Pics from this morning's ride 7-7

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
aka..my CB is no longer "pristine" lol

They were reporting spotty showers for every day this week (we are already 1" over our average rainfall for July.. and June was the 8th wettest June on record) but for my zip code they were predicting rain after 10 AM, so I left a few minutes after 7 AM for my morning ride, on dry roads. Guess I got out of my zip code because within 10 miles my tires were throwing wet stuff from the wet roads onto the front of my engine cases, pipes etc. Oh well, bought it to ride.

:idea: Maybe I could get Ride4Now to come up and detail it for me :hello:



[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/CB%20ride%20July%207%202015%20003_zpsiaaudble.jpg.html]

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/CB%20ride%20July%207%202015%20004_zpskhj2y4wv.jpg.html]

41 miles this morning, and except for the wet roads, it was a very pleasant morning ride.

.
 
I hate it when that happens because I'm so fussy about my bikes being shiny and clean. Oh well, I'm retired so I have lots of time.
And as you said, we bought them to ride - not be trailer queens.
BTW, I fitted a Fenda Extenda last summer and find that helps with road debris and rain. Do you have one too?
 
Thread starter
No Rocky I don't. Probably should, probably should have a luggage rack on it too (as it would be really handy), but I just love the way it looks as is. Luckily, I am not as fussy, like you said, it's not a trailer queen. When people look at my bikes they know I ride them lol.
 
Thread starter
Yep, it looks good in front of that snaky road. :D

I knew nobody was behind me because no one was following me on that road, and could see no one was in front of me, and since my camera was around my neck I could drop if needed and I left the bike running for a quick get away, I only needed about 5 seconds to capture the pic I wanted. I took the exact same pic the other day, but it didn't turn out like I wanted (road in back of bike was out of focus). Since It was a hop on/hop off pic I couldn't see it wasn't any good until I got home later. Hence the stop back there this morning for another stab at it.
 
The pics look great Ferret. We need a bit more rain our way as it"s been dry for the last two weeks. Temps were cool yesterday morning and I put in a few miles. You have some really nice roads nearby.
 
Thread starter
Thanks birds.. Truth be told IMO here in SW Ohio and just across the river in northern Kentucky we just have an abundance of awesome fun roads to ride, every element one looks for to make motorcycling fun.... sharp curves, lazy curves, S curves, sweepers, roller coaster hills, switchbacks, sometimes all on the same road. I feel fortunate as a motorcyclist to be able to ride these roads every day.
 
The ferret_imp said:
aka..my CB is no longer "pristine" lol

They were reporting spotty showers for every day this week (we are already 1" over our average rainfall for July.. and June was the 8th wettest June on record) but for my zip code they were predicting rain after 10 AM, so I left a few minutes after 7 AM for my morning ride, on dry roads. Guess I got out of my zip code because within 10 miles my tires were throwing wet stuff from the wet roads onto the front of my engine cases, pipes etc. Oh well, bought it to ride.

:idea: Maybe I could get Ride4Now to come up and detail it for me :hello:



[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/CB%20ride%20July%207%202015%20003_zpsiaaudble.jpg.html]

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/CB%20ride%20July%207%202015%20004_zpskhj2y4wv.jpg.html]

41 miles this morning, and except for the wet roads, it was a very pleasant morning ride.

.

-If YOU get it dirty, YOU clean it! :D
-I love the second picture with the blurred scenery...it feels like I'm moving just
by looking at it.
-If I tried that shot in the road, I'd get run over for sure.
-And I'm with Rocky...I hate a dirty bike, probably because I'd rather ride it then
clean it. And when it's dirty... I HAVE to clean it!! So... don't get it dirty!

Good stuff! :biker:
Of course... I'm not retired either... so no time... yet!
 
Are you saying that water just falls from the sky where you live? Astounding! :D :D

I haven't had time to give my bike a good bath since I got back from Colorado. I rode through rain, some hail, bug storms and on quite a few dirt roads. I don't think she's ever been this dirty. Fortunately, I'm on call for work this weekend, so I'll have plenty of time for some major polishing. Can't really go anywhere.
 
redbirds_imp said:
The pics look great Ferret. We need a bit more rain our way as it"s been dry for the last two weeks. Temps were cool yesterday morning and I put in a few miles. You have some really nice roads nearby.
What do you consider "cool temps" ?
 
I haven't ridden in awhile because of all the rain. But, mostly because I'm trading it in tomorrow for my cb and don't want murphie's law to come into effect. ;)
As a previous Bueller, I was always on "badweatherbiker.com". Buells are the subarus of bikes, they look better dirty!
Also, if you don't mind me asking Ferret, what road(s) is this in the great pics, as I'm from cincy too and always looking new quick little jaunts.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Thanks birds.. Truth be told IMO here in SW Ohio and just across the river in northern Kentucky we just have an abundance of awesome fun roads to ride, every element one looks for to make motorcycling fun.... sharp curves, lazy curves, S curves, sweepers, roller coaster hills, switchbacks, sometimes all on the same road. I feel fortunate as a motorcyclist to be able to ride these roads every day.
IMO, you have an excellent territory to ride ! Nice roads, not a lot of traffic, moderate climate and the time to do it ! Me, being in tourist territory, have nice roads, nice climate, but when the weather is nice the roads get full ! You are very fortunate.
 
Thread starter
Mitch the two roads in the pics are in Clermont County. The first pic is one of my favorite roads ST RT 743. It runs from St 222 down to ST RT 52 dumping out on the east side on Moscow. The other 2 pics were taken on Laurel Moscow Rd which runs between Rt 52 on the west side of Moscow over to 756. Rt 756 runs over to Rt 232 just north of Grant's home. Here are some videos of great local roads I'm sure you will enjoy and find some roads to ride on yourself.

http://www.motorcycleden.com/videos.html
 
Chapomis_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Thanks birds.. Truth be told IMO here in SW Ohio and just across the river in northern Kentucky we just have an abundance of awesome fun roads to ride, every element one looks for to make motorcycling fun.... sharp curves, lazy curves, S curves, sweepers, roller coaster hills, switchbacks, sometimes all on the same road. I feel fortunate as a motorcyclist to be able to ride these roads every day.
IMO, you have an excellent territory to ride ! Nice roads, not a lot of traffic, moderate climate and the time to do it ! Me, being in tourist territory, have nice roads, nice climate, but when the weather is nice the roads get full ! You are very fortunate.
IMO, you have an excellent territory to ride ! Nice roads, not a lot of traffic, moderate climate and the time to do it ! Me, being in tourist territory, have nice roads, nice climate, but when the weather is nice the roads get full ! You are very fortunate.
You may be in tourist territory but it sure is beautiful up there! My girlfriend recommended our honeymoon be a tour through the Green Mts in VT, but want to ride the coast from the cape through Rt. 1 (I think) in Maine.

@Ferret, awesome, thanks for the tips!
 
Chapomis_imp said:
redbirds_imp said:
The pics look great Ferret. We need a bit more rain our way as it"s been dry for the last two weeks. Temps were cool yesterday morning and I put in a few miles. You have some really nice roads nearby.
What do you consider "cool temps" ?
What do you consider "cool temps" ?
Temps were in the low 80's that morning and by the time I got home it was closing on 90 with high humidity. Supposed to be near 100 this weekend.

I'm riding with a small group of friends to Jacksonville on the 18th for lunch at Clark's Fish Camp. Round trip of about 200 miles and I pray it won't be that hot. Pam thinks we're all crazy. http://www.clarksfishcamp.com/
 
Ferret, since ride4now has passed on the detailing, you could try asking Tink. He seems a dab hand—see here.
 
Thread starter
Yea no kidding Cormanus.
 
The ferret_imp said:
aka..my CB is no longer "pristine" lol

They were reporting spotty showers for every day this week (we are already 1" over our average rainfall for July.. and June was the 8th wettest June on record) but for my zip code they were predicting rain after 10 AM, so I left a few minutes after 7 AM for my morning ride, on dry roads. Guess I got out of my zip code because within 10 miles my tires were throwing wet stuff from the wet roads onto the front of my engine cases, pipes etc. Oh well, bought it to ride.

:idea: Maybe I could get Ride4Now to come up and detail it for me :hello:



[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/CB%20ride%20July%207%202015%20003_zpsiaaudble.jpg.html]

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/CB%20ride%20July%207%202015%20004_zpskhj2y4wv.jpg.html]

41 miles this morning, and except for the wet roads, it was a very pleasant morning ride.

.


Nice photos, Ferret. Thanks for sharing. That is definitely Ohio. Love those early morning rides!~
 
Back
Top