses are double glazed.....
My glasses are double glazed.....





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My glasses are double glazed.....





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey KE, Thanks for posting your selfie. It will help me to remember what you look like when we get together again!
 
suhawk305_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Because the weather is changing I just reinstalled the pinlock in my Shoei RF1200. It definitely does help in cool weather but it doesn't keep your glasses from fogging up :cool:
My glasses are double glazed.....
My glasses are double glazed.....





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My glasses are double glazed.....





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey KE, Thanks for posting your selfie. It will help me to remember what you look like when we get together again!
Like you're gonna remember anything....:rofl:

You're in Sunnyvale PB? :beerchug:
 
KiowaEagle_imp said:
suhawk305_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Because the weather is changing I just reinstalled the pinlock in my Shoei RF1200. It definitely does help in cool weather but it doesn't keep your glasses from fogging up :cool:
My glasses are double glazed.....
My glasses are double glazed.....





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My glasses are double glazed.....





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey KE, Thanks for posting your selfie. It will help me to remember what you look like when we get together again!
Like you're gonna remember anything....:rofl:

You're in Sunnyvale PB? :beerchug:
Like you're gonna remember anything....:rofl:

You're in Sunnyvale PB? :beerchug:
...actually in Canada...but some faces are impossible to forget :P
:beerchug:
 
Thread starter
Stichill_imp said:
Pinlock advantages:[ul] [li]Prevents visor fogging
[/li][/ul] Pinlock disadvantages:[ul] [li]Easily scratched[/li] [li]Dirt inevitably gets between the Pinlock and the visor[/li] [li]Blurred lights riding at night (Pinlock should be removed)[/li] [li]Cost[/li] [li]Additional fiddle-factor
[/li][/ul]
There are different grades of Pinlock visors , some better than others but yes they probably have to be replaced every year to make certain that they perform perfectly.
 
Thread starter
When looking for a Pinlock lens check with one you want : the 30 , 70 or 120 . The 120 is the best one but is helmet specific .
 
I love the Pinlock that came with my Shoei RF-SR, real game changer with regards to visor fog. However I have noticed some distortion around lights when riding at night. If I recall correctly, the packaging even said 'for daytime use only'. Not sure if others have had this issue or not.
 
My pinlock visors have never been used. Lost somewhere in the basement. My most enjoyable riding is at night in the rain. I don't recall having a major fogging issue, possibly once back in '90. Lately, Plexus on the inside main visor has quickly dealt with any fog start-up. I will say that I do ride with front vents open and sometimes the visor open a slight bit.
 
Pinlock are fantastic. I have used them on several helmets.

The last one I have is similar to the transitions eyeglasses- it darkens when in sunlight. Had to import it from overseas because they don't sell it in the U.S. Probably some sort of legal reason.

Agreed they all have a little distortion at night.
 
Back
Top