Personal note

Great news for you, Dennis!... get back to riding when you are recovered & ready... pets... one of the great joys in life & one of the deep sorrows when we must be compassionate to them!... Best of thoughts as you look forward!
 
Thread starter
Thanks again for everyones best wishes. I am home convalescing now with a big void in my neck. The incision is over 12 inches long! The surgeon got 99% of the cancer out of my neck lymp nodes. A small amount remains attached to jugular vein. Radiation will take care of that. Going to chemothearpy too. My neck is still plenty sore so riding will be a ways off. I still can go into the garage whenever I want to see my beautiful Honda.
 
That is great news! Chill out for some well deserved rest and follow orders. While you're in the garage, how about taking some CB porn photos and posting them up. I can never get enough good ideas on my garage and my bikes, like I get from other riders. Cheers.
 
dsinned_imp said:
Doesn't look like I'm going to be riding my CB as much as I would like.

Tomorrow, I'm having a neck dissection to remove a malignant cyst about the size of a tennis ball, my second bout with cancer in a year, which should keep me off the bike for awhile.

On another sad note, today, I had to put down my dog due failing health. He was like a son to me for the last 11 1/2 years. So sad.

I have made several new friends here and just wanted to thank you in advance for your thoughts and prayers.

Dennis (aka "dsinned")

New here,but thoughts and prayers with you for your surgery and condolences about your dog. Many here hoping you have a quick recovery.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Thanks again everyone. I start radiation (everyday for 7 weeks) and chemo therapy Sept 6th. Looks like no more rides on my CB1100 until late Fall.
 
Glad to hear things are looking up.
It's a sad, but important reminder to us all that life can be painfully short.
As a caregiver to three parents over 85, a wife, six dogs and two houses to take care of, getting time off to go for a ride is difficult to say the least.
When I do get a ride, (usually about once a week) I try to make the most of it and enjoy every curve and cloud in the sky.
When I say, take the long way home, I mean it. Squeeze in every minute of pleasure you can on your bike, it will end someday, hopefully not too soon.
Hope you're back on your bike soon. As for the loss of your dog, it's like losing a child. On the other hand, I have SIX............ so if you were needing one?
Best Wishes for a speedy recovery.
crutch
Northwest Arkansas
 
Great news on the surgery, D! Speedy recovery and good luck with the chemo and radiation therapy. Lemme know if I can help in any way.
 
Thread starter
Hi Rolls and thanks for your good thoughts and everyone else too. Its been rough going so far almost 4 weeks post op. Pain has been my constant companion. Pain meds help some, but not all the time.

I've lost interest just looking at my bikes in the garage. I can't work on them even if I wanted too. The CB needs an oil and filter change too. I haven't ridden any of them in nearly 2 months. ☹️

I'm thinking of selling my mint condition 2015 Bonneville T100 (with really trick fan mod), one of my 3 bikes. Co-payments at Kaiser have been killing me. Fortunately the neck dissection surgery was fully covered ($103,000).

As soon as my neck dissection heals, I will start 7 weeks of radiation 5 days a week including chemotherapy at the same time on Mondays for the first half. That's when the misery of all this truly begins.

I'm up for visitors (at home) if anyone would like to get out for a ride to SJ. I live near a McDonalds. You can park your bike here at my house and we can drive there in my car, only a 1/4 mile away. Please PM if interested.
 
Little far for me to come visit dsinned. Wish it wasn't, I'd visit. I'm riding over Tuesday to Indianapolis to visit forum member dUh (Rick) who has been having a rough time since his crash at this years rally.

really wishing you nothing but the best. It will be depressing no doubt but we are all pulling for ya. Hang in there, better days are coming.

Hey, someone go visit this man.
 
Thread starter
Thanks again for everyone's well wishes so far.

I'm still under going active chemotherapy and radiation treatments every week. This coming week will be my last four days of radiation (thank God!), then one more chemo infusion a week from Monday. They say there will be some bad days ahead for a few weeks after all the treatments (33 consecutive radiations and 5 once a week chemo days) end.

I have a feeding tube sticking out of my stomach, to get all my food that way. The interior of my throat is just too sore to eat by mouth.

Hopefully by early December I should be on the path to a remission. By February another PET Scan will be done to reassess my state of health with respect to the Cancer. I hope I will get a clean bill of health by then!

My wife and Son have been helping me as caregivers at home and being driven back and forth to Cancer Treatment Center in Santa Clara (Kaiser hospital). My wife has been managing all my meds and feeding me through the tube. Fortunately, we are both retired.

My neck surgery still has not fully healed, so I do not yet have the ability to turn my neck. Therefore, I cannot drive to the treatment center myself. My Son has missed many days of work because of this damn disease.

To make this post pertinent to the CB1100, my Son was just here visiting and to return my CB1100 and exchange it for my Bonneville. It is a nice day for a ride and I wished I could go with him for a short ride. I haven't been riding for 3 months and its agonizing to be laid up for so long. Well, at least my Son gets to have some fun with my bike(s).

Btw, let me be the first to wish everyone a Happy Holidays.

Cheers! :beerchug:

Dennis D.
 
Hi Dennis,
Good to hear from you. I'm sorry that I haven't been a better friend and kept in touch :s
Congrats on getting through all those treatments. I hope you break on through after the radiation is all wrapped up.
So you held on to the Bonnie after all. That's good. Sell it 'cause you want to, not because you have to.
Keep up in the loop and we'll keep you in our prayers.
Bob
 
Back
Top