PHOTOBUCKET DILEMMA

Hiram E. Varona_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
CAN SOMEBODY EXPLAIN IN NORMAL LANGUAGE TO SOMEONE NOT COMPUTER LITERATE, HOW TO POST PICTURES IN THIS FORUM?

I HAD MY DAUGHTER SHOW ME ON A RECENT POSTING AND WAS ABLE TO POST A PHOTO, BUT NOW IT'S ALL GREEK TO ME. I'VE TRIED FOLLOWING THE "TUTORIALS" ON HOW TO POST PICTURES, BUT THIS INFORMATION IS GEARED TO THOSE WHO ALLREADY KNOW HOW TO DO THIS! TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY, THEY USE ABBREVIATIONS CONSTANTLY THEN THEY EMPHASIZE HOW "EASY" IT ALL IS!

I HAVE ATTEMPTED TO FOLLOW THIESE INSTRUCTIONS AT LEAST IN FOUR DIFFERENT OCASSIONS AND I USUALLY SURRENDER TO THE LANGUAGE AND THE SPEED IN WHICH THIS DATA IS PRESENTED. I MADE MY LIVING FOR ALMOST 15 YEARS AS A MAINTENANCE ISTRUCTOR TEACHING VERY TECHNICAL DATA TO EXPERIENCED AND NON EXPERIENCED INDIVIDUALS. FOR THE LIFE OF ME I FAIL TO SEE THE PURPOSE OF A "TUTORIAL" THAT FAILS TO CONNECT WITH THOSE THAT ARE SUPPOSEDLY LEARNING THE SUBJECT.

IN ORDER TO TEACH ANYTHING TO ANYONE, THE INSTRUCTOR CANNOT BEGIN HIS WORK BY "ASSUMING" THAT THERE IS SOME PRIOR KNOWLEDGE THAT ALLOWS HIM TO OMIT ESSENTIAL DETAILS. TO THOSE WHO HAVE NEVER HAD TO USE COMPUTERS, THE LANGUAGE AND THE ASSUMPTIONS JUST GET IN THE WAY. IT TOOK ME MONTHS TO LEARN WANT WAS MEANT BY "RIGHT CLICK". I RECENTLY DARED TO ASK SOMEONE WHAT AN "APP" WAS!

WE KNOW THAT IF YOU ARE TEACHING THIS STUFF YOU ALREADY UNDERSTAND IT! NOW TEACH IT TO THOSE NOT ACQUAINTED. WHEN THESE PEOPLE GLOSS OVER THE STEPS INVOLVED, THEY ARE MERELY SHOWING HOW CLEVER THEY ARE, BUT FAIL TO PASS THE INFORMATION TO THOSE TRYING TO LEARN IT!!!

THIS ISSUE IS A PAINFUL ONE FOR ME, IN THAT IT'S SO FRUSTRATING TO CONSTANTLY SEEK HELP TO DO WHAT OTHERS DO WITHOUT GIVING ANY THOUGHT. IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME I WOULD APPRECIATE IT INMENSLY. MY E MAIL IS FADAIR@HOTMAIL.COM YOU CAN CONTACT ME THERE IF YOU ARE WILLING TO DEAL WITH A COMPUTER ILLETERATE. BUT PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THAT'S WHAT YOUR DEALING WITH.
 
Go to a site like Smugmug, open an account, they are pretty good about walking you through how to upload pictures into an album that you will create on that site. Then, you can open the photo album you created on Smugmug, and click on "share pictures". Select a size to share and then copy the link they will provide for that picture and then paste it into your CB1100 forum post. Note that when you post here, you have the option to "insert image", that is where you paste that link you took from Smugmug. Volia! Picture will be shared with us!

I know that this was brief but good luck! Patience is a virtue. If I can learn this stuff, so can you!
 
Hiram, I understand you are frustrated but turn off the cap locks. In internet etiquette, that is a no no.

I'm confused, didn't you post a picture already of a motorcycle with a horse saddle on it? In this thread?

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5962&highlight=seat

You said " I MADE MY LIVING FOR ALMOST 15 YEARS AS A MAINTENANCE ISTRUCTOR TEACHING VERY TECHNICAL DATA TO EXPERIENCED AND NON EXPERIENCED INDIVIDUALS."

I'll bet you never tried teaching technical data to inexperienced students in a thread on the internet. That's what we are trying to do here. We have to assume if someone can make it to the internet and post on a forum that they know how to use a computer at least basically.

Lets start by getting you to answer some basic questions.

Do you have a digital camera?

Do you know how to download (transfer) the pictures from the camera to a storage file in your computer?

Do you know how to access that file? How to open it when you want to view a photo?

Do you know how to attach pictures from that file to say an email you are sending to someone?

Answer these and we will continue depending upon your answers.
 
Ferret, ( you knowing my pictures posting problems) Its Deja Vu all over again! :)
 
yea now we can't get you to stop :rofl:
 
When all else fails, get out the pen and paper and write it down, step by step.
Plenty of instructions on Google.
Like somebody said, if I can do it, you can do it - and I'll admit it took me a while to catch on.
 
Absolutely write the steps down until you have them set to memory. I have a book I made, 3 ring binder with notebook paper when I first started with the computer. Its called " How to run the computer in Mickey talk". Don't need to refer to it anymore, but when I first started in was a step by step process as told to me by my wife or son, whoever was teaching me, in my own language. I had pages for passwords, log in names, turning the computer on, logging on, downloading pics, logging off etc etc and I used it until I KNEW how to do things.
 
Don't feel bad. I've worked with engineers that knew everything there was to know about designing a nuclear rated crane that couldn't figure out how to use their email without written instructions.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Absolutely write the steps down until you have them set to memory. I have a book I made, 3 ring binder with notebook paper when I first started with the computer. Its called " How to run the computer in Mickey talk". Don't need to refer to it anymore, but when I first started in was a step by step process as told to me by my wife or son, whoever was teaching me, in my own language. I had pages for passwords, log in names, turning the computer on, logging on, downloading pics, logging off etc etc and I used it until I KNEW how to do things.
God bless my Dad, he use to do the same thing. When ever my son, daughter or I would say grandpa/Dad this is how you do this, he would get out his pen and say slow down kids, let me write all this down. He had a book full of hand notes. For a man in his 80's he knew his way around a computer.
 
Thread starter
EGAlvarez_imp said:
Go to a site like Smugmug, open an account, they are pretty good about walking you through how to upload pictures into an album that you will create on that site. Then, you can open the photo album you created on Smugmug, and click on "share pictures". Select a size to share and then copy the link they will provide for that picture and then paste it into your CB1100 forum post. Note that when you post here, you have the option to "insert image", that is where you paste that link you took from Smugmug. Volia! Picture will be shared with us!

I know that this was brief but good luck! Patience is a virtue. If I can learn this stuff, so can you!
Thank you for your kind and prompt assistance. A couple of questions. What is a LINK? How do I PASTE on a computer? Where do I note were it says option to "insert image"? Once I can answer these questions then I take the next step forward. Yes, "patience is a virtue" but it only applies to those who are not in immediate need of getting something done.
 
A link is the electronic address that tells where a computer file is located.

Depending on the computer operating system, there will be a right mouse click menu option that allows you to copy what is highlighted or what is under the cursor. There may be several options on how or what to copy. This copy options may also exist on a drop down menu at the top of the software window, under file or edit or other menus.

After you do the copy, there is also a paste option to let you paste what you copied. The copy and paste occurs to a clipboard that you cannot see. Nap lace where the information is temporary stored.

Gents did I get this correctly described? Please help.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Hiram, I understand you are frustrated but turn off the cap locks. In internet etiquette, that is a no no.

I'm confused, didn't you post a picture already of a motorcycle with a horse saddle on it? In this thread?

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5962&highlight=seat

You said " I MADE MY LIVING FOR ALMOST 15 YEARS AS A MAINTENANCE ISTRUCTOR TEACHING VERY TECHNICAL DATA TO EXPERIENCED AND NON EXPERIENCED INDIVIDUALS."

I'll bet you never tried teaching technical data to inexperienced students in a thread on the internet. That's what we are trying to do here. We have to assume if someone can make it to the internet and post on a forum that they know how to use a computer at least basically.

Lets start by getting you to answer some basic questions.

Do you have a digital camera?

Do you know how to download (transfer) the pictures from the camera to a storage file in your computer?

Do you know how to access that file? How to open it when you want to view a photo?

Do you know how to attach pictures from that file to say an email you are sending to someone?

Answer these and we will continue depending upon your answers.
The ferret_imp said:
Hiram, I understand you are frustrated but turn off the cap locks. In internet etiquette, that is a no no.

I'm confused, didn't you post a picture already of a motorcycle with a horse saddle on it? In this thread?

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5962&highlight=seat

You said " I MADE MY LIVING FOR ALMOST 15 YEARS AS A MAINTENANCE ISTRUCTOR TEACHING VERY TECHNICAL DATA TO EXPERIENCED AND NON EXPERIENCED INDIVIDUALS."

I'll bet you never tried teaching technical data to inexperienced students in a thread on the internet. That's what we are trying to do here. We have to assume if someone can make it to the internet and post on a forum that they know how to use a computer at least basically.

Lets start by getting you to answer some basic questions.

Do you have a digital camera?

Do you know how to download (transfer) the pictures from the camera to a storage file in your computer?

Do you know how to access that file? How to open it when you want to view a photo?

Do you know how to attach pictures from that file to say an email you are sending to someone?

Answer these and we will continue depending upon your answers.
I'm very sorry for the capital letters, I was not aware that it was not proper to use them. To answer your questions...

Yes, I now own a digital camera.
I learned last week how to insert the chip in the computer and have the pictures enter the computer.
Yes I can get to the pictures when I want to see them.
No, once I find them I can't do a thing with them.

My daughter stored them in photo bucket, and helped me post to the forum (the famous saddle picture) I have tried several times of replicating those steps and have not been able to do so. I can follow the steps until they ask for an E mail, then it tells me I'm already enrolled! After cooling off for a few minutes I try again, then after a few more attempts I give up. Today anger got the best of me and I appealed to the forum for some help. You are right, I was very angry when I wrote down my request for help. was not even aware I was using capitals though...
 
One question so we can help. Is it a Windows operating system computer or an Apple computer?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Elipten_imp said:
One question so we can help. Is it a Windows operating system computer or an Apple computer?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My computer says 'Windows 7" I don't know what an apple computer looks like.
 
Here is a tutorial on cut, copy, paste.

 
Offroad, Nice instructions! Ferret did that for me, but it didn't have the cool bubble pointers.
 
The picture I posted the other day is the first pic I've ever posted to a forum. All I did was google "how to post pictures from photobucket to a forum" and there it was.
 
Back
Top