Photobucket picture hosting changes

Stichill_imp said:
Great tutorials, Cormanus and offroad. One for the written learner and one for the visual learner. Might still need one for the ferret learner. :P

One comment about imgur: it's associated with the reddit website which is pretty much no-holds-barred internet anarchy. I usually exit the imgur landing page right away...some content is distracting and amusing and some is...weird.

I have my imgur account set to keep my posts private but the neat thing is that direct links to the images work publicly.
Good tip! Thanks!
 
The ferret_imp said:
When I get some time I will have to sit down and play. I barely have the skills to be a moderator. Still cant figure out how you change a link into a one red word "here" like you do Cormanus, or to make those cool maps like you do.
Yeah, about that, since you brought it up:
Don't worry if you ever figure that bit out. I'm "legally" colour blind and rarely see those links anyway. Now, if maybe the word "here", or whatever word represented a link, was both bold and underlined, I might catch on to more of those embedded links.

A single red word in the midst of black text is simply not enough contrast for those of us who may be red/green deficient. :(

...sorry for the temporary subject change and mini-rant, back to your normally scheduled discussion...
 
Gumby 1100_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
When I get some time I will have to sit down and play. I barely have the skills to be a moderator. Still cant figure out how you change a link into a one red word "here" like you do Cormanus, or to make those cool maps like you do.
Yeah, about that, since you brought it up:
Don't worry if you ever figure that bit out. I'm "legally" colour blind and rarely see those links anyway. Now, if maybe the word "here", or whatever word represented a link, was both bold and underlined, I might catch on to more of those embedded links.

A single red word in the midst of black text is simply not enough contrast for those of us who may be red/green deficient. :(

...sorry for the temporary subject change and mini-rant, back to your normally scheduled discussion...
Yeah, about that, since you brought it up:
Don't worry if you ever figure that bit out. I'm "legally" colour blind and rarely see those links anyway. Now, if maybe the word "here", or whatever word represented a link, was both bold and underlined, I might catch on to more of those embedded links.

A single red word in the midst of black text is simply not enough contrast for those of us who may be red/green deficient. :(

...sorry for the temporary subject change and mini-rant, back to your normally scheduled discussion...
Thanks for that, Gumby. I'll give some thought to how to identify embedded links for you. I fnd them so much tidier and in keeping with normal Internet conventions. It hadn't occurred to me that they're hard to spot for some.

If I said follow this link, would it help?
Offroad, thanks to you I've figured out how to use Flickr. I couldn't see how to do it when I tried yesterday. It's not as simple as Imgur, I don't think.
 
I don know guys... I find Tapatalk to be pretty straightforward. And it's free!!

41e7987662dae57af6565f4c29df27ea.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Gumby 1100_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
When I get some time I will have to sit down and play. I barely have the skills to be a moderator. Still cant figure out how you change a link into a one red word "here" like you do Cormanus, or to make those cool maps like you do.
Yeah, about that, since you brought it up:
Don't worry if you ever figure that bit out. I'm "legally" colour blind and rarely see those links anyway. Now, if maybe the word "here", or whatever word represented a link, was both bold and underlined, I might catch on to more of those embedded links.

A single red word in the midst of black text is simply not enough contrast for those of us who may be red/green deficient. :(

...sorry for the temporary subject change and mini-rant, back to your normally scheduled discussion...
Yeah, about that, since you brought it up:
Don't worry if you ever figure that bit out. I'm "legally" colour blind and rarely see those links anyway. Now, if maybe the word "here", or whatever word represented a link, was both bold and underlined, I might catch on to more of those embedded links.

A single red word in the midst of black text is simply not enough contrast for those of us who may be red/green deficient. :(

...sorry for the temporary subject change and mini-rant, back to your normally scheduled discussion...
Thanks for that, Gumby. I'll give some thought to how to identify embedded links for you. I fnd them so much tidier and in keeping with normal Internet conventions. It hadn't occurred to me that they're hard to spot for some.

If I said follow this link, would it help?
Offroad, thanks to you I've figured out how to use Flickr. I couldn't see how to do it when I tried yesterday. It's not as simple as Imgur, I don't think.

Thanks, that helps out those of us with red-green deficiency (the most common) and the extremely rare total monochromatic blindness.

Those with blue-yellow or blue-green deficiency may not have had an issue ;)
 
The ferret_imp said:
When I get some time I will have to sit down and play. I barely have the skills to be a moderator. Still cant figure out how you change a link into a one red word "here" like you do Cormanus, or to make those cool maps like you do.
It's taken me a couple of years how to figure out how address this in a post, Ferret, so don't feel too bad.

Changing a link to a word or words is easy. You can click on the link icon in the 'Post a new reply' section of the forum. That's the little globe with a chain link at the bottom. Type or paste a URL into the first box and the text you want to be the link (i.e.. what you want to appear red) in the second box that appears. What you will then see in your draft reply is something like the following:

Code:
A link to Ferret's post
It will display like this in the actual post:

[url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=11031&pid=176936#pid176936]A link to Ferret's post

A problem, we've learned, is that the red text is unfriendly to people with red-green colour problems. To get around that, you can simply underline the text. The text tnat appears in the draft of your post will look like this

Code:
[url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=11031&pid=176936#pid176936]A link to Ferret's post
That will display like this:

[url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=11031&pid=176936#pid176936]A link to Ferret's post

All this stuff is called MyCode and is explained in the help section of the forum. Follow [url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/misc.php?action=help&hid=7]this link.

If it helps, I'll find a way to post the text of what this post looks like in draft.
 
Great explanation Cormanus. Even I can understand it. Thanks.
 
Randy B_imp said:
I can still see my images here. Can anyone else?

efd776a498a36a6885c15c0d149c701d.jpg
Well...that's the end of mine. They killed it today.
 
Randy. As an Ex PB user I recommend you check out IMGUR. For now its free. It's less cumbersome and faster than PB. It's your friend. About a 3-5 minute learning curve and you're up and running :thumbsup:
 
Randy B_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
I can still see my images here. Can anyone else?

efd776a498a36a6885c15c0d149c701d.jpg
Well...that's the end of mine. They killed it today.
That's strange. I'm still posting images from PB and they're still showing up. I wonder how long that will last?
 
the one of your CB 750 mirror didn't work for me.
 
Hmmmm. It was there when I reviewed the post. I guess my time is up too. :(
 
Cormanus is cactus too. Got the email this morning; nailed this evening.
 
That's really ridiculous, do they think anyone is really going to pay $400 to embed pictures in a forum?

I guess it's all about advertising and money, if you don't have to go to their web site, you don't have to see their advertisements and ad buyers insist on exposure for their money.

It's really unfair and just mean to change the rules after some have spent many hours creating valuable pictured 'how to' and other articles on this forum.

If they were a little more reasonable about it, say $5/month I could see it.
I did see that Flickr adds a tag to all embedded photos pointing you to their web site, and if you click to zoom you are taken to their web site, I guess that is how they feed their ad buyers exposure.

Life lesson is and will always be true I guess, 'nothing is ever free.'

I read a post about Facebook that said, 'if you aren't paying for a product you think you are getting for free, then you are the product', I think a Facebook poster is only worth a few cents in advertising, but when you multiply that times a billion it adds up. :-(
 
That's the little globe with a chain link at the bottom.

Cormanus I don't see this anywhere, been searching for 10 mins.
 
Ferret, look at the row with the B I U on it right under the font and text size boxes.

Look to the right. There is a little pic of a mountain, then a green round thing with 3 chain links under it. Thats it.
 
All right! Now try the underline part. I couldn't figure that one out, unless you have to manually edit the mycode.
 
Back
Top