Pinlock Fog Resistant Lens

Houtman_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Two years ago I bought a new Aria Signet X helmet , it came with a Pinlock 120 lens which I never installed.
Last week I had a nasty ride on the BRP with a lot of fog so I decided to install the lens.
I am VERY happy how it works , no fogging up at all on todays ride.
You have to clean the inside of your visor very well and take your time to install the lens but it is very easy. Why did I wait so long ?
 
I have a Pinlock lens for my Shoei that I’ve never used. Maybe I should try it. Thanks for the reminder and review.
 
+1 for installing the pinlock. My Shoei GT Air shield was constantly fogging up without the pinlock. The pinlock made a huge difference.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide' pid='251189' dateline='1570933820 said:
A pinlock visor came with my Nolan, but have never used it. Instead, a dose of Plexus inside seems to work better than expected.

Just install the Pinlock to see if you like it , if not they are easy to remove.
 
Because the weather is changing I just reinstalled the pinlock in my Shoei RF1200. It definitely does help in cool weather but it doesn't keep your glasses from fogging up :cool:
 
Houtman_imp said:
GoldOxide' pid='251189' dateline='1570933820 said:
A pinlock visor came with my Nolan, but have never used it. Instead, a dose of Plexus inside seems to work better than expected.

Just install the Pinlock to see if you like it , if not they are easy to remove.
Yes, over the years I have not had enough reason to pin it yet.. Traditionally I just crack the shield for a wee bit more air-flow ... seems to be enough. The addition of Plexus has dramatically changed everything. The inside shield clears very rapidly with shield totally closed.
 
Always been curious about a pinlock, and have riding friends who mirror Houtman by saying "Why did I wait so long to try one." Foggy coastal weather is coming soon on my commutes, I'll have to try one.
 
I've been using pin lock for years. Wouldn't ride in Seattle without it. Cold mornings are very damp and foggy here.
 
In the Golden Horseshoe, I can probably count on my hands how often the lake fog horn goes off in a year. So clearly a big difference compared to the west coast.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
In the Golden Horseshoe, I can probably count on my hands how often the lake fog horn goes off in a year. So clearly a big difference compared to the west coast.
I'm glad you linked the wiki...
 
Thread starter
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Because the weather is changing I just reinstalled the pinlock in my Shoei RF1200. It definitely does help in cool weather but it doesn't keep your glasses from fogging up :cool:
My glasses are double glazed.....
 
Houtman_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Because the weather is changing I just reinstalled the pinlock in my Shoei RF1200. It definitely does help in cool weather but it doesn't keep your glasses from fogging up :cool:
My glasses are double glazed.....
My glasses are double glazed.....





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
After I bought new transition glasses in march this year I stopped wearing glasses when riding my bike. The new ones get quite dark in the sun and take a while to get lighter in the tunnels. I can see good enough without glasses when riding but can not read a menu in a restaurant without them. I just order a burger with fries and that solves that problem !
 
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Because the weather is changing I just reinstalled the pinlock in my Shoei RF1200. It definitely does help in cool weather but it doesn't keep your glasses from fogging up :cool:
My glasses are double glazed.....
My glasses are double glazed.....





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My glasses are double glazed.....



:rofl:



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Pinlock advantages:[ul] [li]Prevents visor fogging
[/li][/ul] Pinlock disadvantages:[ul] [li]Easily scratched[/li] [li]Dirt inevitably gets between the Pinlock and the visor[/li] [li]Blurred lights riding at night (Pinlock should be removed)[/li] [li]Cost[/li] [li]Additional fiddle-factor
[/li][/ul]
 
Back
Top