Petty issue ..... but ,,,,,,

ohiorider_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I find the oil level sight glass on my '14 CB a frustration. I've had several other bikes with sight glasses about the size of a quarter, and quite easy to read. A dipstick would have been nice. Has Honda changed this on models newer than my 2014?
 
Have no issues with the sight glass myself. I always leave the bike on the center stand and give the sight glass a check before startup.
 
ohiorider_imp said:
I find the oil level sight glass on my '14 CB a frustration. I've had several other bikes with sight glasses about the size of a quarter, and quite easy to read. A dipstick would have been nice. Has Honda changed this on models newer than my 2014?
My issue with the sight glass on this bike is that it is inconsistent. Repeated inspections, over the course of a day and performed identically, will yield different results. My VFR800 has no such problem with the sight glass.
 
I'd prefer a dipstick too, but personally, it's not something I worry about. The oil gets changed every 4000 miles and the bike neither leaks nor smokes, so I'm sure it's fine.
 
I rarely even look at it. I change my own oil and know how much I put in it. It doesn't leak oil and it doesn't burn oil, so what's the use of looking at it? Maybe a quick check before a trip, other than that why bother?
 
The ferret_imp said:
I rarely even look at it. I change my own oil and know how much I put in it. It doesn't leak oil and it doesn't burn oil, so what's the use of looking at it? Maybe a quick check before a trip, other than that why bother?
"Hear Hear"
 
The ferret_imp said:
I rarely even look at it. I change my own oil and know how much I put in it. It doesn't leak oil and it doesn't burn oil, so what's the use of looking at it? Maybe a quick check before a trip, other than that why bother?

Yep
b6456d7876d4f8ae53c6951195e79ee4.png



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
After I found out my XR650L like to use oil I wish it had a sight glass. The dipstick method is too cumbersome to use easily and a sight glass would have been much better.

I have to agree, the sight glass is tough to get consistent readings on; but I tend to use it more for the colour of the oil - and if it even there. I do prefer it to a dip stick.
 
I drive honda.....i dont must care about oillevel....smile....
So:
Controll still by a stick needs more oil as you would let it.....LOL


.
i have no race drivestyle and let make all service intervals in right time by my dealer......
.
 
As long as the oilthermometer shows the same values, between 40 and 60° mostly, which it does, I don't care about the oil level. Having ridden 42.000km with the CB the Honda never needed an extra portion. The oil change interval is good ment by Honda, but I only change every 12.000km together with the filter.

Wisedrum
 
Back
Top